Huck says he’s still in the fight.

Mike Huckabee was in Atlanta again today (he attended the MKL event yesterday) at the Georgia March for Life. He told reporters not to count him out:

As the Arkansas governor addressed participants in Georgia’s March for Life earlier, support from his stalwart base — religious conservatives — was evident. But although the chilly drizzle didn’t deter supporters, it seemed to be an apt metaphor for his dampened campaign hopes in the wake of a disappointing second place finish the South Carolina primary. With yesterday’s news that his campaign would no longer be providing transportation for its traveling press, many of the questions Huckabee fielded today asked the question: “Is the campaign sunk?”

Huckabee says that he hasn’t lost momentum. “Our scrappy little army’s doing pretty well out there on the battlefield,” he said, adding that he remains in second place in the total delegate count in the GOP race so far.

Huckabee said that the recent cuts in travel expenses were due to a decreased need as well as to financial considerations. Noting the campaign always operates in the black, he added, “Unlike some of the candidates who can write a big ol’ fat personal check and cover everything, I can’t.”

Powered by ScribeFire.

1. Doug Deal says:

The decreased need is a bi-product of no one really wanting him to win.

2. GOPeach says:

HUCKABEE has the MEDIA with him!

FREE Media is great!

You should have seen how many were at the Capital with him today!! About 5,ooo people on a WEEKDAY! That is pretty amazing.

3. debbie0040 says:

GOPeach // Jan 22, 2008 at 5:54 pm

HUCKABEE has the MEDIA with him!

That is what I have said all along. The MSM is pushing the Huckster because they know he will be easily defeated by the Democrats in November.

4. Romegaguy says:

I am guessing that after he announced to them today that they cant fly with him anymore (because he cant afford to take that big of a plane) that they will quit giving him as much free media

5. ReaganRepublican says:

Huckabee will come back? I heard Chip Rodgers is voting for Huckabee. Huckabee will take the south. McCain and Guliani will split the rest. Romney will win Utah, maybe Idaho. There are no magic underwer wearing Mormons anywhere else.

6. Bull Moose says:

I like Mike Huckabee. He is a great guy, however, these are uncertain times internationally. At this point in the GOP, that is the last leg we have that is our strong point. We can’t nominate someone with no foreign policy experience.

As well, Huckabee is just out of money.

He’s a great man, and I really respect him and the way that he has conducted his campaign, but I think the band is warming up and the fat lady is on stage…

7. GOPeach says:

I heard Chip Rogers is with Huckabee also.

I also heard Mike Huckabee is coming to speak at the upcoming Georgia Christian Alliance Meeting –

That will be AWESOME!

8. GOPeach says:

ROME –

The people I know with HUCKABEE are VOLUNTEERING – even his GEORGIA Campaign Chair. They are giving of their time because they LOVE HIM….

Too many of these political junkies are running around looking for a big fat check! Hahahahah

Nobody gets rich in politics!

9. Still Looking says:

He should set his sights on the VP. That’s the best he can do, and that ain’t bad for his first time at the dance. Super Tuesday won’t be kind to him.

10. GOPeach says:

Oh- I beg to differ “Still Looking” !!!!

Check this out Sweetie –

How is Romney supposed to win in November?

The Dems will eat him alive as another big-business Republican that cares about nobody…

look at the polling:
    Romney is who the Dems want.
    Rasmussen (January matchup polling)
    Huckabee – 45 vs. Clinton – 42
    Romney – 41 vs. Clinton – 47

11. Rick Day says:

Isn’t Envy like, um, a sin?

12. GOPeach says:

Not “envy” Rick Baby –

Gov. Huckabee is a REAL PERSON … he is not coming to us …. He is coming from us!

The WHITE HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE!

