Ralph Reed – The Commentator

Political Insider has this up about Ralph Reed as a Political Commentator on CNN and I was curious as to what were your thoughts here on it.

I think it was rather odd that CNN would have Reed as a commentator in talking about John McCain and where he goes from his win Tuesday in New Hampshire.  And over on MSNBC it didn’t get much better with Tom DeLay commentating as well.

Both of these gentlemen were near the epicenter of the Abramoff probe that McCain spearheaded and had their political careers derailed as a result of their involvement.  They have a well known and well documented dislike, so they are hardly unbiased in their analysis.

None the less, McCain leads in both Michigan and South Carolina!  What did you think about Reed as a commentator?

1. He’ll do just fine. Say and think what you will about him but he’s a very articulate guy. I imagine he’ll have some interesting things to say about the campaign.

It’s time to let go of the hate people. 🙂

2. Bull Moose says:

Well, his comments about McCain were skewed in his dislike, saying that McCain has no organization in SC… That’s just preposterous… He was trying to create doubt of McCain’s ability there…

I don’t hate the man, I just don’t think he’s unbiased.

3. debbie0040 says:

Well said, Buzz!!

People expected Ralph to disappear just because he lost an election.
    That ain’t going to happen. Ralph is not a quitter .

4. debbie0040 says:

At this point in the process, anything could happen. We all may be rallying behind Ron Paul as the GOP nominee.

I would not be the least bit suprised at anything that happens….

I am very proud of the fact Fred is not giving up.. He is giving it his all in SC…You just never know ….

5. rightbeforeleft says:

Why does anyone still care what the double R thinks? I’m not sure anyone does, which makes punditry fit him perfectly! Kudos to CNN for realizing that.

6. juliobarrios says:

I think Reed will make a fine commentator. He’s bright, articulate and knows the political landscape inside and out. It’s a bit egocentric to think CNN hired Reed in a Abramoff / Indian Tribe conspiracy to derail McCain’s presidential campaign. Especially since the media establishment has always seemed to favor McCain over other GOP presidential hopefuls.

For the record, I voted for Cagle in the LG race and may end up voting for McCain (albeit while holding my nose) since my man Thompson seems to be down for the count.

Let go of the hate before you’re lost to the dark side forever.

7. GOP Girl says:

BullMoose is not hating on RR. He’s making an accurate statement. My comment is the same as it was the other night. What do you expect from the communist news network????

RR is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and CNN is a perfect place for him.

8. Bull Moose says:

Thank you GOP Girl, I may not have articulated very well the point that I was trying to make and thank you for the clarification…

9. ConservativeCaucus says:

I would love to see what would happen to Debbie if RR decided to support Huckabee.

Any predictions?

10. DMZDave says:

Ralph is doing a fine job as a commentator and I think it is a good sign that CNN hired him. I assume they hired him because they are finally starting to care about ratings and Ralph Reed brings a solid conservative perspective and new viewers. It apparently worked since Bull Moose is watching.

Two years ago, the AJC ran more stories on the front page about Ralph Reed during six months as a candidate than they have about about Casey Cagle since he actually became the Lieutenant Governor. Just because the AJC hated Ralph doesn’t mean I have to. Welcome back Ralph.

11. GOP Girl says:

That’s right…just keep drinking that kool aid……

Casey Cagle manages to get his work done quietly and drama free.

RR can’t slide his foot in his Gucci shoe without calling a press conference.

12. DMZDave says:

GOP Girl, I didn’t raise the issue of the AJC’s lack of coverage of Casey Cagle as a criticism of his performance, he’s been great. I raised it because it demonstrates that the AJC’s only interest in the Lite Guv race was as an opportunity to abuse Ralph Reed. Not sure why you are similarly invested in that AJC goal. I say it again, Ralph is doing a great job on CNN and I’m happy for him and I appreciate the work he did on behalf of Republicans in Georgia.

13. GOP Girl says:

Obviously, some of us that worked on that campaign between RR and CC have some open wounds that still have not healed.

