Dale Cardwell Declares His Message Heard

After a week of braving below freezing temperatures at the top of a 320-foot high tower, Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Dale Cardwell will put both feet back on the ground today at 10:00a.m.

The Cardwell campaign issued the following statement this morning:

Dale says he accomplished his goal, explaining that “everyday Georgians have all but lost the ability to control their government, and must elect an Independent Senator who will shun special interest cash and work only for the people.” While suspended on a 2 and ½ feet wide by 6 feet long metal platform, Dale has been discussing solutions to health care, immigration and the energy crisis with hundreds of citizens who have written Dale e-mails or have tuned in to his live 24/7 web cam. His solutions have also been featured in interviews with Fox News Channel, CNN, most of Georgia’s television, newspaper and radio news stations. There has even been media interest in Dale’s message from across the country and around the world.

1. GeorgiaValues says:

If Dale has accomplished his goal and Georgians have “heard his message” about how bad things are, we should expect to see an outpouring of financial support and and a groundswell of grassroots support from Democratic primary voters. I highly doubt this will actually happen.

At the end of the day, Dale has defined himself as the nut who sat up on a tower in Atlanta.

2. SpaceyG says:

Being suspended that high up above an urban area in freezing temperatures for so long has likely resulted in hallucinations and delusional thinking. Or maybe they just got worse under those kinda conditions?

3. Ms_midtown says:

The Obama bandwagon is generating all kinds off energy and youth involvement.
    African – American and youth turnout is going to be exceptionally high this year in the Dem primary.
    Understand that and you’re a winner.
    Imitate Cardwell you’re a loser.

4. Ga_Fact_checker says:

I for one am impressed that Dale took the opportunity to have himself heard. His message has made a difference.
    I’d rather read and listen to positive ideas.

5. GeorgiaValues says:

GA_Fact_Checker – How has his message/stunt made a difference?

1) It hasn’t raised him any money.
    2) It has completely removed the notion that he might be a serious candidate.
    3) It further demonstrated that his message is 100% negative and filled with nothing more than personal attacks, so I don’t know what “positive ideas” you’re listening to (other than Rush Limbaugh who was the soundtrack to his little stunt).
    4) It is completely devoid of any serious policy initiatives.

6. Icarus says:

“As I read the negative comments here and some other places, I am reminded of the two old curmudgeons who used to ridicule everything on the Muppet show.”

I loved those guys. They made the show worth watching.

7. The Comma Guy says:

Statler and Waldorf

I miss that show as a whole. Looking forward to getting the DVD to share with the kids when they are older.

8. rugby_fan says:

I, for one, thought they had a sunny disposition.

9. Icarus says:

Don’t beat yourself up too much Rugby.

It’s the combination of Nyquil, Cleratin, Mucinex, Halls cough drops, and a few home herbal remedies that is making me much smarter today than normal.

Otherwise, I probably would have just posted this:

10. crazy_bastard says:

What a hotard… are you really trying to tell me that any of you would consider voting for a guy running for US Senate that has sat on top of a pole for a couple of days… well, Larry Craig was elected. I take that back.

How much do you think it cost to keep that security down there all hours of the night and day. I cannot wait to see the disclosures on that one.

We’ll see if those people that gave money to him think that was a responsible way to spend…

11. juliobarrios says:

Has anyone seen the “Dale Cares” signs with the smiley-face balloons all over the grounds around the Corey Media tower?

It perhaps the most inane campaign slogan I’ve ever seen from a candidate. Is the demographic he’s targeting a bunch of uneducated, knee-jerk morons.

12. Goldwater Conservative says:

If he declared his message heard…does that mean that he will go ahead and concede defeat?