Early voting begins for Ga. primary

Get to your local Board of Elections and cast your vote for one of the spectacularly craptastic candidates on either side.

My aunt, a good Democrat, said she held her nose and voted for Edwards. She couldn’t tolerate voting for the Clintons and thought Obama lacked any substance.

I myself will be voting for Fred Dalton Thompson.

1. Don’t tease us bro. The new Bibb BOE interface looks good but i still can’t find a link listing who the BOE Board Members are. Can you list them and the seven deadly sins without going to wikipedia?

2. Doug Deal says:

Vic,

I don’t watch television, unless forced. I was with my wife, and just noticed the truck, and come to think of it, it was the fox station.

In any event, the camera guy was also talking to some concerned elderly couple who thought he was recording their vote. It would seem that a camera inside a polling place (even if it is the BOE) would be against some Federal voter’s right law.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if they plastered every one of my votes on a bulletin board.

3. rugby fan says:

Anyone know if Peach has voted yet? Or who founded Bain Capital? I’ve often wondered if there were some insight into the “real” Mitt Romney, care to fill me in? Oh, and I’m also a little blurry on Mormon theology, can anyone shed some light? Then there is always Erick and Paul Broun…

4. GAWire says:

rugby,

Just curious, why are you asking about Bain? I’m just curious where you’re coming from on that. Perhaps I missed sarcasm somewhere.

5. drjay says:

don’t know what it may mean or who it may help–but i early voted at lunch today and business was surpringly brisk at the chatham co boe-around 1:30 pm-i did not expect a wait and actually had about a 10 minute one

6. rugby fan says:

GAWire:

There was a period of about one day where GOPeach copied and pasted into every thread info about Bain Capital in an attempt to discredit Mitt.

drjay:

Glad you voted. Me? I’m not really into the whole politics thing. Probably won’t vote.

7. ConservativeCaucus says:

One must really appreciate the political courage that it takes for the National Right to Life to issue this statement regarding the Presidential race. Just when we were concerned that our party and our political institutions lacked the fortitude and moral clarity necessary to lead our country back to greatness, the NRLC puts this statement out to ease our concerns:

8. IndyInjun says:

HA!

As predicted to Erick in the midst of his orgy or ridiculing Ron Paul, the good doctor is still in the race. FRED! is not.

Ron Paul will be around a lot longer than the GOP will like.

Soon Giuliani won’t be around to cackle like a hyena at what Dr. Paul says and from the looks of the teetering financial structure, most Americans won’t be making fun much longer either.

Pain, physical or financial, seems to snap folks out of their dreams and may even drive the sheer madness out of the GOP.

Don’t count on the dullard McCain – he does not even know what the Working Group on Financial Markets is or who is on it.

GOP – You’re doing a hell of a job.

9. drjay says:

“*Note- Votes cast for a candidate that has withdrawn from the Georgia Presidential Preference Primary will not be counted”

if my rudimentary reading of this line from the SOS press release about early voting is correct–you literally may as well not vote if you seriously plan to vote thompson–i assume this means those votes will not be counted…

10. logical-thinker says:

Ron Paul will be a household name before this is over and hopefully people will wake up and start thinking for themselves instead of being led around by the media.
    Won’t that be interesting!

11. ConservativeCaucus says:

Although I don’t believe Paul to be the right man for our nation, the GOP ignores him and the principles he believes in at their own peril.

He is a good and constant reminder of the principles of less government regulation and intervention – I welcome his contribution to the debate.

12. GAWire says:

I’m still a little confused as to why Mitt’s background with Bain Capital would be a negative against him. That’s one of the main reasons I like him so much.

13. rugby fan says:

GAWire:

I believe there have been reports that the White House is for sale, which frightens GOPeach and she has made great pains telling us that the White House is off the market (I guess real estate agent is another one of Peach’s many careers).

Perhaps, Mitt Romney has plans to develop the National Mall?