1. Donkey Kong says:

John,

At least Chris gave us some kind of recognition. I suppose I’ll unofficially, until the esteemed committee decides on it, give Chris 5 points. He now unofficially has negative infinity minus 496.

2. Icarus says:

I’ll allow the five points because I’m feeling charitable this morning.

But then I have to deduct 10 for the headline. Though I realize they are “just words”, they are strangely familiar.

3. rugby fan says:

We don’t want a commendation from a rat-bastard.

We want Erick Erickson to congratulate us. But we know he is a gutless pillow and dares not even recognize the thread in question.

4. shep1975 says:

Does Aardfark actually think that this thread is really about Huckabee? This thread is a farse and mean spirited attempt to distract those of us committed to the true record number of posts.

Bad Farris.

5. drjay says:

i find the presence of this thread hopelessly confusing–do these comments count for the other threads record??

why is there no poetry here?

please help…

6. rugby fan says:

drjay:

I am going to rule this thread in violation of both the letter and spirit of the other thread.

Any comments here do not count toward the thread that has set a new record for most comments.

Moreover, anyone who posts here shall have some punishment placed upon them. Said punishment is yet to be determined.

7. Jace Walden says:

Rugby,

For Erick to “congratulate” us on that thread would mean for Erick (and by proxy, Tanalach Media) to acknowledge that such a thread actually exists.

It is always the practice of those in power to ignore and marginalize those without it. Don’t expect recognition anytime soon. But continue to speak truth to power!

8. shep1975 says:

Then Ardfark, you are forgiven for this most egregious transgression (and the fact we’re blaming the whole thing on Farris anyway).

Next time we may not be so kind.

9. Donkey Kong says:

“A Farrisee’s work is never done.

This deserves being cast out of the Temple.”

Well said, Indy. Well said.

10. IndyInjun says:

“Indy thinks RB is more appropriate. ”

That was before I saw that our wonderful little club was characterized as “kookfight.”

11. rugby fan says:

Bain Capitol is the reason Paul Broun couldn’t get sworn in.

Anyone know if the White House is for sale?

Doesn’t seem like something the National Parks and Wildlife Service would do.

12. Doug Deal says:

Bill

Farris Bueller was loved by everyone but his sister and the assistant principal. Chris Farris is hated by everyone, including his sister and the assistant principal. There is a world of difference that makes that non “rat bastard” nickname inappropriate.

13. rat farris says:

I have no sister (I do now have a sister-in-law). And my assistant principal has hated by guts since I flipped him the bird and peeled out of the school parking lot my Senior year.

14. Doug Deal says:

Bill,

There is a hierarchy to these things. The TransAm is a bit upscale for the rat farris. For the uninitiated, lets review…

Redneck sports car hierarchy
    Camaro < Firebird < Firebird Trans AM < Corvette

Each has it’s own requirements for mullet length, style and fit of acid wash jeans, and choice of Redman chewing tobacco, whether it’s original, Golden Blend, Select, or Plug

Of course there is the “chick” line which consists of the following.

Redneck sports car hierarchy
    Female edition
    Mustang.

15. Chris says:

AD34 – Naevius Sutorius Macro is said to gain favour in the empire by prostituting his wife Eunius to Tiberius.