Vernon Jones makes the list of “most influential Georgians”

And he’s in it to win it…the Senate race that is.

Georgia Trend magazine, “the magazine of Georgia business & politics since 1985”, has named DeKalb County CEO Vernon Jones to its “100 Most Influential Georgians” listing.

Also, that little rumor about Vernon running against Hank Johnson is as phony as a three dollar bill, y’all (for two points, what band had an album titled “Three Dollar Bill Y’all”?).

1. Rusty says:

Vernon and Lou Walker used to gang up on Hank like a pair of first grade bullies shaking down kindergarteners for nickels.

I still remember a disinformation campaign they waged against him in 2003 where Super Lou sent out a press release saying Hank was running for CEO right before he was supposed to head out for a vacation in Hawaii.

Prior to that, Lou scheduled a press conference at the same time as the county commission meeting, knowing that reporters would skip it and knowing he wouldn’t have to answer any questions about the release.

Vernon played dumb the entire time, leaving Hank out to dry.

Some friend. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him switch over to the 4th District race next week.

On second thought, maybe he’ll wait until Hank is about to go on vacation.

2. Still Looking says:

Hank is smart enough to watch his back when Vernon is in the room. Vernon is like Clinton: Lots of charm and good looks, not enough scrupples and a missed opportunity.

3. juliobarrios says:

I know Vernon is basically DOA against Saxby, but it’s hard to get out of the Senate race when your number one Democrat rival has been sitting on top of a pole for the last few days.

4. Rogue109 says:

“Lots of charm and good looks, not enough scrupples and a missed opportunity.”

Uh, have you met Snuggles (a.k.a. Mr. CEO)? It sounds like you are describing someone else.

5. Still Looking says:

Yeah, many times. He had to be somewhat appealing to win the first CEO primary, which was hard fought against at least two decent and more experienced candidates.

He has his mean as hell side too.

6. Andre Walker says:

South Fulton Guy,

Yeah, all that’s true…

…Congrats on “exposing” me to the masses.

Here’s a news tip for your next story…

I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Georgia Democratic primary and contributed money to her campaign.

Uh-oh…someone call the FBI or the CIA; a blogger took sides in a campaign and made some money too. It must be a federal offense!

Seriously though, South Fulton Guy, I am really flattered that you like to follow my every electronic move. Now tell the truth, you probably have at least fifty of my blog entries bookmarked on your computer, don’t you? You know, I’ve never had a groupie before and it’s a little overwhelming.

So, South Fulton Guy, when are you going to start that “Andre Walker Fan Club”? If you want, I’ll even send you an autographed picture. You just better not get all crazy and such like that priest that was stalking Conan O’Brien.

7. SouthFultonGuy says:

Andre,

Is that why you tried to hack email email account? Here’s the warning email I got when you tried to get a website to hack my email acount in August:

——————————————————

From: [email protected]
    Date: Aug 10, 2007 5:19 PM
    Subject: A.Walker Tried Hacking You
    To: [email protected]

Dear South Fulton Guy,

Your friend A.Walker whose email address is [email protected] has asked us to hack you from the IP Address 131.96.91.110 on 10.08.2007 at 15:19:00 (EST). However we do not do such evil things and that’s why we emailed you to let you know.

Here is the reason why your friend A.Walker wants to hack you:

“Internal emails have been spread around the web and I need to find out who this person is in order to plug the leak.”

Our website fools people like A.Walker into thinking that we are hackers and that we do hacking for FREE! (how insane), however we are here only to name and shame those who try hacking their friends.

We have also informed A.Walker that they have been framed and that we have also emailed you.

Finally,

Take care in this dangerous world…

Hack My Friend Team (http://www.hackmyfriend.com )

PS: hope this hasn’t affected your friendship with A.Walker (if it has, they have been an ass to you anyway)

8. SouthFultonGuy says:

I guess you have an affinity for my posts and want to impersonate me. Perhaps that’s why you tried to hack my email account last year with your georgians for jones email address. Here’s the head’s up warning I got from the site that caught you in the act with their sting:

From: [email protected]
    Date: Aug 10, 2007 5:19 PM
    Subject: A.Walker Tried Hacking You
    To: [email protected]

Dear South Fulton Guy,

Here is the reason why your friend A.Walker wants to hack you:

Finally,

Take care in this dangerous world…

Hack My Friend Team (http://www.hackmyfriend.com )

9. SouthFultonGuy says:

Andre,

I guess you have an affinity for my inconvenient posts and want to impersonate me. Perhaps that’s why you tried to hack my email account last year with your

10. SouthFultonGuy says:

Andre,

John 8:32 says Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

11. Demonbeck says:

That would be Limp Biskit, Andre. The album had a wonderful cover of George Michael’s “Faith.”

12. SouthFultonGuy says:

Andre,

I just guess you have an affinity for my inconvenient posts and want to impersonate me.

Perhaps that’s why you tried to hack my email account last year with your

13. SFG says:

Andre,

14. SFG says:

Andre,

15. RuralDem says:

“FYI, if Vernon Jones wins the July primary, he automatically becomes a member of the DPG State Committee by virtue of his being the 2008 Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate.”

Um, isn’t this true for any candidate who wins the Democratic nomination?

16. liberator says:

Vernon did veto that Fascist Bill that would have forced the Bars to close earlier in Dekalb! Have to give him credit for that as Closing Times are an infringement on Liberty! Let the Free-Market Reign free of nanny-state intrusions like closing times set by big brother.

17. Tea Party says:

liberator you are seriously mistaken about the bar closing time issue.

Based on my careful research, most existing popular, DeKalb bars currently do not utilize the 3:55AM closing time. The cost/benefit ratio works against these bars staying open until 3:55AM.

So what bars DO stay open to 3:55AM? You know ’em, the bars that stay open to 3:55AM have more incident reports from patrons and adjacent homeowners are not ‘good neighbors’.

Your point is specious and ill-founded, you should live behind the Hi-Top off Buford Highway.

True, VJ is a charismatic guy, with a strangely venal streak in him. He is one of the shrewdest pols I have ever seen, and has a loyal base. I think Veej is taking on Saxby to get a ‘gravy gig’ in DC, he knows he will lose, he is ‘taking one for the Party.’

PS Volpe: Keep up the good work, hombre’!