McCain!

Folks, it’s going to happen!  For the past 30 years, the winner of the South Carolina Primary has gone onto win the Republican nomination.  Attention now turns to Florida, where polls already show McCain well ahead.  It’s going to be A LOT OF WORK, but momentum is on our side!  As we look further ahead to other states voting on February 5, McCain’s lead is substantial.

Chrishardcore alluded to Fred Amnesty, but all joking aside, we’ve all gotten involved and put our hearts on the line for candidates that didn’t win.  It goes with the territory!

Sign up to get involved with the campaign at www.johnmccain.com and follow along at www.georgiansformccain.com, there will be unique stories about why people are supporting John McCain appearing soon.

1. waterboy says:

Moose – your boy McCain is ANYTHING but a statistical certainty. What a joke it is to even make that comparison of past SC primaries and the R nomination. Get you a cold shower and then get back to reality. McCain had a good win in SC. He finally climbed to second place behind Romney in the delegate race, yet he still trails considerably. There were 4 big dogs fighting for SC this election and of them, Romney, headed to Nevada to thrash the competition there, earning 51% of the vote – and 18 delegates (congrats too goes to Ron Paul for a 2nd place finish in Nevada). This is McCain’s third run for President (that I can remember) and it is good that he is finally competitive, yet it is hardly a sign that he is “the chosen one” just because he picked up a SC win and 19 delegates. I’m not bashing McCain – just your pea-brain diagnosis of the political scene.

2. GOPeach says:

BM –

I think McCain was a little too cocky when he made his little ” victory speech” last night.

ASS-uming he was the nominee and that he had already beaten Hillary & Obama.

Look… I am a little sick and damn tired of him making people feel sorry for him for being a POW. Lots of men and women were maimed and even died in Viet Nam. He acts like he is the ONLY ONE who cares about America. Well, I ‘ve got news for him – my brother was captured, tortured and died in North Viet Nam.

McCain got rich off his war stories and his FAT PAY check he will get from WE THE TAX PAYERS the rest of his life AND VA benefits….

He GOT PAID for all his suffering …. What about those who suffer and become impoverished.

I think he should run on his VISION for the Future, not throwing up his POW ( PAST) in out faces like we owe him a vote.

Most Vets know what I am talking about. You NEVER look for a pat on the back and some favor – you count it an HONOR!

3. Romegaguy says:

Surprised Huckster hasnt started another one of his lies, instead of how he has an earned theology degree or how he didnt raise taxes, maybe he can claim he was held hostage by Nazis

4. Bull Moose says:

WOW waterboy you are wrong on your facts man. McCain only ran once before in 2000.

NV was not a serious contest for the GOP — he was the only one that went there beside Ron Paul.

and GOPeach – I guess I’m not surprised at your view. It’s cynical and sad.

5. waterboy says:

Moose – I guess McCain has been whining about wanting to be presudent for the past 12 years, but only ran twice. I never said it was a fact…that’s just the way I remembered it. My fault. NV won Romney 18 delegates, SC won McCain 19 – so how do you figure it was not serious? What about Michigan? Was it not serious either since Romney beat McCain by over 80K votes and 9 percentage points? See if those facts are correct…I believe you will find that they are.

6. Still Looking says:

Hey Bull, How are going to turn Rush and the rest of the right-wing talk radio around? Everyday Rush says McCain is unacceptable. McCain is going to leave a lot of votes on the sidelines even if he attracts some center-right independents.

7. ReaganRepublican says:

McCain/Huckabee= Dream team GOP ticket..
    4 years of McCain followed by 8 years of Huckabee………..

8. ReaganRepublican says:

9 people voted in the GOP caucus in Nevada, and 6 were mormons. Give me a break watermelon boy. More people vote in Pickens county than republicans caucused in Nevada…

9. Painterman says:

I agree with Rush, if McCain or Huckabee are the nominee then the GOP will loose the general election; I’ll add Rudy to that list too. They are not true conservatives. I only see Thompson or Romney being able to win against Hillary or Obama. As Fred looks to have squandered his window of opportunity I think I’m going to have to vote for Romney Feb 5th.

10. waterboy says:

FakeReaganRepublican – Actually there were 44,324 votes cast in Nevada and your boys McCain & Huckabee got 5,651 (13%) and 3,616 (8%) respectively….if you call that respectable. But hey, your guys picked up 2 delegates each where Romney earned 22,649 votes (51%) and 18 delegates….you religious bigot.

11. juliobarrios says:

Painterman-

I’ll probably end up voting for Romney, while holding my nose, but to refer to him as a TRUE conservative is a real stretch.

12. Jace Walden says:

I have to agree with Waterboy,

At this point, as long as Romney keeps racking up the delegates, he is the frontrunner. The media anoints a new frontrunner everday, but Romney keeps piling up the delegates.

Super Tuesday will tell a lot, but Drudge is already reporting a Rasmussen Poll that has Romney ahead in Florida.

I do NOT support Romney, I’m just tired of everyone jumping every bandwagon that passes by. Romney is still the clear frontrunner as of now.

13. joe says:

Florida + Super Tuesday states have about 1,000 delegates available. 600 will be split 10-30% here and 10-30% there. 400 delegates are in winner take all states (including New York). Those 400 will decide who is the clear front runner.

