Roundhouse kick to Huckabee

This is pretty funny. (Hat Tip: Hot Air)

Anyone got a prediction for Iowa tomorrow night? I say…

Democrats:
Edwards
Obama
Clinton

Mrs. Bill Clinton’s in real trouble.

Republicans:
Romney
Huckabee
Thompson
McCain
Paul

GOP race won’t be decided for a long time.

BTW, I receive emails almost daily now with links to news articles critical of Huckabee. All the email addresses follow the format firstnamelastname – at – gmail.com. Anyone else getting these?

1. debbie0040 says:

I agree with both of you.

The emails I have been getting are just one or two sentences with a link. Pretty clear one of the political campaigns are orchestrating them. Smart strategy.

2. StevePerkins says:

My prediction for Iowa is that it will have little to no impact on the national race. When Kerry beat Dean in ’04, it was a big upset that got the nation buzzing (and Dean screaming). This year, though, the media is pushing underdogs so hard that it will be an upset if there ISN’T an upset.

I don’t see how an Edwards win would trigger any kind of sea-change on the Democratic side. It would simply dillute the “anti-Hillary” vote, and boost her from “likely” to win to “very likely” to win.

On the GOP side, Huckabee’s momentum looks stalled (I’ve been receiving the attack spam too). Even if Huck does win, he’s going to get creamed in “godless” New Hampshire… and with only a million or two in the bank I don’t think he has legs. I see Huck and Thompson gone shortly after South Carolina. The real story will be whether Romney or McCain finds enough momentum in the early states to fizzle out Rudy’s “slow start” strategy (and whether Paul performs strongly enough to shake up that calculus).

3. RuralDem says:

Iowa: Edwards, Huckabee

NH: Hillary, McCain

SC: Hillary, McCain

GA: Edwards, Huckabee

I see Thompson dropping out and endorsing McCain after NH or SC.

Ron Paul will fare better than Rudy and Thompson in Iowa.

I think Rudy’s decision to wait until the big primary day will hurt him.

I see people realizing that Obama and Romney are nothing more than hype and both will drop out quickly after failing in the early states.

I think the Democratic nomination will come down between Hillary and Edwards. The Republican nomination will come down between Huckabee and McCain.

In the end, Edwards or Huckabee, but not both, will make it to the General.

Overall Democrats will win the General unless Obama is the nominee.

4. Bull Moose says:

3. Obama (he drops out)

REPUBLICANS
    1. McCain
    2. Romney
    3. Huckabee
    4. Guiliani
    5. Thompson (he drops out)
    6. Paul

6. StevePerkins says:

One other prediction about Iowa. Every year we hear about “first-time voters”, the impact of the “youth vote”, etc. It never materializes, and isn’t going to this year either. If Obama squeaks by Hillary, it’s because Oprah convinced enough old grannys to caucus for him… there will be no army of 19-year olds marching in to turn the tables. Ron Paul may fare better, because his supporters have actually been coughing up money and have a little skin in the game.

However, every election is supposed to be THE YEAR when apathy is defeated, and non-political people come in from the cold to vote for the first time due to their passion for the issues of the day. Fun to talk about… never happens.

7. Ms_midtown says:

I like RuralDem’s prediction, with one change
    Obama wins SC and Georgia
    Remember Jesse Jackson won a few southern states in 1984.

Iowa: Edwards, Huckabee

NH: Hillary, McCain

SC: Hillary, McCain

GA: Edwards, Huckabee

8. ConservativeCaucus says:

Admitted, this is funny. Again, distorting the record, but funny.

Predictions:
    Dems
    1. Obama – 30
    2. Edwards – 29
    3. Clinton – 24

GOP
    1. Huckabee – 32
    2. Romney – 29
    3. McCain – 17

9. Doug Deal says:

Iowa Caucuses are always a crap shoot because of the hassles involved in participating.

On the Democratic side, I think that Obama will do better than expected because I have a gut feeling that he appeals more to likely caucus goers. So, Obama is first followed by Clinton and Edwards in a virtual tie.

On the Republican side, Paul is the most unpredictable. He has the motivation factor with enthusiastic supporters, but many are likely first time caucus goers that will still be first time caucus goers in 4 years, so I can see him going as high as 3rd to as low as 6th.

With the other candidates, I have them as follows (add Paul in where he finishes but the order of the rest will be the same)

Thompson will take it on the chin and finish at the bottom of the “serious candidates”, as will Giuliani, but I think everyone expects that. The winner will be Romney, with Huck and McCain in a virtual tie for second.

In the end, this will all have 0 impact on selecting the winner, but might help eliminate people with no chance.

10. Jmac says:

Democrats

IOWA
    1. Edwards
    2. Obama
    3. Clinton

NEW HAMPSHIRE
    1. Obama
    2. Clinton
    3. Edwards

SOUTH CAROLINA
    1. Obama
    2. Clinton
    3. Edwards

Edwards drops out, endorses Obama, who rolls then.