Regardless, Bull Moose’s comments were not so much directed AT RR (like mine were) but more about RR’s apparent bias against McCain.

14. StevePerkins says:

I’m not a Reed fan by any means, but I’m with Buzz on this one. The guy’s simply serving as a commentator. Every commentator has a personal history, and his or her own personal opinions. So what if he likes or dislikes some of the candidates? Sean Hannity is strongly anti-Paul, and I’m cool with that. I know that you’re a McCain supporter, Moose… but “outrage” over the fact that a McCain foe landed a commentary job somewhere just strikes me as a bit silly.

15. juliobarrios says:

Actually I didn’t see anything in Bull Moose’s leading thread comment that gave a specific instance of RR’s bias.

16. GOPeach says:

I am sure Ralph Reed is with Rudy – That is where Ralph & I must part ways. I respect Ralph’s calculating moves. He always has a reason for all that he does. Nothing is meaningless. I like Ralph.
    He’s a good man…. I love to hear him laugh.

17. debbie0040 says:

“ConservativeCaucus // Jan 10, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Any predictions?”

I still would not support Tax Hike Mike.

If Ralph did endorse anyone, it would probably be either Rudy or Mitt.

18. Mike Hauncho says:

Ralph knows politics and I doubt his days of running for office are behind him. Even though he did not win he is still one of the most influential and powerful Republicans in Georgia. You may not like to hear that but it is true.

19. Mike Hauncho says:

BTW Ralph will be speaking at the BuckSprings breakfast on Saturday the 19th at 8:30 at the Jason’s Deli on the corner of P’Tree and Piedmont.

20. SpaceyG says:

Reed was apparently born utterly devoid of a sense of humor, not to mention a sense of irony. Where’s Bob Dole when you need him? Dole is (was?) sharp, wry, and funny as hell, and hon, the nets could all use a little of that about right now. Writers’ strike and all that, of course.

21. Bull Moose says:

Come on… I’m not outraged, but I don’t think his commentary on McCain is accurate. It’s as simple as that.

It’s ironic isn’t it Spacey? Reed commentating on McCain’s success…

22. GOPeach says:

Spacey – LOL … you have a point!

That is what is so refreshing about HUCKABEE!
    He makes me laugh -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dFkzSgrVPI

23. TrueConservative says:

Ralph Reed should be in Jail. The Abermoff scandals resulted in us loosing the house after Delays fall from grace. Burns lost his senate seat in Montana because of Ralph and Abermoff costing the GOP the Senate. Now Ralph is trying to cost us the White House by making Romney the nominee,

24. GOPeach says:

God has had mercy on Ralph because was truly sorry he took the business….

As hard as that may be for Joe Public to believe –
    It is true.

25. Brian Laurens says:

I think Ralph did a fine job. Some people need to get over past races. When it is all done, we have to get behind our nominee…that includes you Jade.

26. Brian Laurens says:

And for the ones on the other side, well, they should be thanked for their commitment to trying to make our community, state, and country better.

27. GOPeach says:

I would say this to all who were wounded in 2006 RR vs. CC is to try to apologize to ANYONE they PERSONALLY offended and caused public damage to them.

I am very serious. It is the key to your future in politics. To fail to do this very humbling thing will haunt you make the road ahead very rough.

I speak from over 4o years in politics.

28. TrueConservative says:

Laurens, you loathed Reed. You flip flop just like your fake candidate. Have you ever heard on standing on principle?

29. Brian Laurens says:

TC, you are right. I supported Casey Cagle. So I think my statement rings truer than ever.

It was a primary man, we won. Now it is time to get over it.

As far as principle, everyone that knows me can attest that I stand firmly on principle even if that ship is going down. Ralph Reed is not a policy, he is a person. Just like every other candidate we have. Just because we do not agree with them and will never vote for them, does not mean that they are not fine individuals. Just that they may not be great candidates. Grow up man. In the end our goals are they same, we just have different strategies and tactics.

30. TrueConservative says:

Would a principled Christian support a Mormon for the white house? Where exactly do your principles come from?
    For the truth on Mormonism and those unprincpled Christians supporting Romney: