Here are my News Year’s predictions. Feel free to throw yours in the comments.
1. The GREAT Plan as we know it does not pass, but the Speaker takes credit for the GREAT Plan passing because tax reform of some kind, that will be called the GREAT Plan, will pass.
2. The GOP will keep the Georgia House and Georgia Senate, but the Democrats will pick up a couple of seats in each.
3. The House vs. Senate fighting will intensify and it will be body vs. body, not partisan. Nonetheless, the Democrats will seek to use it as a partisan wedge issue.
4. The Governor will play a more active role in budget battles during the session and will again ignore all spending directions given by the legislature. The General Asssembly will not fight him on it.
5. There will be new reservoirs. They will have houses around them.
6. Saxby Chambliss cruises to victory. John Barrow does too. Whoever wins GA08, it’ll be by 1% of the vote.
7. Lewis Massey will start building up his campaign for Governor in 2010. Mike Bowers will help him, making it a bipartisan affair against Johnny.
8. Insider Advantage will finally produce an accurate poll within the margin of error.
9. It will rain. Sonny will take credit for it.
10. Clayton will take time off from work and give Peach Pundit a new look.
11. Sonny will use his PAC to influence legislative races the way he wants them, not necessarily the way the base wants them.