More Good Government from the New Georgia

Check out this report from Dale Russell of Fox5 Atlanta’s I-Team.  Seems that Gov. Perdue’s EPD Director, Carol Couch, overruled the EPD staff to give a developer permission to build over a stream near Lake Lanier.  And it wasn’t just any developer. It was Mike Evans, Chairman of the DOT.  While all this was going on, Chairman Evans was siding with Couch’s boss, Gov. Perdue, in yet another one of his fights — selection of the new DOT Commissioner.  Maybe Vance Smith should check into this report.

1. Roy says:

Whew! Thanks for the clarification Bobby. I was thinking the good ole boy mentality and corruptness of the Barnes-Taylor days were long gone; good to see their legacy continues.

2. aardfark says:

The real crime in this whole thing is that yet another Wal Mart will not be open to shovel Chinese crap at all hours of the day and night.

A true public servant would have made that happen. These losers are letting us down … again.

3. juliobarrios says:

I’ve always been amazed when self-righteous do-gooders make a statement like, “Our community doesn’t want a Wal-Mart!”

Wouldn’t the proposed Wal-Mart go out of business in a few months after the grand opening since nobody in the community wanted it and therefore didn’t shop there.

4. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Steve wasn’t it Yogi Berra who once said: “Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore, it’s too crowded.”

5. fishtail says:

I watched the video. Makes Mike Evans look like a thug. But I have a question…is Carol Couch a man or a woman? Can’t figure it out from the video.

6. Rick Day says:

Carol Couch apparently emerged from the same pod as Ann Coulter (shudder).

The down side of term limits; the final year of unaccountability.

:::shakes head::::

7. johnmartinforafreegeorgia says:

Hmmm… sounds like an awfully good deal. Think this is how Sonny got Mike Evans’ vote for Gina Abraham’s GDOT Commissioner post?

8. Goldwater Conservative says:

What is with this Barnes-Taylor administration thing? It is disgusting to have fallen for that. If you GOPers were so happy with the Perdue-Taylor administration, why hate on MT.

9. BubbaRich says:

julio:

I haven’t heard any people (except for some snobs) say they don’t want to SHOP at Wal-Mart, it’s the other end of the business they’re complaining about. Does WalMart still lock its employees in at night?

10. bird says:

Actually Bill–the elections in Atlanta are all non-partisan, so Atlanta is not technically controlled by Dems.

FYI, I love how “Roy” tries to excuse the behavior by pointing to other purportedly bad behavior. Nice! It must be OK!

11. rightofcenter says:

If the Army Corps of Engineers was involved, I can assure you that Mike Evans and Carol Couch weren’t the bad guys.

As is usually the case, these I-team investigations are all one-sided. Lots of insinuations without any proof. If there was any hanky-panky going on, do the Freedom of Information requests and find it. Otherwise, like the New York Times, you should shut up until you have something resembling proof.

12. georgiaethicsone says:

If Mike Evans is innocent of unethical and even potentaially illegal behavior then he should personally ask the Attorney General to investigate. Innocent men have nothing to hide and I for one would want to clear my name. Everyones waiting?