Women Leaders Go Obama Wild!

Governor Napolitano (AZ), Governor Sebelius (KS), and a third high-ranking Red State female elected official are planning to announce their endorsement of Obama. You heard it here first on PP. My how we do get around.

1. juliobarrios says:

I hear they’ll be even more women endorsements of Obama – because he is so good looking.

2. shep1975 says:

Obama is very much still a very viable candidate. He only lost by 3% in NH and will handily win the next group of states that have significant minority populations as part of the Democrat primary voters. It’s pretty safe to still endorse Obama. I would wonder about their judgement if they were endorsing Edwards at this point.

3. JRM2016 says:

I think suggesting black voters will vote for Obama because of his skin color (as many in the MSM have already done) is incorrect. The black political leadership in many states is uniformly behind Clinton (excepting Georgia where we do have a division). Also, it must be noted the historical support among black Democrats for Bill Clinton. Whether that will definitively translate to Hillary at this point is purely a matter for speculation, but to suggest that she cannot win southern primaries because she won’t even be competitive with this voting bloc I think is premature and not supported by the facts.

4. drjay says:

i know in your own county calvin smyre is part of team hillary but i still expect rank and file black voters to go very strongly for obama–i remember in 92 when there was talk of quayle being dumped for powell an article in i beleive the wsj (although it may have been an ap story the sav’h paper picked up) in it an afican american granmother was interviewed and said basically that she was not a gop and did not really agree w/ bush41 but that she would vote for him w/ powell b/c she did not know how she would look her grandson in the eye and say she had a chance to vote for a man of color to be vice president of the united states and chose not to do so…i imagine that appeal will be even more widespread for a black us senator running as a democrat in that community…

5. sndeak says:

NH Delegates. They order of finish for Clinton/Obama really didn’t matter since they both got the same number of delegates. It would have taken a landslide to effect the delegate counts and that was not going to happen.

6. Still Looking says:

I agree with drjay. Obama’s electric speaking style is going to convert voters regardless of endorsements from some African-American leadership for HRC. What’s to lose? If HRC wins she is acceptable to black voters, too.

What I find so attractive about Obama’s candidacy is the opportunity to raise the level of political discourse. We won’t hear all this vitrol about Hillary from talk radio and Faux News.

7. shep1975 says:

I don’t expect black voters to vote for Obama simply because he’s black (although there will be a lot who do), but for the same reason that he won IA and barely lost NH, two of the more unethnically diverse states in the nation. Many of the “black leaders” who endorsed HRC did so when they believed that Obama was not a viable candidate. Now I would have to say he’s more than just competitive, though not quite willing to say it’s his race to lose.

8. drjay says:

i don’t think they will vote for him simply b/c he’s black–but b/c he is black and viable-in a way no other african american running for prez has ever been- w/ apologies to chisholm, jackson and keyes-clearly sharpton did not win any primaries in 04 for instance

9. GOPeach says:

I just visited Obama’s B-L-A-C-K church!

Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned.

Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join Obama’s church… B-L-A-C-K!!!

Strip away his nice looks, the big smile and smooth talk and what do you get? Certainly a racist, as plainly defined by the stated position of his church! And possibly a covert worshiper of the Muslim faith, even today. This guy desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa!

Look at this -http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

Now… I have been in MUSLIM countries many times and when a MUSLIM converts to CHRISTIANITY they to be punished by death.

I am actually very disturbed about OBAMA.

10. GOPeach says:

Still Looking –

Let me ask you something Darlin-

If Mike Huckabee had pastored a WHITE ONLY CHURCH – Do you think everyone would remain quiet about that??????

Not no….but HELL NO!!!

If John McCain attended a WHITE MEMBERS ONLY CHURCH … Do you think the media would look the other way????

ANYONE who attends a ( Name your Race ) ONLY CHURCH has ISSUES!!!

NOT Presidential Material!

11. GOPeach says:

Still Looking –

You are in D E N I A L – That is why you are “Still Looking” …. which I doubt seriously…

Good try though – 🙂

12. Still Looking says:

Dear GOPeach,

You aren’t just distrubed about Obama, you are just flat-out disturbed.

Your claims are completely unsubstantiated. (I encourage others to see the above referenced website). You have done nothing but manufacture and spread lies, distortions and paranoia. It is not only shameful of you but harmful to the democratic process.

I hope the tin foil hat helps, but I think more is needed.