13. GOPeach says:

From CBS News’ Joy Lin:

ATLANTA — Criticized for failing to develop support beyond the evangelical community, Mike Huckabee has made a concerted effort to reach out to minorities. He gained the endorsement of 50 African American leaders while in town for the commemoration of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday. The endorsers cited Huckabee’s record on life, education, minorities, the economy, the prison system, and immigration as Arkansas governor.

Dean Nelson, director of the Network of Politically Active Christians, noted that Huckabee was the only Republican frontrunner who made a showing at the GOP debate hosted by Tavis Smiley in September.

“I would like to declare to those frontrunners who did not participate at that debate, that if you believe that America and Americans should trust you, then why did you not show up?” asked Nelson.

Nelson noted Huckabee appointed over 350 to boards and commissions as governor of Arkansas.

At the endorsement, Huckabee talked about African-American issues in the language of a Republican. He brought up government surveillance of Dr. King as a cautionary tale against government invasiveness. Huckabee also addressed education and the prison system in terms of cost efficiency.

“What a tragedy when one in three black males end up in prison,” Huckabee said.

“You know something? When I was governor, I did some calculations and it was fairly easy to do. We have one of the least expensive prison systems in the country. And yet, even in Arkansas, it costs more money to put a person in prison for one year than it would to put them in college – public or private school – pay tuition, room, and board and buy their books. The fact is, when people say, we can’t afford a better education. No, we can’t afford an education system that fails the very kids that may end up costing ten times more than a decent education.”

The endorsements today also offered some insights into the complicated legacy of the civil rights movement. One of Huckabee’s endorsers, Rev. William Owens, chairman of the Coalition of African American pastors, said he personally supported Huckabee because of his “social moral leadership,” and as someone who had walked with King in the civil rights movement, Owens noted that the language and history of that movement had been co-opted by those who were advancing same sex marriage.

“When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march one inch, one foot, one yard…for man to be able to marry man, woman able to marry women. We marched because we wanted the right to live the American dream.”

Asked about this, Huckabee said Owens marched with Dr. King and his statements speak for themselves.

Another racial flashpoint: the Confederate flag. Huckabee caught flak in South Carolina for rallying support by bringing up the issue in South Carolina. He told a crowd in Myrtle Beach a few days ago that South Carolinians know “true Conservatism when they see it” and “don’t’ like people coming from outside the state…telling you what you want to do with your flag.” When reporters later challenged him on that, Huckabee said he was neither supporting or criticizing the raising of the Confederate flag.

Dean Nelson told CBS News after the endorsement announcement the he agreed with Huckabee.

“I think that, every election cycle, it seems like the flag issue comes up,” said Nelson. “It’s used divisively by a lot of people, but I think the governor was correct that the good people of South Carolina could make the decision about their flag. Obviously it is a symbol of racism to some and a symbol of heritage to others and I personally believe those people can make those decisions for themselves, even if African Americans like myself don’t really support it.”

14. Grits says:

Mike Huckabee’s life has been devoted to serving others, so he does not have a personal fortune. Let’s prove again that he who has the most bucks does not always win!

15. Eliminating unnecessary expenses is a prudent thing in business, life and politics. I’m reminded of an analogy written a couple of thousand years ago: Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things.

He’s positioned pretty well. Sure we needed South Carolina but we have Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and probably Missouri. Haven’t looked lately to see where else we’re competitive, but he’s still strong.

16. Jace Walden says:

Maurice,

I’ve seen the states where he is not competitive:

Florida
    New York
    California

No one can lose all three of those states and still have enough delegates to be relevant. You know it. I know it. Give up the spin.

17. GOPeach says:

People who RUN for office are not “in politics” they are in a profession!

Running for office no way to make money – ask ANYONE who has ever run – They can NOT run and earn money at the same time.

I have worked on PLENTY of campaigns watching candidates spend all day making phone calls trying to raise money for the CAMPAIGN ( not themselves) – then they have to start knocking on doors in the afternoon until 9PM at night, while going to events, coffees, etc.. to speak – again LOTS and LOTS of time spent NOT MAKING MONEY for themselves.

