The Tax List

Here is the list of things to be taxed, which even includes travel agencies and “other travel arrangements and reservation services.” So much for Georgia’s tourism industry.

But one of the ones that stands out to me is “credit card issuing.” What exactly is that?

Also “Internet publishing and broadcasting and web search portals” will be taxed. You guys go on and provide me your credit card information in the comments so I can, uh, begin to, um, “collect” sales taxes from you. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Random question completely unrelated to the paragraph directly above, Panasonic or Pioneer if I’m going plasma on my flat screen TV? I’m leaning toward Panasonic’s new 50″ 1080p.

1. rugby fan says:

Someone asked this many months ago and I stand by a good projection system.

I noticed as well that realtor’s offices would be taxed but saw no other mention of office space taxation.

2. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

I’m sure you have, Erick, but if not, have you checked out CNET for review and consumer ratings?

3. aardfark says:

The current issue of Consumer Reports has a great article about all sizes and models of TVs. It would be worthy reading before making that big of a purchase.

4. Erick says:

Consumer Reports says the Panasonic 50″ is the best TV they’ve ever tested.

And LCD’s don’t have great quality with SD-TV, which is still the majority on cable.

5. Jace Walden says:

Ok, we get it. You’re a rich conservative blogger. Got it. Let me guess, you’re going to put this TV on your yacht so the sail up to your house in the Hamptons will be more enjoyable while staying warm in your Lacoste clothing?

6. heroV says:

If you’re still watching SD programming, you’re a bloody savage. Even CNN and the Weather Channel are in HD nowadays.

7. shrike071 says:

This is supposed to be something that the citizens will support? Did anyone bother to mention that his proposal also calls for the reinstatement of the tax on groceries? Look it up – it’s true….

Regarding the TV – LCD is the only way to go. Sony XBR5.

8. Donkey Kong says:

That’s right, Bill, bitch and moan about Erick bitching and moaning about jobs going overseas while purchasing goods made overseas. All on your foreign made computer.

😉

9. Dave Bearse says:

The 6% increase in the price of new housing can be expected to similarly increase the value of existing housing, allowing another round of refinancing to tap mortgage equity and perhaps easing foreclosures, but it’s likely to put the construction industry in a tailspin.

10. Bill Simon says:

DK,

The DIFFERENCE is I don’t bitch and moan about jobs going overseas.

Besides, my computer was sold by a US company that employs US citizens to punch my order into their computer system. So, I am contributing to the economy, and not one of these hypocrites like Erick and….say…YOU. 🙂