14. Ms_midtown says:

Hillary will CREAM Romney = TRUE.

A Florida win by McCain is the nail in the coffin for Romney. Of the Super Tuesday states —
    Romney CAN’T WIN :
    Utah
    Idaho
    Massachusetts
    Montana
    NO FLORIDA, NO ROMNEY

15. debbie0040 says:

Peach, Romney really threatens you doesn’t he?

I disagree strongly with what you said about conservative women voting for Hillary over Romney. I am a conservative woman and I will support Romney when Fred drops out. I know many conservative women that support Thompson that will do the same.

You also predicted a huge victory for the Huckster in SC and that fell short.

Anyone that refuses to vote for someone because of their religion is a bigot. I always suspected you of being one…

When JFK ran, everyone was saying this nation will not elect an Irish Catholic

It has begun, expect many more :

A Georgia organizer for Thompson shifts to Romney
    Monday, January 21, 2008, 10:39 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Fred Thompson lifeboat in Georgia just a little lighter.

Senate President pro tem Eric Johnson of Savannah, the ranking Republican in that chamber and one of the leaders of the draft-Fred movement last year, is switching to presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Johnson said he’s got no special knowledge of whether Thompson, who finished third in South Carolina on Saturday, will be pulling out of the Republican contest.

“I don’t know if he’s pulling out today or tomorrow or not at all,” Johnson told us from Savannah. “But clearly Fred Thompson is not going to be the nominee.”

Expect more defections. “All of the campaigns are reaching out to the Thompson people,” the senator said.

16. debbie0040 says:

Monday, January 21, 2008
    Advertisment
    The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds Mitt Romney with a slight lead in Florida’s Republican Presidential Primary. John McCain and Rudy Giuliani are close behind in what may develop into a three-man race. It’s Romney at 25%, McCain at 20%, and Giuliani at 19%. Romney has picked up seven points over the past week while McCain and Giuliani each inched up a point.

17. GOPeach says:

ROMNEY think the White House is for SALE!

I would vote for RON PAUL before Romney in a minute. He is just too….

MORMON BISHOP for ME!

Mormon’s are not MAINSTREAM!

Look at what they believe:

18. debbie0040 says:

Peach, quit being such a bigot.

As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ two millennia ago, we offer our testimony of the reality of His matchless life and the infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice. None other has had so profound an influence upon all who have lived and will yet live upon the earth.

He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New. Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3). Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it. His gospel was a message of peace and goodwill. He entreated all to follow His example. He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead. He taught the truths of eternity, the reality of our premortal existence, the purpose of our life on earth, and the potential for the sons and daughters of God in the life to come.

He instituted the sacrament as a reminder of His great atoning sacrifice. He was arrested and condemned on spurious charges, convicted to satisfy a mob, and sentenced to die on Calvary’s cross. He gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind. His was a great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever live upon the earth.

We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world.

He rose from the grave to “become the firstfruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20). As Risen Lord, He visited among those He had loved in life. He also ministered among His “other sheep” (John 10:16) in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised “dispensation of the fulness of times” (Ephesians 1:10).

Of the Living Christ, the Prophet Joseph wrote: “His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:

“I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father” (D&C 110:3–4).

Of Him the Prophet also declared: “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

“For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

“That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God” (D&C 76:22–24).

We declare in words of solemnity that His priesthood and His Church have been restored upon the earth—“built upon the foundation of … apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20).

We testify that He will someday return to earth. “And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together” (Isaiah 40:5). He will rule as King of Kings and reign as Lord of Lords, and every knee shall bend and every tongue shall speak in worship before Him. Each of us will stand to be judged of Him according to our works and the desires of our hearts.

We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.

19. Jace Walden says:

[Bobb Barr] has been working on me a while anyway

GOPeach…I can’t believe you’ve been cheating on me. And with Bobb Barr of all people…he’s….old.

That’s the last straw. I’m breaking it off Peach. You and I are finished.

20. SouthFultonGuy says:

Winning SC and the nomination doesn’t mean jack if you lose in the general election. Remember Bob Dole?

21. debbie0040 says:

I know all about cults. How dare you question whether or not I am a Christians just because I don’t support the same candidate as you do.

I would rather a member of the Mormon Church as President than the founder of the Huckacult.

I am a member of a conservative women’s club in Gwinnett. One of the members is Mormon and she has outstanding character and has strong conservative values. I never knew she was even Morman until Huckabee attacked Mormons.

I don’t see Romney’s name on this list but do see Huckabee’s. It says a lot about Huckabee’s character with him being a Baptist preacher and all.

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007

22. Doug Deal says:

Bull,

Sign up to get involved with the campaign at http://www.johnmccain.com and follow along at http://www.georgiansformccain.com, there will be unique stories about why people are supporting John McCain appearing soon.

I can imagine those stories now…

“I support McCain because the press told me his was the front runner.”

“I support McCain because I am a Democrat and most Republicans hate him.”

“I support McCain because of his fearless dedication in protecting the first amendment.”

“Apoyo McCain porque él protegerá mi trabajo.”