RUNNING for Office is brutal to most candidates personal income. Most take a tremendous cut in pay IF ELECTED!

EX- $16K a year in the State House … WHO can live on that?????

Sooo GET REAL Bill… I thought YOU were a big political know it all!

18. Bill Simon says:

Jace,

Didn’t you hear about Huck’s plan for California? His 2nd act after becoming President (his first being to introduce his new chain of fried squirrel shops) will be to jettison the state of California as a member of these United States.

His reasoning? As quoted by him somewhere on a bus “California wasn’t intended to be one of us, and they prove it every day.”

19. Florida is a winner take all delegates. Anything can happen, but he has to work it. Right now it doesn’t look too promising. California, on the other hand is fluid. I could see him moving the numbers fairly quickly there.

New York is obviously Rudy country. What surprises me is Romney’s low numbers there.

Super Tuesday will tell the story, but it looks competitive. I’m not spinning anything, just telling it the way I see it.

20. jsm says:

Huckabee, Short on Cash, Curtails Effort in Florida

“As the Republican front-runners crisscross Florida — the race’s biggest prize yet and a state his campaign once considered essential — Mr. Huckabee is pulling back in the state. He told reporters that he did not plan to advertise in Florida, and his only campaign stops scheduled so far this week were token events at airports. To conserve cash, Ed Rollins, his top consultant, and a few other staff members have agreed to work without pay, and his campaign has stopped arranging transportation for the traveling press.”

I guess we’ll see how far Huck’s personality takes him.

21. Jace Walden says:

Huckabee has pulled his ads from Florida. He has abandoned his campaign there.

I would love to see it, but there is no way Ron Paul is going to win a single primary, much less an important one like CA. I’d like to see it, but it ain’t gonna happen.

Rudy could win New York, but if his campaign falters in Florida, it won’t be enough.

As I see it, it’s a two-way race between McCain and Romney.

Guiliani’s campaign has been legally dead since NH. Thompson is done. Huckabee can only win if 80% of the voting public are white anglo-saxon protestant males. Paul was always a longshot. It’s Romney or McCain.

22. debbie0040 says:

Peach, Huckabee is not doing too well in Florida.

Some Huckabee Aides Forgoing Paychecks

Jan 22, 5:11 PM (ET)

By RON WORD

(AP) Republican presidential hopeful, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, participates in the Georgia…

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) – Republican Mike Huckabee said Tuesday his presidential campaign is facing financial difficulties with top advisers working without pay and some aides quitting.

The former Arkansas governor promised to remain in the race through next Tuesday’s Florida primary, telling about 50 people, mostly University of Florida fraternity members: “We are taking a look at everything daily. But we will be here every day in Florida until next week.”

Rollins said the campaign plans to run some ads on cable stations in Florida, but it cannot afford broadcast rates. Huckabee is splitting time between Florida, Georgia and Arkansas this week.

23. Keep on spinning Jace…. Romney is spending because he’s the viable front runner there. What I find hilarious is that his campaign has gone nearly completely via the airwaves. When he engages people his numbers plummit. So why not use what you do best?

Just keeping it real.

Jace, Hucks organization in Florida is pretty deep, but if he’s not going to have enough to top it, and you get no delegates, why waste it. Only a liberal would do that….

24. debbie0040 says:

Rugby, do you and Peach have a thing going too.? Please don’t tell Jason..

Maurice, Peach, Jace is right. It was hard for me to give up on Thompson so I know the pain you are feeling now. It is pretty tough to realize the person you poured your heart into supporting ain’t going to make it…

The fact of the matter, it is going to be between Romney or McCain. You pick…

25. Jace Walden says:

Like I said Maurice,

NO ONE can win this nomination without winning one of the following three states:

Florida
    California
    New York.

You just said that he’s not going to waste time in Florida since he can’t win it. Let’s cross that one out.

