From Icarus

the PeachPundit bracket is now officially online, and unofficailly announced. (Get on this, front page people. Don’t make me start threadjacking the non-sports threads).

Go here:

Enter this:

Your group ID# is 91679 and your password is: icarusrules

1. Icarus says:

There are a lot of you still missing from the tourney.

Must I remind you, again, that this is for the children.

In addition, it’s also for the title of Interim Congressman from GA-10th Congressional District. See the commissioner’s note for details.

2. bluemcduff says:

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I (unfortunately) live in Clayton County–I bleed red in a deep blue county.

Love the commentary here and thought it was high time I got in on the discussion.

3. Bill Simon says:

Poker, I understand. Craps, I understand. Basketball “brackets” I don’t get.

They didn’t have that course in my college curriculum. I realize though that it was required at UGA to graduate.

4. Icarus says:

You think WE are the basketball school?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

Gambling, however, we understand.

I don’t know crap about the round ball, which is why I occasionally win this thing when there’s a year where all the “experts” are shaking their heads saying “no one could have predicted this upset…”

Sign up, make some random picks, possibly be the hero we all want you to be (eventually, at something).

5. bowersville says:

Will someone please type the link so that I might click it to proceed with the ID number? I got confused traveling to the liquor store in my new car and once I got home, well, the http address kept eluding me.

6. John Konop says:

Icarus

I did not see any rules allowing us to drink adult beverages on Sunday while watching the games. I heard you and Rugby are working out a compromise with Sonny. How is it going?

7. Icarus says:

Sonny says as long as you’re willing to get in your car and drive, preferably to a baseball game, or ride in a limo like all normal folks do, you’re allowed to drink as much as you want on Sunday.

8. bluemcduff says:

Hi Mark–I just tried it as an autogenerated nom de plume and it just grew on me–I just like the color but not the ideology it’s now tied to–remember prior to 2000 Republicans were identified with blue in the political maps.

I take the mcduff part based upon a variation of “Casey at the Bat” from the pitcher’s point of view–the pitcher’s name was McDuff.

If you want to read the story–it’s in Joy in Mudville: Big Book of Baseball Humor.

But don’t get me wrong–I cannot stand living in Clayton as I’d rather be in Fayette and I’m moving away as soon as I am able to.

9. Icarus says:

Just a couple of hours left folks.

Miss out on this and you’re next chance at random glory will be to enter the race for U.S. Senate as a democrat.

10. Icarus says:

Demonbeck’s in, which means the cool kids are now playing.

Rugby, Jace, Indy, Bill, Andre, Chris (rat bastard), Chris (hardcore non-rat-bastard), Decaturguy, Holly, Spacey, Erick: I’m calling y’all out.

2 hours left.

11. Icarus says:

Rugby is in. Cheers.

Just over an hour left for the rest of you slackers.

and for those of you that played in the fantasy league, I’m finally ready to trade Tom Brady.

12. Icarus says:

28 years is a long time, Rugby.

Especially when your head coach can’t wait until 4:15 rolls around so he can eat supper.

13. Bill Simon says:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

14. Icarus says:

The Tanalach Media folks are moving fast on this one. They are no longer content to give me a 1500 post head start.

15. Icarus says:

Standings going in to the final four:

1. John Konop
    2. Rugby Fan
    3. Driving Buddah
    4. South
    5. GSUWarriors2008
    6. ykymfer
    7. cefstration
    8. Buzz Brockway
    9. Demonbeck (who is still leading in team names, with “General Knowledge and His Privates”)
    10. carpeforem
    11. Jeffw124
    12. ed hula
    13. Doug Deal
    14. blue mcduff
    15. Icarus – FINALLY in last place, and here to stay.

16. Demonbeck says:

General Knowledge’s picks may have let him down, but his privates are always up to the task!

17. Icarus says:

And, we have congrats going out this morning to The Driving Buddah, with continued disdain for the Duke Blue Devils.

Buddah is now awarded the title of interim Congressman from CD10, until someone gets sworn in there.

Final standings are as follows:

1. Driving Buddah
    2. ykymfer
    3. South
    4. GSUWarriors2008
    5. John Konop
    6. Cefstration
    7. Rugby Fan
    8. Buzz Brockway
    9. Carpe Forem
    10. JeffW124
    11. Ed Hula
    12. Icarus (how did I get out of last place?)
    12. Demonbeck
    14. Doug Deal
    15. Blue McDuff

With that out of the way, UGA’s spring game over, and the Zoo that is the GA General Assembly done, it is now a long, slow, painful wait until kickoff in late August.

18. The Driving Buddha says:

I would like to thank several people as I accept the office of interim Congressman from the 10th Congressional District. First off, I must thank the voters of the 10th. I am sure that my residency in the 6th Congressional District will fade from memory as I serve the 10th proudly.

There are others that I would like to thank that were major players at the table. Kansas Jayhawk Mario Chalmers for making that clutch three-pointer with nine seconds left in regulation. Memphis Tiger Chris Douglas-Roberts for going one-for-four on three throws in the last sixteen seconds.

Both proving that for some reason – when someone is jumping up and down in front of you while both of you are running – that it is easier to put a ball in a basket at that time then those times when there is with no one in front of you and everyone is standing still.

Now, that March Madness is over, our thoughts can turn to unification amongst all of us who have been divided over 64… Nay, 65 teams over these past three weeks. Because, basically its five months till college football starts!

I would like to announce the date, time, and location of my inauguration. It will be at……………

————————————————————-
    Message Truncated Due to Length
    ————————————————————-

19. Icarus says:

The commissioner wasn’t thanked after installing you as a puppet Congressman.

Minus 100 points.

20. John Konop says:

YEAR 44 A. D.

The Conquest by Claudius1
    The conquest of Britain by the Romans in A.D. 44 and the immediately succeeding years is described in a number of contemporary accounts. The Greek historian Dio Cassius, though he lived more than a hundred years after the occurrences, had access to many records that are now lost, and he gives a specially full account of the early years of the conquest.