Congrats Doug Deal

Douglas Samuel Deal was born at 8:14 AM on Feb 15th. Sam was 8lbs 15oz.

We’ll forgive Doug if he isn’t active in the comments today.

1. Jace Walden says:

After all the suggestions and help we gave him with naming the baby, he just basically tell us to “piss off” and names it after himself!!!

This will not go unnoticed, Doug. You should watch your back.

2. Icarus says:

“We’ll forgive Doug if he isn’t active in the comments today.”

Dude, that is so far down on the list of things we’re not going to forgive Doug for…

3. EAVDad says:

Congrats Doug. I do think his nickname as to be “The Real”: Douglas Samuel “The Real” Deal. Or maybe “Raw” or “I” (I-Deal….ideal..) I’m sure you’ve heard em all!

4. Jace Walden says:

That’s the point. Doug has “heard ’em all”. We’ve been taking time out of our very, very busy schedules lately helping Mr. Deal come up with a suitable name for his male offspring. (I was always a fan of “Jace Walden Deal”).

While we are happy that Doug has a son, we are troubled at the same time; because of Doug’s careless disregard for our more than suitable suggestions, his child will now grow up without a father.

Lock your doors at night, Doug.

5. Icarus says:

Chris Farris has somehow managed to move above Doug on the “people who should lock their doors at night” list.

He’s screwing with the dream. We don’t take kindly to people who do that.

6. Jace Walden says:

Not to mention a new house. Oh, and he’ll need to replace the arm that is about to wind up “missing”.

But I’ll tell you what he’ll have plenty of:

Used Gasoline and Used Matches.

7. Icarus says:

The problem that nay-sayers like that rat bastard Chris and Dr “badger song” Jay don’t understand, is that without the thread of dreams, our comments tend to stray onto these more visible threads.

Then poor new people come on here, like Christine, who just wanted to know why her bill hasn’t been overridden by the Senate, and she has to deal with the likes of us, and these comments that might appear random to someone who wanted to find out about politics.

Chris, time to make amends is drawing quickly to a close….

8. Chris says:

I apparently roused the rabble.

However I do think I’ve managed to cross off one of my life’s todos.

I’ll finally meet Icarus before I die. 🙂

9. Doug Deal says:

Thanks! Actually I have never heard such things. You know, like people asking “What’s your Deal, Doug?” Never heard it.

Or “D(r)oug Deal” … never heard that either.

10. Doug Deal says:

Hmmmm, Jace Walden Deal, that has a certain ring to it. Yes, that is an excellent name. In fact for 137 easy payments of $1,000 and a one time balloon payment of $40,000, that can be his name. We also offer partial, time limited naming rights for market rates.

11. Doug Deal says:

Icky, Jace, Rugby and the other members of the good-ole lynching mob. I am in the hospital, with extremely tight security, so I suggest that you satiate your blood lust on one Chris Farris.

After your frenzy subsides, I will leave my self imposed neo-natal exile. In the mean time, be mercilous, Farris deserves nothing less.

12. IndyInjun says:

Congratulations, Doug!!!!

And welcome to your new world, Sam. We will try to hold it together for ya a little bit longer…….Deal?

The no-UGA sign kind of hurt my feelings, though. HOWEVER, if you take after Dad, you will make up your own mind on that one and he ain’t gonna be able to change it.

Sanford Stadium 2028…..Sam is there and so is Doug.

Best wishes to all Deals.

“Grandpa” Indy.

13. Icarus says:

For that cap, I’m reporting you to DFACS.

If they’re on the ball as usual, they should be giving you a site visit sometime around his 19th birthday.

14. Doug Deal says:

Let’s see, I think 2-0. I was watching one game and they scored on the opening kickoff, and probably went on to win by 40, but I turned it off because I hate watching blowouts.

On the second game, they were pounding some Louisianna team in the first quarter, and I had better things to do than watch OSU stomp someone else. I guess they probably won by 30 in that game.

They would actually probably show up in time to get his grandchildren in trouble.