You also said that New York is “Rudy Country”. Let’s cross that one out.

What on God’s Green Earth makes you think that a bible-thumping theocrat like Huckabee can win in California?

26. Jace Walden says:

Maurice,

Just make something clear: I have no vested interest in a Huckabee loss. If Ron Paul cannot secure the nomination (which I’m sure most of us can agree that he won’t) then I WANT Huckabee to win.

Probably not for the same reasons you do. But there it is. So, I hope he does really well.

Since I have no vested interest in him, however, I have the ability to look at his campaign rationally. And rationally, it’s going to shit.

27. Jace Walden says:

Rugby,

I already know. I caught the two of you going back and forth on another thread. I’ve known about it for sometime. But you are a pretty decent guy, and I was afraid it would ruin our blogfriendship if I called you out. I appreciate your honesty.

GOPeach, it’s over between us.

28. This reminds me of a scenario that occurred in Indiana in 1996 for the governorship. Unlike Georgia, Indiana’s gubernatorial nominee can select his Lt. Gov running mate. The race was divided. The GOP Party chairman, Indianapolis Mayor Steve Goldsmith and a newspaper publisher George Witwer were the candidates. The race was the nastiest I had ever seen. The infighting was deep.

The Party Chairman was a veteran war hero. Steve Goldsmith was a quiet but effective Mayor. The newspaper publisher was a scrappy organizer and had done much for the Party.

Goldsmith emerged as the nominee but instead of naming a running mate, he deferred it to the Convention to select it, which created another race in itself. Witwer tossed his hat in the ring, along with the former Sec. of State (who was the favorite) and several legislators. I was supporting Witwer.

During the convention vote Witwer had the most votes on the first, but not enough to seize the nomination. County Chairman were scurrying all over the convention floor to “encourage” their delegates to vote for the Sec. of State because the supposedly the other losers were endorsing her. I was told to throw my support to the SoS. I may be a little naive, but I ain’t stupid. My guy was ahead, he ultimately won the nomination on the second vote.

Huckabee is #2 in delegates, its a long way to the finish line. He’s still in the race and has a viable shot at this thing. I sticking with my horse.

29. I didn’t say he wasn’t working Florida. He’s not utilizing the network airwaves. That’s a big difference. He’s working his strength where he can control his costs, thats on the ground. We’ll know on election night what the outcome is.

California is an interesting animal. He’s polled strong there for months. That electorate is fluid. He’s proven he can move those folks.

30. Jace Walden says:

Um…

Wrong again, Maurice. Huckabee is #3 behind the two actual contenders, Mitt Romney and John McCain.

Maurice…I have no vested interest in a Huckabee loss. If Ron Paul loses (which, I’m pretty sure he will), I actually WANT Huckabee to win. Although, probably for different reasons.

I hope Huckabee does well if Ron Paul loses…but since I haven’t staked my credibility on his candidacy, I can actually look at his campaign rationally. Rationally, it’s going to shit.

31. debbie0040 says:

Heard Rush Limbaugh say that the latest California poll to be released tomorrow shows that Thompson voters have gone to Romney…

32. Jace Walden says:

Peach,

I am for Huckabee ONLY if Ron Paul loses, and for a COMPLETELY different reason than you and Maurice.

If Ron Paul loses (as he is the last hope for the GOP) I want the GOP to go down in flames, die and be reborn. A Huckabee nomination would insure that the GOP goes down in flames. Go Huck!

33. GOPeach says:

Huckabee will not take our nation left or right but UP! …. not down in flames!

I think Huckabee will make a GREAT PRESIDENT … 10 years as GOVERNOR! He is the ONLY one groomed for the job.

34. rugby fan says:

If anyone has rankings of Arkansas schools, poverty, quality of life &c. under Huckabee’s reign I’d like to see them.

Not going to do the research because I just don’t care.

35. GodHatesTrash says:

First the old lazy hillbilly bites the dust.

