99X out

Kind of sad. I always listened to 99x. That’s the type of music I like.

They are gone today. Sad. Oh well, life goes on. DAVE-FM is on my dial now. If only I could get it better down in Macon.

Of course, the writing was on the wall the moment Jimmy Baron’s voice was gone.

1. SpaceyG says:

Yeah, it is sad. Leslie Fram did a lot for the local community in terms of charity work and fundraisers. Plus, she’s just a really nice, unpretentious person. I hope she sticks around the ATL as she was/is a cheerful, hardworking, capable asset to this town.

2. liberator says:

Will miss em. Enjoyed them at Music Midtown and Axel at the Defunct American Pie on Sundays. Also miss Crash Clark.

3. Holly says:

I liked the fact that the DJs bought out the station and played what they wanted. And the Giant New Music Giraffe and Giant New Music Turtle commercials were so random that I had to smile each time they came on the air.

4. Holly says:

Randomly, for the 99X folks, I did find a great alternative over the radio out of LA. Indie 103.1 can be heard over iTunes, and the best is the noon – 3 show hosted by Steve Jones (yeah, the Sex Pistol). He plays all kinds of stuff, from Sinatra to the Whigs. Good stuff.

5. Holly says:

Welcome! I really enjoy the Indie 103.1 format. I’ve never really listened to 96.1. Is this a recommendation for me?

6. Bill Simon says:

96.1 used to be hard rock, but a couple of years ago, they became 99X biggest competition in the alternative realm. Now they play alternative and some hard rock, I think.

7. Chris says:

I really liked their Sunday morning program. It played all sorts of lighter alternative.

99X has been my radio station since moving here in ’93. The last vestige of my Ga Tech days are gone.

I heard a nice tribute to 99X & Leslie Fram on DaveFM driving today. It was actually more class than I would have expected from Clear Channel.

8. Donkey Kong says:

Very sad!!!! I loved 99x. The only area that 96rock beat out 99x was with the Regular Guys. For music, 99x was hands-down the best.

Chris- totally agree. Sunday mornings was a refreshing new mix.

9. Bill Simon says:

Rugby,

Techies aren’t like you. They don’t worship the game of football.

10. rugby fan says:

“They don’t worship the game of football.”

Nor do I.

“If it wasn’t for Techies, you probably wouldn’t have PeachPundit. How unfulfilled would your life be then?”

I’d probably get more work done, so my life would likely be more fulfilling.