McCain, Obama hold leads in Georgia

There is another poll out today in Georgia:

Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Barack Obama of Illinois hold identical 6 percentage point leads in Georgia over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, according to a new McClatchy-MSNBC poll.

The poll, by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, found that McCain has a 33 percent to 27 percent edge over Romney in the Republican contest, with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee drawing 18 percent. In the Democratic race, the poll found Obama leading Clinton, 47 percent to 41 percent.

However, the poll, which has a margin of error of plus or minus five percent, also found that 17 percent of likely Georgia GOP voters are undecided, while 10 percent of likely Democratic voters in the state haven’t made up their minds.
[…]
In Georgia, Romney leads McCain 34 percent to 31 percent in the Atlanta metro area, but McCain is ahead 35 percent to 18 percent in the rest of the state. Huckabee draws 15 percent in greater Atlanta and 22 percent elsewhere.

I guess voters in rural areas of Georgia didn’t get the memo about McCain.

1. TO THE PEAKE SUPPORT TEAM

Hello everyone. I hope all of you have had a good start to the new year. Seems like January just flew by!

The first 10 days of our 40 day General Assembly are history, with several bills being passed in the House, including a comprehensive statewide water plan, a bill allowing consumers to freeze their credit to prevent identity theft, and a gun bill allowing registered firearms users more access to public places.

But the number one question I keep getting asked – WHO AM I SUPPORTING FOR PRESIDENT?

And let me tell you, it is a tough decision.

First, some background. From the get-go, I liked Mike Huckabee. He was the most consistent conservative in the race, but I just did not feel the country was ready to elect another governor from Arkansas. So I threw my endorsement behind Fred Thompson. By the time I had a chance to meet Thompson, I knew I had made a mistake. He just did not have the “IT” factor, but I had made a commitment to him, and so I honored that commitment. Now that he is out of the race, I have had a chance to meet Governor Huckabee, and have grown in my admiration for him. He is the real deal, and does have the intangible “IT” factor.

But political realities also come in to play. The fact of the matter is that it would take a miracle for Huckabee to win the nomination. But he clearly represents the evangelical, conservative base of the Republican party, I believe, better than either McCain or Romney.

Thus the dilemma. So I will tell you where I am, for what’s it worth. I am going to vote for and support Mike Huckabee. Even though he may not win the nomination, if he wins enough delegates, it will allow the consistent conservative voice of the party to heard and felt at the Republican Convention, where the Republican party platform will be determined. I believe that it will also push Huckabee as a viable Vice Presidential candidate, which will significantly help the ticket in November.

As for McCain vs Romney, I just can’t pull the trigger on either one just yet. I obviously will fully support whoever gets the nomination, but I don’t have a recommendation at this time. Still too many unanswered questions about each one to make a choice.

So, I hope I have not confused you even more. But that’s the great thing about our democratic system – every person makes up their own minds, and every vote counts.

And for those of you who would like to meet and hear Mike Huckabee, you will have that chance this Sunday, February 3, at 3 PM at 3rd Street Park, 3rd and Cherry Street Downtown Macon. Meet Governor Huckabee and then go watch the Super Bowl!

I appreciate so much all your prayers and encouragement. The pressures of serving in Atlanta seem to be even greater this year, so it means more than you can imagine to know you guys are behind me, so THANK YOU!

And let me hear from you. I need to reminded every day of what the pulse beat is back in Macon while I hang out in the fishbowl of the Capitol.

Have a great weekend!

Allen Peake
    State Representative, District 137

2. debbie0040 says:

Let’s hope Georgia emulates Maine. Both Maine’s Senators endorsed McCain as well…

Romney wins Maine caucuses By GLENN ADAMS, Associated Press Writer
    Sun Feb 3, 6:30 AM ET

AUGUSTA, Maine – Mitt Romney coasted to a win in presidential preference voting by Maine Republicans on Saturday, claiming his third victory in a caucus state and fourth overall.

The former Massachusetts governor had 52 percent of the vote with 68 percent of the towns holding caucuses reporting. John McCain trailed with 21 percent, Ron Paul was third with 19 percent, and Mike Huckabee had 6 percent. Undecided votes accounted for 2 percent.

The nonbinding votes, the first step toward electing 18 Maine delegates to the Republican National Convention, took place in public schools, Grange halls, fire stations and town halls across the state.