Who’s next? The cross-dressing chickenlittle mafioso? Could be…

Or maybe the homophobe rebel rag-wavin’ fundamnentalist KKKhristian Huckleberry from Hope?

The Mor(m)on from Michigan has deep deep pockets, and doesn’t have anything better to do with his money… and the twin Crazies, John and Ron.

Those three will be the last ones standing. Bet on the crazy ones.

36. eburke says:

Be careful when you look at Arkansas’s stats. Georgia is below them and Mississippi in most of those education statistics.

37. Icarus says:

Rugby,

The proper way to move in on Jace’s woman is to go up to him and ask “Do you mind if we dance with your date(s)?”

Jace, of course, won’t get the reference, and that will make it even more enjoyable.

38. GOPeach says:

Jace-

If you have a girlfriend- I think you should be loyal to her… I know she must feel lucky to have such w wonderful man like you.

Now… Can you talk her into voting for Huckabee also … they we can all watch the GOP go down in flames…. ( pssst whatever it takes to get a vote… right?)

39. GOPeach says:

DUNCAN HUNTER ENDORSES MIKE HUCKABEE!!!!

WASHINGTON (CNN) — California Rep. Duncan Hunter, a former presidential candidate, announced Wednesday he is endorsing Mike Huckabee’s White House bid.

“I got to know Governor Huckabee well on the campaign trail,” Huckabee said in a statement. “Of the remaining candidates I feel that he is strongly committed to strengthening national defense, constructing the border fence and meeting the challenge of China’s emergence as a military superpower that is taking large portions of America’s industrial base.

“Along with these issues of national security, border enforcement and protecting the U.S. industrial base, I see another quality of Mike Huckabee’s candidacy that compels my endorsement,” he added. “Mike Huckabee is a man of outstanding character and integrity. I saw that character over the last year of campaigning and was greatly impressed. The other Republican candidates have many strengths and I wish them all well.”

40. IndyInjun says:

Linder has FORGOTTEN what Reagan represented – it sure was not the enormous government growth fed by a constant stream of Linder and Hunter votes.

41. debbie0040 says:

Rudy Giuliani has hit the skids in a Florida freefall that could shatter his presidential campaign and leave a two-man Republican contest in the state between John McCain and Mitt Romney, a Miami Herald poll shows.

Despite hovering over Florida voters for weeks, Giuliani is tied for third place with the scarcely visible Mike Huckabee in a statewide poll of 800 likely voters.

Huckabee, a charismatic former Baptist minister, is popular among frequent churchgoers, young voters and residents of the conservative Panhandle of the state, according to the poll. Romney was the second choice for born-again Christians, suggesting that his Mormon religion is not a political liability. His stronghold is the southwest part of the state.

42. debbie0040 says:

Judge Robert Bork endorsed Romney as a conservative that can bring the Reagan coalition together.

A few weeks ago, Judge Robert Bork gave Mitt Romney a huge boost of conservative credibility when he endorsed Mitt Romney for president. Certainly, Bork’s endorsement of Romney in addition to endorsements by National Review and David Keene of the American Conservative Union (Keene endorsed Romney, but the American Conservative Union, the organization, does not endorse candidates) might go some way towards convincing conservative Republicans that Romney is the best choice among the top Republican candidates.

But I was still surprised to read that Judge Robert Bork had decided to cut a radio ad for Mitt Romney. You can listen to the ad yourself by clicking here. I think that it is an effective ad, especially this part:

The National Review endorsed Governor Romney, calling him a ‘full-spectrum conservative.’ I agree. Mitt Romney is the best person to unite the strong Reagan coalition of social, economic, and foreign policy conservatives.

That’s really the key question, isn’t it? Which candidate can unite the economic conservatives, social conservatives and foreign policy/security conservatives so that we are united in November 2008 against the Democrats. I would like to have seen Fred Thompson do better in his campaign and fill this role. But Romney might be the one to do the job.

