Huckabee has won his last primary?

January 11, 2008 16:00 pm

by Buzz Brockway · 2,306 comments

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney said Friday that Mike Huckabee has won his last primary.

Pretty bold statement from Mitt. I suppose he could be right, but Romney may not win anymore either. The race is so fluid I don’t think anyone can say anything for certain. I imagine Romney’s comment will energize Huckabee’s supporters…sort of political bulletin board fodder.

Powered by ScribeFire.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 11:05 am

we should not continue to accuse a certain someone of witch craft until we determine he he does in fact weight the same as a duck, and therefore floats, and therefore is made of wodd and therefore is a witch suitable for burning…

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 11:08 am

Lorie:

Are you thinking of the children when you vote for Santa?

I am thinking about putting you in charge of a subcommittee if you can answer the following questions:

Who will win the Tri-Nations?

Who will win the Super 14?

Icarus February 25, 2008 at 11:25 am

Accuse? He’s been convicted. He’s a witch.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 11:25 am

i place the blame for my inept typing on something completely unrelated to my skills as a typist–witch craft perhaps

the chiefs were lucky to get by the waratahs over the weekend

most of my familiarity w/ rugby came from many of my fraternity brothers being in a rugby club which seemed more of a drinking club that played the occassional match and did not seem entirely sure of all the rules other than one that apparently called for kegs on the sideline…

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 11:27 am

Well, I take that back. If Santa has a hubby, I’ll abstain.

I absolutely know nothing about rugby. Must be my X chromosome.

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 11:38 am

Lorie:

The correct answers are the Wallabies and the Waratahs, respectively.

I will also give you a chance to amend your answer.

Icarus:

I want to avoid any potential accusations of malfeasance so I shall humor the drunk doc.

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 11:44 am

Oops. Amended answer: It must be my hypothetical Y chromosome then.

Mental to do list: Must get conceal carry permit while Repubs are still in power.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 11:51 am

aren’t the bulls the defending champs–are they not any good this year??

Chairman rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 11:52 am

Close enough.

Plus four points.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 11:53 am

“Once, I saw a sculpture of some form that had a duck. Said duck was rather large and made of metal, steel I am assuming. The duck in question surely weighed at least 300 pounds, meaning he weighs less than a duck, would float, and if you were to ask me, make rather good firewood.”

that’s good enough for me…

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 12:00 pm

drjay:

I don’t care if the Springboks won the RWC and that last year’s Super 14 Grand Final was an all South African affair, rugby in South Africa is shite.

Icarus February 25, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Heads Up: New Rule from The Committee:

With the increasing amount of error messages as the thread of dreams grows longer, we must now insist that if you visit this thread, you must post a comment.

It’s simple: Visit, post, repeat.

Icarus February 25, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Jace is late.

Minus one point for him.

Chris February 25, 2008 at 12:11 pm

All,

1) I hate ChildrenTM. That should be obvious as I am a Republican.

2) I do not recognize the authority of this so-called “committee” and thus refuse to be obligated by any pledges made by them in my name.

3) The largest duck can weigh up to 15 pounds. I weight 181 pounds. Therefore I’m not flammable.

4) Santa doesn’t exist.

Chris February 25, 2008 at 12:13 pm

It was the year of fire,
the year of destruction,
the year we took back what was ours.

It was the year of rebirth,
the year of great sadness,
the year of pain,
and the year of joy.

It was a new age.

It was the end of history.

It was the year everything changed.

The year is 2261.
The place: Babylon 5.

Icarus February 25, 2008 at 12:18 pm

It’s official.

When we are finally able to burn the heretic rat bastard farris, we will only be showing him a preview of the fires of hell in which he will burn for eternity.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 12:20 pm

12 ducks tied together can also float

Icarus February 25, 2008 at 12:24 pm

I float better after a few puffs of nitrous. Yet Dr. Jay continues to refuse to share.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 12:26 pm

we need to be careful b/c we are at a number of comments that will lend itself to some libertarian geeks showing up w/ the following

2264:

james kirk named captain of uss enterprise

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 12:28 pm

rat-bastard:

1) We know.
2) We will remember this when you cry for help at the pyre.
3) We shall soon find out. I am doubtful about your claim. Weight has nothing to do with flammability.
4) It is a well documented fact that only a witch would say such a thing.

Icarus:

I like your thinking. Its common sense solutions, the same kind that Ding-Dong ‘Dell is in favor of.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 12:29 pm

2265:

enterprise discovers the “blackbox” of the missing uss valiant

drjay February 25, 2008 at 12:31 pm

2269:

enterprise returns from 5 year mission under kirk, who is promoted to admiral overseeing major refit of the ship

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 12:49 pm

And do I want to be on a subcommittee? Doesn’t me being a Republicrat automatically disqualify me?