The Associated Press uses presidential preferences expressed in those caucuses to project the number of national convention delegates each candidate will have when they are chosen at Maine’s state convention, calculating that Romney will wind up with all 18 delegates when all is said and done.

Campaigning in Minnesota, Romney noted that his victory in Maine came despite McCain’s endorsement by the state’s two U.S. senators

3. debbie0040 says:

I just heard a reporter on WSB call Mike Huckabee John Huckabee.

Immigration Battle Divides Ariz. GOP
    Many Activists Despise McCain

By Joel Achenbach
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, February 2, 2008; A01

The party is controlled at the district level by activists who detest McCain for his sponsorship, with Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), of a comprehensive immigration bill that among other things would have provided illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship. They think McCain is a traitor to conservative causes and an advocate for amnesty for illegal immigrants.

“We do not consider him a conservative at all,” says Rob Haney, a Republican Party chairman in McCain’s home district. The candidate’s bus, the Straight Talk Express, should be renamed, Haney says: “We call it the Forked Tongue Express around here. He’ll lie about anything.”

Said John Acer, a lawyer who, like Haney, showed up last weekend at a meeting of the Republican state committee in Glendale: “He’s despicable. Dishonest. Duplicitous.” And so it goes, on and on, all these Republicans who wince at the mention of McCain’s name, and who can think of few things worse than having the state’s senior Republican senator ascend to the White House.

4. waterboy says:

Huckabee is a good guy, but so is my father. Neither is ready to be President of the US. A vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain – and that is unfortunate.

Conservatives should support the true conservative candidate, Mitt Romney. If Mitt is not the nominee in November, then I will vote for the second best choice….I’ll write in a vote for my dad.

5. debbie0040 says:

Man, the emails keep coming about Saxby’s and Johnny’s endorsement of McCain.

One said they must be more liberal than previously thought to endorse McCain.

I don’t think Saxby realizes what he just did to his campaign…

6. debbie0040 says:

If McCain wins, then the pro illegal immigration lobby will be emboldened …The GOP will have nominated a candidate that supports amnesty ..
    What kind of signal does that send?

7. jeffgator says:

Its show time fellow conservatives. GA voters have a real choice come Tuesday. The MSM narrative is that we need to pick up the ball and clear the field to make way for John McCain.

I for one disagree. There is still time on the clock and plenty of plays to run.

Mike Huckabee is a nice and personable guy, but the fact is that his national support has tanked and his Southern support is on life support. His continued assertion that he’s in this race to win it doesn’t recognize the political realities of his position in the race.

I strongly urge conservatives across the state to seriously consider which course is the best for our party, and who among the remaining viable candidates best represents those values and is able to champion the conservative cause best against the DEMs in the general election.

For me, the choice is clear. I will vote for Mitt Romney and campaign vigorously now through Tuesday to encourage as many strong conservative backers of Huckabee to coalesce around Mitt Romney as an attempt to stop McCain’s march to the nomination.

This should not be considered as a slight against Huckabee by any streatch, just recognition of the political realities and the need for conservatives to combine and stop McCain from splitting the conservative vote and winning by default – essentially, the weakest candidate gets the nod is not acceptable to me.

8. jeffgator says:

Allen Peake – I appreciate your comment and your reasonings. I do, however, disagree with your conclusion and here’s why.

One of your arguments for continued support of Huckabee is that should Huckabee perform well, he will be able to help influence the platform. In my opinion, this is a concession to the McCain side of the party. Coalescing around the best viable remaining conservative – Mitt Romney – will send an even more powerful conservative message for influence on the platform than will a deeply wounded Huckabee cobbling together a little bit of say at the convention.

Like you, I’ve had the fine pleasure of meeting Mike Huckabee. What a charming and personable individual. He has a lot going for him no doubt. But let’s be clear. Right now Mike Huckabee is running for Vice President. I konw that might be some straight talk, but that is the reality of where we are and the effect of his continued presence in the race.

Fortunately, you can only cast one vote on Tuesday, as can I.

9. IndyInjun says:

“Its show time fellow conservatives. GA voters have a real choice come Tuesday. ”

Yes, it is truly a blessing that Ron Paul is still in the race. He is the only conservative left.

10. souldrift says:

“Romney leads McCain 34 percent to 31 percent in the Atlanta metro area, but McCain is ahead 35 percent to 18 percent in the rest of the state.”

So wait, rural Georgia is now less conservative than Metro Atlanta?

What in the sam hill has happened to this place? Maybe I’m not done relocating..

