Former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) to speak at UGA

Former Republican Senator Rick Santorum will be speaking at the University of Georgia this Wednesday, February 20th, at 7 p.m. in the Tate Student Center Reception Hall. The title of Santorum’s speech is “The Gathering Storm of the 21st Century: America’s War against Islamic Fascism.”

The College Republicans tell me that pizza will be provided. Hmmmm…free pizza, Athens on a weeknight, Rick Santorum speaking….what’s not to like?

1. Jeff Emanuel says:

Did I mention “Athens on a weeknight“? Clearly some of you folks have never been to this paradise on earth for those who appreciate the fairer sex, or you’d understand 🙂

2. BubbaRich says:

Somebody needs to ask Senator Man-on-dog if he still thinks that the right to privacy “doesn’t exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution”. And if he’s embarrassed that his kids can’t google his name for a school report, at least not a school report on politics.

3. IndyInjun says:

Any of the fairer sex will be repelled by Santorum.

When he and J.D. Hayworth lost in 2006, I jumped up in cheered.

There has never been a more perfect example of arrogance in a politician, nor a more pathetic lackey of George W. Bush, the worst POTUS in history.

4. Jace Walden says:

Jeff,

You’re right. Athens on ANY night of the week certainly beats a night out anywhere else in the state. That’s why going to see a political event is the LAST thing I would want to do if I was over there.

5. Areo64 says:

Rick Santorum IS NOT relevant any more. Why doesn’t he understand this? He’s trying to latch onto the newest right-wing fearmonger buzzword of the week — “Islamofascism” (which is actually an insult to the human grammar capacity in many ways) — and try to keep himself on the up and up on the lecture circuit, raking in dollars reminding us how we have to continue burning alive Arabs with white phosphorous, because that’s been working so well over there.

What a smooth sack of…

6. Jace Walden says:

Jeff,

Santorum speaks at 7 pm, right? By that point, I will have forfeited the capacity to think and act for myself in any civilized manner for going on 3-4 hours.

Sorry. 😉

7. IndyInjun says:

Yeah, Santorum is a FINE one to go around giving talks…..maybe he and DeLay can form a tag-team.

I’ve gota more fitting title “The Gathering Storm of the 21st Century: America’s Flushing of the GOP”, brooght to you by a GOP Whip who set a modern day record margin of being whipped at the polls.

Bob Kerry had it right – Santorum means “arsehole” in Latin.

8. TPSoCal says:

I think it’s Bob Kerrey.

Maybe I was sick that day, but what exactly did Senator Santorum do to incite such a reaction. I liked him, a lot. I am unaware of anything that would make people hate him so much. Was it Terri Schaivo?

9. IndyInjun says:

Whatever it was, the folks of Pennsylvania had had quite enough of it.

A 60% to 41% blowout of one of the GOP leadership was probably one of the loudest thunderclaps of warning in the 2006 GOP wipe-out.

I cannot speak for them, but Santorum led the charge against GOP principles over 6 years in total lock step with the Bush Administration.

Some folks resent that kind of liar.

10. Bill Simon says:

Indy,

When Santorum repeatedly made the claims that all of civilization would fall if homosexuals were allowed to exist.

I think that got people pretty fed-up when they realized HE was the face of them. They tossed his stupid rear-end out as fast as they could.