IndyInjun February 25, 2008 at 12:54 pm

1962 – Grandpa bought a Valiant.

It also had a black box.

A Jack Daniels box.

Absorbing the contents of the black box meant nobody cared what happened to the Valiant.

Kirk out.

John Konop February 25, 2008 at 12:55 pm

RugbyFan

How much of the money will be spent on beer?

IndyInjun February 25, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Grandpa also liked to burn out rat bastards in the hay.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 12:56 pm

2271:

earth nearly destroyed by now self aware voyager spacecraft returning to join w/ its maker. enterpise begins a 2nd 5 year mission under adm. james t. kirk’s command

John Konop February 25, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Rat Bastard the garnishment of your wages is in process. Since you refuse to give we will take $2500. Thank you for your contribution to FREE GO PEACH FUND! Since contribution is so generous Rugby will give you at least 1 beer.

John Konop February 25, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Rats are various medium sized rodents. “True rats” are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, Rattus norvegicus. Many members of other rodent genera and families are also called rats and share many characteristics with true rats. A rat has an average life span of 2-3 years

John Konop February 25, 2008 at 1:03 pm

I thought it was RAT BASTARD!

The best-known rat species are the Black Rat Rattus rattus and the Brown Rat Rattus norvegicus.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 1:21 pm

2277:

uss enterprise –ncc-1701 is retired from active duty and used as a training vessel orbiting earth

Doug Deal February 25, 2008 at 1:45 pm

2008:

Using the slingshot effect, “Doug Deal” was able to shoot forward several centuries of time where such a thing as “cable television” exists, as does the fabled “cable modem”.

In response, Deal had his horses used to courier dispatches back and forth to the big city ground into sausage.

Tanalach Media Conspiracy February 25, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Attention all committee members. You are losers. Go Post in real threads!

IndyInjun February 25, 2008 at 2:04 pm

The voice of doom…

dragonfire February 25, 2008 at 2:13 pm

“Heads Up: New Rule from The Committee:

If you are just lurking, you are not giving your all for the children. The children deserve better. Do not waste valuable bandwith here that could be otherwise taken for someone who is willing to post for the children.”

Since this thread has provided great entertainment for me, and I don’t want to hurt the children, I hereby renounce my lurker status.

For the children, of course.

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Welcome dragonfire!

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 2:19 pm

So the Tanalach Media Conspiracy speaks.

They would be more threatening if they knew basic punctuation and linked to the correct website.

drjay February 25, 2008 at 2:36 pm

2285:

uss enterprise-ncc1701 is destroyed to kep it from falling into klingon hands

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm

I say we all get together and head to Las Vegas and sit in Quark’s bar and have a Warp Core Breach. After a couple of those, we’d all agree we were equal…. If not, I’d just have to put my phaser on kill.

dragonfire February 25, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Rugby,

I’ve gotten the impression a fire source is needed soon for a certain burning at the stake. Let me know when and where.

For the children.

Demonbeck February 25, 2008 at 3:19 pm

2287 – The Georgia Legislature approves Sunday sales, becoming the 64th and final state to do so. Upon hearing the news, Georgia citizens south of the 35th parallel drop their case for secession to Tennessee just before the Supreme Court hearing.

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 3:21 pm

What a wonderful day this has been!

I fill up my sandwich card so now I have a free meal, and then we have two new excellent additions to the movement in Lorie and dragonfire!

Add 56 points to both of your scores!

dragonfire:

Who will win the Tri-Nations?

Who will win the Super 14?

Bill Simon February 25, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Lorie,

“My Y chromosome is confused. Is this similar to pissing on the electric fence and the last one standing wins?”

Is this a sport you engage in regularly? How far back do you bend in order to direct your stream to even hit the fence?

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Sorry guys… got to take my child to therapy. I would post from my Berry but I think it would shrivel up and die if I tried.

Lorie February 25, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Bill,

That’s my hypothetical Y chromo. Hypothetically, you’d be amazed at what I can do with it.

dragonfire February 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Rugby –

who do you want to win? I can make it happen.

rugby_fan February 25, 2008 at 3:40 pm

New rule from the committee – all posts must end in “For the Children”.

Its for the children.

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 3:48 pm

The Wallabies and Waratahs respectively.

dragonfire February 25, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Rugby –

Tri-Nations – leaning towards New Zealand.

Super-14 – my prognostication skills aren’t that good. Too early to tell.

I wouldn’t want to be wrong. After all, it’s for the children.

rugby fan February 25, 2008 at 3:53 pm

I would like to say, that someone is posing as rugbyfan and commenting with reckless abandon.

Although I do like his or her message.

Comments on this entry are closed.