11. GOPeach says:

Okay let’s talk TURKEY!

WHO WANTS THE IRS?

Okay… HUCKABEE is the ONLY SHOT at FAIR TAX!…. The Romney people are too far gone to reason with now… The have PRIDE that sticks to high heaven … or some planet where dead Mormons are ruling as kings and having babies.

Ron Paul is NOT going to win and he is pulling votes away from THE ONE who has a shot at this thing….. PLEASE be RATIONAL…. PLEASE!!!

To VOTE for McCain, Romney, or Paul is a VOTE against FAIR TAX and a vote for THE IRS!

12. intheknow says:

Still not too sure how you can make the argument that Isakson and Chambliss have lost their conservative compass.

They are political realists. Let’s face it, the only person who can beat an Obama or a Clinton is McCain. Why not work to ensure that guy gets the nomination?

Isakson and Chambliss are NOT pro amnesty. Call their offices and ask about their voting record, like I did. I spent an hour on the phone one day with the Isakson immigration staff guy in DC. He went through every vote. I came away convinced Isakson was the real deal when it came to immigration. Call him yourself and ask: 202-224-3643. In fact, if not for Isakson and Chambliss consistently talking about a border security first approach, McCain would never have come around to their way of thinking.

Isakson is considered such a fiscal hawk, that the Senate Repubicans asked him to be on a committee with Tom Coburn to figure out earmark reform.

Chambliss has long been a fiscal conservative. He has a proven record on that front. He is a staunch defender of conservative principles on the Republican Steering Committee in the Senate, chaired by Jim Demint.

So when idiots make baseless allegations like the ones in the post linked below, and on this thread, I have to laugh over how heir lunacy is showing through: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/politicalinsider/entries/2008/02/02/isakson_chambliss_endorse_mcca.html#comment-19228802

People, look at the records! They don’t lie. Votes don’t lie. They are solid consistent conservative votes. So everyone take a breath and relax.

13. GOPeach says:

Rugby’s blog “The Dim Shore” is like so dead…

14. GOPeach says:

In the Know (NOT)…

George W. Bush ran his 2nd campaign on FEAR… that TREND is OVER…. too bad you do not KNOW THAT!!!

MCCAIN will GET CREAMED by the DEMS!! Hillary appeals to DOMESTIC issues….I will VOTE for HILLARY before I will McCain. He is so COLD…

Got a robo call from him yesterday…. Pleeeeeeeze.

You know… come to think of it — MEN crash air planes into buildings… MEN start wars… Maybe we need a woman in charge for a change… It sure couldn’t hurt.

MCCAIN is another word for HILLARY.

15. rugby fan says:

“Rugby’s blog ‘The Dim Shore’ is like so dead…”

Oh I don’t have any pretensions that is A) active, B ) read, C) good. In fact I wonder why I don’t just delete it.

“He spends his every waking moment making pansy ass comments about me. He and Romegay clearing do not like women.”

First, you have earned it. Second, you couldn’t be more wrong.

I still like “GOPeach Soon to be Wrong Again” as a headline.

16. Brian Laurens says:

Good thing that 65% of the Republican vote is in the metro, eh?

17. Groseclose says:

Talking about the agricultural base supporting McCain . . . ironically, McCain vehemently rejects the idea of agricultural subsidies. So, I don’t think it is as much support for McCain as anti-Romney/anti-Mormon (unfortunately) sentiment.

18. Macon’s Rally for Huckabee was a definitive kick butt rally. I’ll post some video on YouTube and photos on my site shortly. I’m not going to get into a numbers contest with the Telegraph, but they obviously didn’t study too well in math class.

Huckabee was forceful and the crowd thoroughly excited. Enthusiasm was the word.

Even some Ron Paul protesters showed up. I invited folks from every campaign and suggested they bring their propaganda. The only requirement was to have a good time and be respectful, everyone was.

19. intheknow says:

Peach, you’re not making any sense.

I was talking about Isakson and Chambliss’ conservative record. You went on a rant about Men starting wars, and Bush running on fear. I think you may have been confused again in your posts. And if you’d vote for Hillary befor McCain, well then maybe we should question your conservativr credentials.

Who cares if McCain is “cold”? He can’t be any colder then Hillary…

20. IndyInjun says:

ITK,

Methinks our heart-to-heart a couple of years ago might have done ole Johnny some good. He certainly is a very personable fellow.

HOWEVER, he is Johnny-come-lately to fiscal conservatism, having made a whole progression of utterly disastrous votes while in the House his terms and for the first 3 years of his Senate term.

He set fiscal conservatism back decades with these votes, which ushered new socail spending programs that the Dems never dreamed of in 40 years of control.

It can be accurately stated that not even the crazy woman Cynthia McKinney could possibly done this much damage. Nor has her rotten party ever TRIED!!!!!!!

YOU may make excuses for the GOP impostors, but I won’t.

As for Chamblis, he is about as conservative as a San Fran tranny wearing hot pink tights.

21. IndyInjun says:

ITK,

YOU may make excuses for the GOP impostors, but I won’t.

As for Chambliss, he is about as conservative as a San Fran tranny wearing hot pink tights.

22. GOPeach says:

Maurice-

That sounds great –

I made a call to friend today who was at Woodstock First Baptist. She said Gov. Huckabee was just wonderful. The people loved him and when she left with her youngest son, she said an airplane was flying above while thousands of people left with a HUCKABEE for PRESIDENT sign. It was a pretty day and there will be a surprise on Tuesday.

HUCKABEE is NOT dropping out!

23. waterboy says:

Billy –

I’m not against Huckabee. As for my father – he ain’t runnin. Plus, he’s voting with me in support of Romney. Thanks for asking.

Huckster comments today in Macon are anti-Romney. I guess he has forgotten that McCain is ahead of him as well. A vote for Huck is a vote for McCain, pure and simple. Mikey seems to enjoy his role as a potential spoiler.

24. IndyInjun says:

Waterboy,

Huck wants to be the executive branch waterboy – Veep – and he smells the winner in McCain.

25. Donkey Kong says:

“Huckabee is a good guy, but so is my father. Neither is ready to be President of the US.”

Waterboy — LOL.

26. Romegaguy says:

Is he stealing socks to finance his losing campaign that has no money? I was unaware of an underground sock economy

27. YUP,,,, I’m telling you, you’ve got to hear this man, not the soundbytes. This is what America needs.

I was talking with one of the reporters afterward. He thought it turned out great and was a good boost for Macon. One thing he said, that I had to chuckle at, was that “politics makes children out of grown men.” I couldn’t argue with that. I hadn’t yelled whooped that much since my basketball days in high school. That was 30 years ago… Darn I’m old.

28. intheknow says:

Indy: there you go again, but since you brought up Isakson:

How is he a “GOP impostor”? The voting record on immigration that shows him to be a border security first, anti amenesty Senator does not lie. The fact that Isakson is considered such a hawk on earmarks that his party picked him and Tom Coburn to figure out how to get rid of earmarks doesn’t lie. The fact that Isakson was rated as the 7th most conservative Senator by the non partisan National Journal (with a conservative rating over 90 when most of the caucus averages between 50 and 70) doesn’t lie. These are all facts, and facts are funny things because they are irrefutable.

But why let the facts get in the way of your argument.

29. GOPeach says:

Waterboy- You are full of it – completely. Mitt is a dad gum mealy mouth cry baby! So are you.

Maurice – I know! I have been barefooted since someone we all know and love talked me into voting for the Honorable Gov. Mike Huckabee! I lost my socks when I saw him playing the bass on YOUTUBE! I figure anyone who can work his left brain as an executive and his right brain as a musician has a GOOD MIND to LEAD.

Romegay – Leave Maurice’s feet alone! Dang – what’s wrong with you??????!!!!!

30. GOPeach says:

Wooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!!!!
    I am FEELING GOOOOOOOOOOOD about TUESDAY…. My e-mail box is jammed ….
    HUCKABEE is in this THANG YA’LL!

Hey – want to hear the clincher – My black democrat in-laws are going with HUCKABEE because THEY KNOW he is a Republican with a heart!!!! He feels what normal folks feel…

31. GOPeach says:

For those of you who may be curious as to why Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Laura Ingram and Glenn Beck are so strongly against Governor Mike Huckabee and so pro Mitt Romney, here is a little information you may find interesting to know.

Mitt Romney owns the Bain Corporation, which owns Clear Channel Communications. You may now be asking why that is so shocking. Well, that by itself isn’t; however, when you add in the fact that Sean, Fox News, Rush, Laura and Glenn all have large contracts with Clear Channel Communications, it all becomes clear. Mitt Romney is in effect, their boss/owner. Because of that, they will go to any lengths and say whatever it takes, including falsifying polls, to get Mitt Romney elected. If you like, I’m sure you can verify all this for yourself by doing a short internet search.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know so while you are listening to any of these folks on the radio and/or TV and they want to either bash or ignore Governor Huckabee, you will know why. Please do not let the media tell you who you should vote for. Find out all you can about each of the candidates and make up your on mind.

