More on Saxby’s endorsement

Here is the e-mail that went to Saxby Chambliss’ steering committee about the McCain endorsement.

Dear Steering Committee,

I want you to know that today I am endorsing Senator John McCain as our Republican nominee for President of the United States. He is a man of integrity who understands that the world is a dangerous place and he will continue to make certain that those around the world who seek to do our nation, our families, and fellow citizens harm will not prevail.

He is a man of commitment who knew that we needed improved support for our troops in Iraq last year and called for the surge strategy when it was not a popular thing to do. The courage of our troops and our military leaders in the field has succeeded this year in stabilizing the military effort. I was proud to support President Bush and Senator McCain in this effort to provide the way
forward for this strategy in Congress.

He will make the tax cuts, soon to expire, permanent. He will bring needed fiscal discipline to our economic policies. He will bring federal spending under control as he has fought the earmark process for years. He will protect the sanctity of human life.

When we were debating the immigration bill last year, I traveled all over Georgia to listen to your concerns and I took those concerns back to Washington. John McCain heard me. He knows and understands that Georgians want the borders of this country secured first and foremost.

John McCain will win in November. We must continue to have a President who will be Commander in Chief, who understands the dangers around us, who knows what needs to be done to get our economy growing again, and who can and will defeat the Democrat nominee.

Every election is important, from the court house to the White House. However, throughout our history, when our nation has been threatened from around the world or when our economy needed the appropriate incentives and discipline, brave and wise leaders came forward to secure our freedoms for us and for our children and grandchildren. John McCain is that leader.

I admire and respect John McCain and his lovely wife, Cindy. I look forward to helping him campaign to earn your respect and your vote. And I look forward to saluting him as our next Commander in Chief and President of the United States.

1. souldrift says:

“I look forward to helping him campaign to earn your respect and your vote. ”

No politician of any Party earns respect or votes by campaigning. None.

Slip, or fundamental misunderstanding?

2. GOPeach says:

Saxby and Johnny lied!

They are lower than a whale’s belly.

Shame on them both.

They have made far more enemies tonight than friends…. this will haunt them.

3. GOPeach says:

US Senators live in a little bubble of 100 people. They have not real connection with the outside world. I think it is time to burst that bubble.

4. rugby fan says:

Sonny lied.

Have we forgotten that too?

The interesting thing is GOPeach going on about Saxby and Johnny lying will make as much difference as the flaggers’s drivel.

5. Herb Whitson says:

Saxby is a dog and up for re-election this year. I dedicate myself to the cause of ensuring that he will no longer have a voice in direction of my life or that of my grandsons.

He has shown again, just as he considered the amnesty plan for illegal immigrants, that he does not care about his constituents, and all is based on his personal gain.

I am dedicated to the “Saxby is Dead” campaign! I hope you will all join me. I believe that Herman Cain “Dean of Common Sense” needs to rise up once again. He has my vote, monies, and time!

6. Romegaguy says:

I got the same email except mine had a paragraph that said he wasnt going to endorse anyone until some crazy woman kept calling his office screaming about Bain and threatening him if he made an endorsement so he decided what the phucakbee, let’s endorse someone…

7. debbie0040 says:

Roem, I heard what drove Saxby over the edge to McCain was the obsession of some crazy woman of Buzz in gym shorts and Romney’s magical Mormon underwear..

8. indga says:

I hope Saxby was smart enough to get some commitments from McCain. McCain has been the biggest thorn in Saxby’s side for years on C130 and F22 funding.

9. americanfirst21 says:

McCain is nothing more than a wolf in sheeps clothing, he’s nowhere close to being a conservative. A look at his voting record finds he usually votes with Democrats. It’s time to look at Caldwell or find a suitable conservative for the seat.

10. Icarus says:

“It’s time to look at Caldwell ”

Just look up. He’s probably clinging to the top of a tall structure somewhere.

11. IndyInjun says:

“When the pundits and critics warned him that his support for the surge could hurt his chances to be President, he said that protecting America was far more important than his being President. This is the leadership we need for our nation.”

No, we need leadership that judges the reasons for war to be valid – every one stated WAS – and makes danged sure that the war is conducted against the country that met them, in this case Pakistan.

As it stands, America has squandered $trillions, 1000’s of lives, tens of thousands of maimed troops, and loss of world position in a war for the right reasons against the wrong enemy.

Strategic errors of this magnitude have rarely met with forgiveness in world history and more often mean the death of the powers who committed them.