Boston, MA – Today, Senator Thad Cochran (R-MS) announced that he was endorsing Governor Mitt Romney and his candidacy for President of the United States. Senator Cochran joins a Romney for President team that includes Senators Robert Bennett (R-UT), Wayne Allard (R-CO), Jim DeMint (R-SC), Judd Gregg (R-NH) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT).

43. GodHatesTrash says:

Looks like Romney picked up Thad Cochran’s endorsement – his Klan Outreach program must be working!

44. GOPeach says:

Bishop Mitt Romney is a joke!

Look…. Can’t any Christians raise money????

C’mon DUNCAN HUNTER, SAM BROWNNBACK, TANCREDO, FRED HEADS, and RON PAUL folks…..

JOIN HUCKABEE TODAY and tell everyone one in FLORIDA.

45. GOPeach says:

Some friends from Marietta just called and said they are going with Huckabee now because Fred is gone….

NEW COALITION….

FREDHEADS for HUCKABEE!!!!

46. GOPeach says:

Bishop RoMoney –

Fredheads need t0 know some history and something about a biblical world view –

“It’s not Mike Huckabee or Fred Thompson forcing Mitt Romney into a make or break speech about his faith. The candidate forcing Romney’s hand today was a Presidential Candidate who ran for the White House 164 years ago.”

I am referring to Joseph Smith, the controversial Mormon Prophet who ran for President in 1844.

MORMON’s IN THE WHITE HOUSE ????

BECAUSE OF MONEY!!!!!!

I will NEVER apologize to my grandchildren for having supported MIKE HUCKABEE …. My grandkids would question me supporting a RICH MORMON BISHOP… who believes in a cult.

Not in the lifetime!

47. GOPeach says:

THE JIHAD AGAINST HUCKABEE

Ever since Gov. Mike Huckabee’s numbers started climbing in the polls, the media and the Republican establishment have gone all-out to disparage him and derail his campaign. Surprisingly, the Conservative media led by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin, Hugh Hewitt, Hannity, Dennis Prager and scores of others has spearheaded the jihad against Huckabee, condemning him as a “pro-life liberal” and a “false conservative” Thanks to their ceaseless anti-Huck campaign, the establishment has successfully brainwashed thousands, if not millions of viewers and listeners….so far (there are still 44 states left). These self-proclaimed torchbearers of Conservatism NEED TO REALISE that they are out of touch with reality, and the base. The SC primary results are a testimony to this. The exit poll data show that voters chose Huckabee over McCain in several categories OUTSIDE OF EVANGELICAL VOTE. Huck took the 18-44 yrs old vote, abortion (keep it illegal always) vote, the tough-on-illegal immigration vote, the republican vote, the conservative vote and the very conservative vote. The real Conservative base has not been fooled! The rest (pseudo-conservatives) have been. Birds of the same feather folk together…and there is no need for the establishment and the media to define and redefine “conservatism” and declare who the true conservative is! The Conservative media shouldn’t live under the illusion that the public is unaware of the link between Romney and Bain Capital and it is obvious that the support of a good chunk of the media would be biased and in favor of Mitt Romney. Also, the fact that the establishment led by the “Club of Greed” is rallying around Thompson, Romney and Giuliani, and giving a second look to McCain is no news to the true Conservatives.

It is painful to see that the only Republican candidate with a chance to defeat the Clinton machinery is being betrayed by the very party that ought to have embraced him. Being elected and re-elected in an overwhelmingly Democrat state run by the Clinton machinery is no joke. Huckabee’s conservatism is similar to Reagan’s- even Reagan raised taxes when circumstances compelled him to do so. The fact that the rank of Arkansas school-education quality went up from near bottom (49th) to the top ten list (rank 8th) during the course of his tenure is just an example of the countless transformations that Huckabee brought about in Arkansas, leaving behind the legend of the visionary and the commander that Huckabee is. Giuliani and Romney will definitely not win the general election (count on the crucial but sizeable chunk of evangelical voters who will prefer to sit home rather than vote for them), and Thompson has slept too much to be a serious contender in the race. McCain, despite all the euphoria of late, cannot win- the very-conservative and the social conservative voters abstaining from voting for him will cross out whatever independent votes he will be getting. Logically, that leaves Huckabee as the only viable candidate, the sole candidate who will be able to bring out everyone of the foot soldiers of the Republican Party (particularly the social conservatives) to vote on the Election Day.