32. GOPeach says:

MACON, GA. — Mike Huckabee unleashed his harshest criticism to date of Mitt Romney today, calling him “arrogant and presumptuous” to think that he’s taking votes away from Romney.

“How presumptuous and arrogant must a man be to assume that if I did drop out of the race that the people who voted for me would vote for him?” Huckabee asked at a rally in Macon.

“I’m going to tell u something, there is one of us who grew up in the South like you. One of us who understands how to cook grits, and fry catfish, and who didn’t have to be taught which end of a rifle to point, when you point at a white tail deer,” Huckabee said in one of the few Super Tuesday states where he’s running second in the polls. “We got candidate who says he’s a lifelong hunter but never had a hunting license – we call that a poacher where I come from.”

“And I want to say something to Mitt Romney: Mitt the people that support me support me because they know where I stand on the issue of human life, they don’t know where you stand,” he said, referring to Romney’s recent conversion to a public anti-abortion rights stance.

“People who support me know that I support the Second Amendment and, in fact, was the first sitting governor in America to have a concealed carry permit, as was my wife. And I’m not confused about the fact that the Second Amendment is not about hunting it’s about freedom, it’s about protecting ourselves, our families and our property and nobody has the right to infringe upon that. People are supporting me because they know that I am not confused about the meaning of marriage and they know that I am not confused about whether or not the future of this country ought to belong to hard working people who drive truck and who lift heavy things and who get their hands dirty everyday and if our country doesn’t work for folks like that it doesn’t work anybody.”

“Mr. Romney has spent about $100 million [$87.6 million, actually] to have basically the same number of delegates as I have and I’ve spent about $7 million. You know with the business background he has, you’d think by this point with his Harvard-educated MBA, he’d come to the conclusion that he’s not selling his soap very well if it takes that kind of money to have no more market share than I’ve got for about a fifteenth of the expenditure. So I’ve got a suggestion, Mr. Romney, rather than Mitt drop out, why don’t you give it up and go back to Boston!”

“I want to make real sure that he understands something. This old Arkansas boy is not for sale. He doesn’t have enough money to buy me. I’m not some troubled company that he can buy, sell off the assets and send us home. There’s a whole lot of people like me in this country who are tired of people waving their checkbooks at us and making us think they own us and they can buys us. Well you can’t buy us, you can’t even rent us. We’re not for sale. We’re going to the polls Tuesday and we’re going to show America this country is about ordinary people who believe in the extraordinary power of the American dream and we’re going to prove it at the ballot box Tuesday.”

33. He also said that “Mr. Romney has spent about a $100 million to have basically the same number of delegates as I have, and I’ve spent about 7 million. You know, with the business background he has, you’d think by this point, with his Harvard-educated MBA, he’d come to the conclusion that he’s not selling his soap very well, if it takes that kind of money to have no more market share than I’ve got for about a fifteenth of the expenditure. So, I’ve got a suggestion, Mr. Romney, rather than me drop out, why don’t you give it up, and go back to Boston!”

Amen

34. Here’s a man who didn’t hit political puberty in the conservative ranks until 60 years old,” Huckabee said at one point. He added: “You can’t just have a change of opinion on fundamental issues over and over and wait until you’re running for president to do it.”

35. eschristian says:

Just because someone calls themself a true conservative or a real conservative does not make that person the most conservative regardless of what Rush or Hannity or Coulter says.

This is one area where I agree with Mitt Romney – facts are a pesky thing.

Let’s just look at how the candidates have controlled spending during the primaries/caucuses:

Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul
    (above I believe ran this conservatively as they only spent money they had – they did not borrow from others or themselves).
    John McCain (still more conservative than Mitt) and Mitt Romney – McCain borrowed some money but not to the extent of Romney – I think I last heard 50 million of his own money – how the candidates spend money now is going to show us how they will spend in Washington – yes Romney I do believe Washington is broken but are you going to pull out your checkbook there and poor in another 50 million there too – no I don’t think so – that will be tax payers money you will be spending like you are spending your own money now.

36. debbie0040 says:

Peach, that is a load of crap as to why they oppose the Huckster.

