Dixville Notch results & NH Predictions

The good folks of New Hampshire take great pride in holding the nation’s first primary, and the Dixville Notch take great pride in being the first in New Hampshire in casting their vote. This morning Dixville Notch voted and the results are:

GOP:

Clinton – 29
    Edwards -15

McCain – 35
    Romney – 26
    Huckabee – 15

Clinton and Romney spin…

GOP likely left with Giuliani, McCain and Huckabee. What happens then?

2. Bull Moose says:

McCain wins by double digits. It sends a message.

Next up: Michigan.

I think Romney stays in through Michigan. If he loses there, he drops out of the race.

I think the perilous thing of today is that Rudy actually made an effort in New Hampshire and may do very poorly. That does not bode well for his future efforts.

Visit http://www.georgiansformccain.com for more commentary.

3. Bull Moose says:

And on the Dem side, Obama wins.

Clinton is just going to have to retool her message and her delivery.

4. Still Looking says:

New Hampshire Predictions:

McCain 35
    Romney 32
    Huckabee 14
    Paul 9
    Rudy 8
    Sleepy 3

Obama 45
    HRC 30
    Edwards 20
    Richardson 5

5. SouthATL says:

Well, I am sure Obama will win on the Dem side. I am not sure who will pull out a victory on the GOP side. I am hoping and praying that it is Mitt Romney. John McCain needs to go back to the Senate where he can be part of the Democrat majority where he belongs. Sorry if that offends anyone, then again maybe I’m not.

6. StevePerkins says:

There are only 17 voters left in Dixville Notch?!? I know that its always been a small hamlet… but when I was first old enough to remember presidential races (Bush-Dukasis, Bush-Clinton), I remember there being a hundred or two voters in the Dixville figure. At less than 20 people, it no longer makes much sense to report on it.

7. StevePerkins says:

Oh and Buzz, I know you’re a Fred guy and all… but you are absolutely smoking crack to have Thompson in 4th place. The polls have him at 2%… it’s not inconceivable that he could lose to Duncan Hunter.

8. Bull Moose says:

Hilarious!

The best line was from Sean Hannity last night when he said, don’t count out a strong performance by Fred Thompson today…

I was like, what is lightening striking and no one knows? I mean, I respect him and all, but he’s literally in the category of “others” in New Hampshire…

9. Doug Deal says:

Not sure of the actual percentage values, but I will list the margin of victory over the next lowest candidate.

McCain (by double digits)
    Romney (by 5-10 points)
    Huckabee (by 5 points)
    Paul (by 1-2 points)
    Rudy (5 points)
    Thompson

Obama (by 8-12 points)
    Clinton (by 5 points)
    Edwards (10-20 points)
    Richardson

10. Dave says:

Watching Bill and Hillary today has been hilarious. Hillary was blubbering like a weakling and saying Obama was no MLK and Bill was calling Obama a fairy tale! Bill hasn’t been this excited since he swabbed off on Monica’s dress…LMAO!

11. Goldwater Conservative says:

If McCain ends up being the nominee, we need to be very cautious about who the VP nominee is. The guy is as old as I am.

12. Dave says:

No worries Mr. Goldwater, he’ll pick some young, capable whippersnapper to take the reigns in the event of the Big One. Jeb, maybe?

13. Goldwater Conservative says:

God I hope not Jeb. I was thinking that Tom Ridge would be a decent nominee. Jeb has the stigma of being a Bush…and I think the country would like a breather from the clinton/bush regimes. You know…it has been since 1976 that we had a pres. ticket without a bush or clinton on the ballot. the dynasties need to vanish.

14. John Konop says:

Dave

Did you see this?

Hillary Clinton said on the Today Show today with Matt Lauer that Barack Obama “hasn’t done the spadework necessary to be president.”

15. Brian Laurens says:

Independents all vote in the Democratic primary either for Iraq Hussein Osama or against Hillary. In any case they do not vote for McCain because of it.

Romney
    McCain
    Huckabee
    Ron Paul
    Rudy
    Fred

Obama
    Edwards
    Hillary

McCain drops out of the marathon tonight with a concession speech.

16. Dave says:

You’re right, Mr. Goldwater. Two seconds after I posted it, I thought of Bush fatigue. Jeb is a capable guy, to be sure, but it’s just not his time. Maybe the current FL governor. He’d be good and from a key, key state.