Sunday TV

If you’re a Sunday political talk show junkie, then careful that you don’t OD today. I’m settled in for the duration, awaiting The Two Georges Show (ABC). Can’t stand that smirky-faced Chris Wallace on Fox though.

Georgia Gang must have had their youngest viewer in a couple of decades; they started talking about let’s-legislate-the-drought (swimming pools) issues, and that got the attention of my kid right away. (Let’s just say woe to any politician who even THINKS about closing pools this summer.) My kid actually sat down and watched a good bit of today’s lively GG show alongside me, until heading back to the computer and her Webkinz with a parting, withering commentary of, “they have too many commericals because they’re old on that show.”

Maybe so, but even Phil Kent cracked-me up today with a funny made at the expense of Judge Hilton Fuller. Now where’s that New Yorker with the Toobin article and the alledgedly off-the-record quote that prompted the removal of Judge Fuller from the Brian Nichols trial? I know it’s around here somewhere. I only wish I had the time to be a good culture elitist.

1. Dave says:

Morning, Spacey! You crack me up with your continued hammering of the Georgia Gang. Personally, I like the show a lot, but your posts are entertaining.

2. SpaceyG says:

Oh dear…. TV was commandeered by kid, and now it’s Sponge Bob. Beats Chris Wallace though. Sorry I missed Ms. Tucker though. My political guru, of course.

Please provide some thoughts on Ms. Tucker’s appearance, Rugby. I’m always curious as to how she comes across to the unwashed masses.

3. Derrick says:

She said that if she sees anybody use a ID to vote on Tuesday she will douse herself with gasoline and set herself on fire.

4. Tea Party says:

Todays GA Gang episode concluded with uber-snark remarks about Rep. Jill Chambers (R) that were typically both venal and petty.

Rep. Chambers, a Dunwoody resident courageously helped ‘kill’ the costly, devisive and hugely UN-popular city of Dunwoody bill last week.

Snarkdick congratulated Rep. Chambers as the new Chair of the DeKalb Democratic Party and then went as far to say, Jill ‘used’ to be a Dunwoody resident.

Kudu’s to Rep. Chambers for her fiscally conservative vote, and having the ‘stones’ to make bad legislation go away.

The trice failed incorporation effort was not revenue neutral to DeKalb Countians or residents.

Even worse, the prime 100+ acre County owned Brook Run Park would be acquired by the new City at $100 per acre. Adjusted for inflation, that’s about how much was paid for Manhattan, a huge land swindle.

This enabling property transfer legislation gave cause for Rep. Larry O’Neal (Chair, Ways and Means) to ‘thumbs down’ the the attempt to take public property, for virtually nothing, for any new city anywhere in Georgia! Great job, sir!

Finally, Rep. Mark Hatfield (R-Waycross) joined Rep. Chambers in voting No to More Government. Not to be forgotten, kudus to Rep. Austin Scott (R-Tifton) for a two-year battle. He did a yeomans’ job, thank you sir!

A GOP Senate ‘tax bill’ was defeated, again, by GOP House members.

That’s really one for the Gipper!

Go Pats!

5. rugby fan says:

She is smart, articulate, I enjoy watching her, regardless of her ideology.

Nora O’Donnell on the other hand, is really only good for being on TV.

6. SpaceyG says:

Georgia Gang being venal and petty? I’m shocked, just shocked. They can’t even get snark down right. Jill Chambers didn’t deserve those snotty little comments from Williams. I know she’s worked hard to do the right thing, and being in DeKalb County, that must be a near-impossible task.

7. Bill Simon says:

“She is smart, articulate, I enjoy watching her, regardless of her ideology.”

You gotta be f*cking me if you think Cynthia Tucker is “smart”…that woman despises white boys like you. The only people she despises more is black people so much that she married a white boy.

8. GodHatesTrash says:

I agree with with you about Chris Wallace. He’s slime.

He does seems like he’d be great for interviews in the airport mens room though.