Huckabee represents the new-face of the Conservative movement. This is attested to by the fact that in both Iowa and SC, Huckabee won more than 40% of the young vote. For many youngsters, Huckabee is the only reason for not voting in the Democrat primary this election cycle. It is a national trend that an increasing disproportionate share of the youngsters is voting Democrat- a trend, if not checked, that would have serious repercussions for the Republican Party in the future. Even Conservative youngsters find the Democrats more appealing as they hold common views when it comes to issues like Global poverty, racial reconciliation and the environment. The excitement that has been generated amongst the GOP youngsters this time should be credited mainly to Huckabee. The refusal of the establishment and the media to acknowledge the shift in the priorities of the X and Y GOP generation is suicidal to both the GOP and Conservatism in the long run. History will judge and will be very harsh on all those (particularly Limbaugh & Co and the Club of Greed) who have condemned the efforts of visionaries (like Huckabee) to bridge the gap between older conservatives on the one hand and the younger conservatives on the other. Another dynamic shift in the electoral mood of the country has been the growing disillusionment of the middle class and the already antagonized working class with the GOP. Huckabee is the only GOP candidate who has gained support from them as is evident from the support of various unions towards his candidacy. Besides, Huckabee is the only GOP candidate to have gained support from Afro-Americans as in evident from the more than thirty endorsements including that of Rev. Bill Owens (leader of the Coalition of African American Pastors).

The President has to be the commander-of-chief of the entire nation. The fact that Huckabee has mass appeal cutting across race, ethnicity and classes is testimonial to his popularity, electability and the genuineness of his personality. The Wall Street and the establishment have come up with their own definition of “a true conservative”, and are imposing it on the masses. Sorry, I am not deceived! And neither will my fellow countrymen be. A person may be fooled initially, but not for long. Another Huckaboom is in the offing! Remember that Huckabee’s support is grassroot. He’s been almost broke from the beginning, thanks to the war waged on him by the establishment with the media playing the role of the latter’s cheer leaders. But he has been able to endure this far due to the support of the common man. The presidential race is like a marathon. Huckabee might have won and lost some early battles, but this has only inspired the people from the main street to work harder towards electing a man of their own so that Washington no longer remains the exclusive hub of the Wall Street.

The war ain’t over, ’til it’s over. On to Florida!

48. rugby fan says:

“Ever since Gov. Mike Huckabee’s numbers started climbing in the polls, the media and the Republican establishment have gone all-out to disparage him and derail his campaign”

Interesting the the attacks have continued as his numbers decline in the polls.

49. debbie0040 says:

GOPeach // Jan 23, 2008 at 7:22 pm

NEW COALITION….

FREDHEADS for HUCKABEE!!!!

Peach you also said Log Cabin Republicans endorsed Huckabee.

You have no credibility left.

50. GOPeach says:

Mitt Romney founded Bain Capital

Bain Capital bought Clear Channel which is the largest owner of radio stations in the United States

Rush Limbaugh, Fox, and the rest of the media are all big Romney fans because they are scared stiff to slander Romney because of the influence which Romney and his cronies have in allowing the EIB Network to purchase air time.

Bottom line the media, and Washington Insiders are all in bed together to take out Huckabee’s chances as the Republican Candidate

You should also look at Bain Capital and its partnership with the Carlyle Group… which is linked to a lot of very interesting people in both Saudia Arabia and China.