1. Jace Walden says:

Well, if we’re at war…

If any of you are interested in joining the 1st 515 Corridor Volunteer Militia Regiment, please let me know. We are now enlisting. If you have prior military experience, I’m pretty sure I can make you an officer.

Let me check with the other officers on that…

Okay, I just checked. Yeah, we can make you an officer.

2. TPSoCal says:

You know I never truested a skinny state like Tennessee. It’s about time someone put them in their place. Stupid Arkansas touchers!

3. dragonfire says:

This makes me question if “Wisdom, Justice, and Moderation” should be replaced with other more appropriate nouns.

4. griftdrift says:

I was just looking at some maps and made two discoveries.

There’s this weird little jog in the GA/NC line just northeast of Hiawassee. What the heck is that all about?

Second I think if we move the state line to the 35th we’ll nab that big tacky fireworks outlet just west of Chattanooga! WOOHOO! Sparklers for everybody!

5. StevePerkins says:

Granted, I still think it’s humiliating that our state government can’t find the political will to tell people not to fill their swimming pools during a Level 4 drought… much less put together a reasonable controlled growth or water plan. Nevertheless, the more I think it over, the more I think that Shafer’s constitutional argument might actually fly in court. Pretty shrewd either way… Shafer will probably be our next Lt. Gov. if it does (assuming Cagle moves up to the big chair).

6. ramblinwreck says:

Anyone wishing to enlist, provided you pass the background check, can come to Dade County and join the Lookout Dragoons Camp 707 of the SCV (Sons of Confederate Veterans). I’m sure we’ll be riding to the sound of the cannons when the conflict starts.

One of the questions asked of the Senator dealt with children from outside Georgia attending school here. As recently as 3 years ago there was no check in place to verify residency in Dade, or even Georgia, to attend Dade County Schools. When the stink got bad enough they started cracking down and attendance year over year dropped by around 10% when the school system barred out of state students from Alabama AND Tennessee. I’m not sure how strict the enforcement is any more but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of kids who have never lived in Georgia are attending college today on HOPE because they graduated from a Georgia school but lived in either Tennessee or Alabama.

7. Icarus says:

“I’m sure we’ll be riding to the sound of the cannons when the conflict starts. ”

But it’s Dade county. Which side will you be on?

8. ramblinwreck says:

We’re the “Independent State of Dade”, remember. We seceeded before the rest of the state (local legend has it) did and did not “officially” re-join until 1945. In this case we’re encouraged that we aren’t having to drag the legislature into making a decision as happened in 1861. So, I’d say we’ll join forces with Georgia on this one. The Senator from the 53rd, Jeff “Stonewall” Mullis, will be leading the charge. Sound the charge Senator.

9. IndyInjun says:

When the GOP took DC, they made war on a country full of oil.

When the GOP took over Atlanta, they made war on a state with ample water.

They would take over sewage plants, but they have no shortage of that.

10. TPSoCal says:

Hmmmm.

When the Dems controlled DC, they started a war that lasted over a decade (Vietnam) and a war that ended in a stalemate (Korea). Also, they made war on the social security surplus by replacing actual money with an IOU (LBJ). My point is not that dems are evil, my point is politicians make bad decisions, from BOTH parties.

When the Dems controlled Atlanta, they enforced segregation and fought integration with all the power they had.

11. Jace Walden says:

Shep,

Hey man, we gave them a very fair choice. 35. or Fight. It was a simple choice if you ask me. I guess Tennessee isn’t chock full of people who make sound decisions. Oh well, it’s time to strap on the .45, break out the boonie cap, and grow a mustache! We’re doing this!

The 1st 515 Corridor Volunteer Militia Regiment is up and running. Our first muster is Monday at the crack of noon at our secret location.