Spitzer Swallows, Takes Deal.

And Macon’s baseball team gets in on the fun.

By the way, I find there are few more detestable politicians in any political party roaming the North American continent than Elliot Spitzer. Tragically, he’ll probably get off easier than he deserves.

1. BubbaRich says:

Spitzer has done a lot of good, but he is also a massive hypocrite, and from the looks on her face a liar to his wife. His particular hypocrisy earned him whatever legal punishment he gets for this. I think there are a lot of politicians more detestable than him, though. His idiocy and hypocrisy has mostly hurt him and his wife (unless the $5000 hookers were slaves). Most politicians are out raping voters, and demanding they pretend they like it.

2. StevePerkins says:

Is it just me, or after McGreevey, Haggard, Craig, etc… isn’t there a bizarre sense of “wholesomeness” in a political scandal where a public figure actually cheated on his wife with a WOMAN? It feels like a nostalgic throwback to the good ol’ days.

3. LymanHall says:

Reminder: U.S. Senator David Vitter. Hadn’t heard his name during this whole thing! Since I can’t call up Wolf Blitzer and get it on cable, Ill just say it here. David Vitter. I look forward to his resignation, just like that of Gov. Spitzer.

4. Doug Deal says:

I think if you read the more liberal blogs, they are more upset that he paid $5,000 an hour than anything else. At least Craig was decent enough to jones for a freebie.

5. Bill Simon says:

$5000 per hour makes the whores in the practices of law and politics look like a bargain!

(no offense to any GOOD lawyers out there…or, I guess, good politicians as well…you should know who you are…)

6. John Ashcroft’s law firm is getting $750,000 per month retainer and $895 per billable legal hour to oversee the ethical reconstruction of an orthopedic mfg corporation that went a little astray in their free market tactics.

If he only works 40 hour weeks, that’s $5,582.50 per hour. Now who is the better hoe?

7. Goldwater Conservative says:

I still do understand how this became a big deal. He screwed around…this used to be common practice. Just thirty short years ago a gentleman could take his secretary or an intern down to the storage area at the capitol and get his jollies off. Then there was an opportunity for the GOP to smear the reputation of a popular Democratic President…and ruined the fun for everybody.