Neal Boortz also broadcast on the same radio station as Sean Hannity and Neal likes Mike. Come up with some other lame excuse. Why does Sowell, Noonan, Will, Coulter, Phllis Shafley all not like the Huckster?

debbie0040 // Feb 4, 2008 at 5:47 am

Hey, Peach I thought you said Herman Cain was for Huckabee..

WHY I’M VOTING FOR …

Romney has the leadership qualities United States needs

By HERMAN CAIN

Published on: 02/03/08

The dynamics of political party connections, the political process itself and public perceptions have once again yielded the top two contenders of each major party in the 2008 presidential race. And once again, the public can only hope that the ultimate winner of the White House will be a candidate with the most leadership substance.

My vote is for Mitt Romney.

37. John Konop says:

Intheknow

How can you SAY “Chambliss has long been a fiscal conservative”?

He voted for the Highway bill with bridges to nowhere, Pork filled energy bill, Lobbyist feed No Child Left Behind, Drug Prescription bill with no money to pay for it………

The result was the largest expansion of government and 9 trillion in debt and climbing!

Please help me understand how any rational person could call Saxby a fiscal conservative!

38. GOPeach says:

THIS IS MITT FLOP !!!!

39. joltenjoe says:

Huckabee likes NCLB

According to another post Huckabee wants to expand FEMA and give them their own Dept.

Huckabee wants a nation wide smoking bad.

A conservative? No, don’t think so.

With that said I won’t be voting for Mitt or Mccain either, but I shall be voting.

40. GOPeach says:

Mitt Flop is a goober who came into political puberty at the age of 60! He is spreading lies…
    Big Fat Venture Capitalist Lies … that a vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain because Huckabee wants to be the Vice President —
    THAT IS NOT TRUE…

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE IS A VOTE FOR HUCKABEE!

41. GOPeach says:

another LIE from Mitt Flopp RoMONEY … He has spent 83 million dollars to pick up the same amount of delegates as Huckabee … Huckabee has spent 7 million…

Mitt Romney will say ANYTHING NOW TO GET ELECTED … He is being haunted by the Ghost of Joseph Smith. What a flake!

He has outspent everyone!!!!! He is scarry.

42. Doug Deal says:

GOPeach said:

…a vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain…

I would like to echo GOPeach in saying that a vote for Mike Huckabee is a vote for John McCain.

43. eschristian says:

I was just listening to Herman Cain (for the last time as he slapped those who believe in the Fair Tax in the face by supporting Romney).

Romney just got caught in yet another flip flop again that Herman Cain who has endorsed him could not even explain away:

He told Herman Cain he would be open to learn more about the Fair Tax.

He told a caller at a rally that the Fair Tax should be phased in over time but not right now.

His economic advisor answered the question for him during a recent interview and told a reporter Mr Romney’s stance on the Fair Tax:

Jagow: What about a more radical approach, something along the lines of the Fair Tax that Governor Huckabee has suggested?

Hubbard: Well, national sales taxes of the level that would be required to fund the federal government are virtually impossible. You know, were you to want a national consumption tax, which has great merit, it would be implemented more on the business side. So it’s possible to design a consumption tax that is fair and is more efficient, but that would not be a so-called fair tax. (Friday, February 1, 2008 interview)

Perhaps Herman Cain should have checked this before going against what he says he believes so strongly for (the Fair Tax) or either his true feelings have just come to light.

I am personally done with Herman Cain as I believe loyalty is a quality that is very important to me. You can’t be for the Fair Tax and then do what you can to get a person elected that will not support it and never will or will he or won’t he or will he or won’t he – flip floppin fool.

I can respect someone whose opinion differs from mine but be honest about it – don’t act one way one day and then another the next – I am sick to death of FLIP FLOPPIN FOOLS !!!

They should sit down and soul search and figure out exactly what they believe in then let the world know – don’t just change their views every 5 minutes to suit the situation – that is so weak and so stupid – it no longer matters to me – I am done with flip floppers !!!

44. eschristian says:

Oh yeah by the way –

A vote for Mike Huckabee is a vote for Mike Huckabee and the Fair Tax and all he believes in

I would not vote for McCain or Romney if Huckabee was not in there – so get over yourself if you think you would have my vote if Huckabee was not in this race as I don’t feel Romney or McCain is a conservative then you are truly mistaken – I feel they are just another pair of flip flops !!!

So get over yourself – Huckabee supporters did after Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney took away votes from Huckabee when they had no chance to win in S.C. – or do you remember that ?