Republicans
    IOWA
    1. Huckabee
    2. Romney
    3. McCain

NEW HAMPSHIRE
    1. McCain
    2. Romney
    3. Giuliani

SOUTH CAROLINA
    1. McCain
    2. Huckabee
    3. Romney

No idea who endorses who.

11. juliobarrios says:

Steve-

I agree with you on Obama/Hillary – Dean/Kerry and would only add that Dean’s campaign never had any organizational depth – he was a flash-in-the-pan. Obviously, Hillary’s campaign is a little more organized.

12. shep1975 says:

I’m getting the gmail emails too. I suspect they are either Romney (who has the most to lose from a Huck victory) or Paul (who has the most internet savy supporters) people. But truthfully, I have no clue.

13. GOPeach says:

I suspect Romney is sending the gmails. He has been the nasty one …. be careful of those little pretty boys with the deep pockets – they get ugly fast!

Here are my predictions:

Democrats

IOWA
    1. Edwards
    2. Obama
    3. Clinton

NEW HAMPSHIRE
    1. Obama
    2. Clinton
    3. Edwards

SOUTH CAROLINA

1. Edwards
    2. Clinton
    3. Obama

Edwards drops out, endorses Obama, who rolls then.

Republicans

SOUTH CAROLINA
    1. Huckabee
    2. McCain
    3. Romney

14. rugby_fan says:

Bourbon. That’s what.

The fact she thinks the candidate who wins 66% of the primaries will drop out after winning another state shows something is wrong.

15. DMZDave says:

OK, I’ll play. Obama takes the IA and with the momentum takes NH because no one really wants Hillary. Edwards support continues to slip to Obama as the anti-Hillary candidate. The Huckster will blame his fall on Ed Rollins which is fair because he is truly a profane blowhard and Huck deserves what he gets for hiring him.

IA:
    Dems: Obama, Clinton, Edwards
    Reps: Huckster, Romney, McCain

NH:
    Dems: Obama, Clinton, Edwards
    Reps: McCain, Romney, Giuliani

SC The dynamic will change there as others drop but until we know who stays and who goes, anyone predicting SC is just guessing.

16. I’m getting the emails and replied to each one of them. I’m still satisfied with my pick.

The more this heats up, the more irritated I get with Romney. I had a chuckle this morning watching one of his ads on YouTube about trade with China. The man is intelligent and has a lot of great ideas that would benefit, but his holding company has dismantled many corporations and sent the jobs to the very country he wishes to establish “fair” trade with.

I’m certainly no economist, but if we continue to dismantle our industrial base we will weaken our country in a way that makes us completely subservient to our enemies.

It seems he

17. While I was in Connecticut I had an interesting conversation with a local there. He suspected that as the Obama vs. Clinton feud heightens, that Edwards will emerge and end up the nominee. It sounded pretty interesting. The one person, both Democrat and Republican I spoke with, were completely against was Hillary. None felt that Obama was qualified. They liked his rhetoric, but his experience was a detractor.

18. GOPeach says:

Jmac & Rugby –

I did not mean to write:
    “Edwards drops out, endorses Obama, who rolls then.”

I had used Jmac nice list as a format and then forgot to snip off that part… NOT DRINKING!!

Okay … the comment about Buzz is … well he is bashing Mike Huckabee like a little sissy or something… He seems like the type that would tell the PE coach that he can not dress out for gym class because he did not want to get SWEATY… a pretty boy…. like Mitt Romney and his varment shootings….

weird stuff.

19. debbie0040 says:

My understanding is the Fred will not be happy unless he finishes a strong third or even second in Iowa.

You can never tell what will happen…

20. John Konop says:

Debbie

Fred Thompson may drop out, back McCain

This is not the first time we have heard this rumor!

POLITICO-Several Republican officials close to Fred Thompson

21. ConservativeCaucus says:

I suppose it matters where you are coming from:

The author of the last article is a Romney supporter. Would you like me to produce the many writers who question Romney’s authenticity? Most of the ones that I have read aren’t declared as being in someone else’s camp.

I am disappointed that Fred didn’t take off. I am left to feel that if Huckabee and Thompson don’t make it, there is no one left for me.

22. debbie0040 says:

It is not just that author questioning Huckabee. Look at the ones that have questioned Huckabee. Rush Limbaugh, Sowell, Coulter, Noonan, Will, Novak, Schaffley, Makin, etc..

23. Dave says:

Obama will win SC for sure. It’s not a crap shoot. Those southern blacks will vote for him and not a carpetbagging Hillary. Take it to the bank.

24. John Konop says:

Debbie

The strange part is I am very neutral on Huckabee. But like Ron Paul all the hate people like you spew at Ron Paul and Huckabee makes me never want to vote for any Republican. The reason why Obama is getting some GOP support in Iowa is people are sick of it! The Democrats should pay you!