Romney’s team in Georgia

State Director:

* Brandon Phillips

Steering Committee Chair:

* Ric Mayfield, Managing Director, SunTrust Banks

Statewide Leadership Committee:

* Johns Creek Mayor Mike Bodker
* Anna Cablik, President of Anatek, Inc.
* State Representative David Casas, House District 103
* State Representative Brooks Coleman, House District 97
* Fred Cooper, President of Cooper Capital
* Nancy Coverdell
* Mark DeMoss, President of the DeMoss Group
* State Representative Matt Dollar, House District 45
* State Representative Jan Jones, House District 46
* State Representative Jeff Lewis, House District 15
* State Representative Ed Lindsey, House District 54
* State Representative Chuck Martin, House District 47
* Joe McCutchen, President of Joe McCutchen Inc.
* State Representative Fran Millar, House District 79
* Senator Dan Moody, Senate District 56
* Commissioner Sam Olens, Cobb County Commission Chairman
* Jose Perez, Member of the State Board of Education
* Oscar Persons, Partner at Alston & Bird, LLP
* Spence Pryor, Senior Associate at Alston & Bird, LLP
* State Representative Bob Smith, House District 113
* Bryan Tolar, Georgia Agribusiness Council

Students For Romney Chair:

* Ruth Malhotra, Georgia Tech

Powered by ScribeFire.

1. debbie0040 says:

DES MOINES, Iowa – Rep. Tom Tancredo dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday and endorsed rival Mitt Romney.

Tancredo identified Mike Huckabee and John McCain as two Republican candidates whose records indicate they wouldn’t be tough enough on immigration.

Tancredo said he and Romney met Thursday for more than an hour and he left the meeting convinced that the former Massachusetts governor would do what’s necessary to fight illegal immigration.

2. GOPeach says:

Just got through reading the NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE …. ” Holy Huckabee”. EXCELLENT ARTICLE!

I suggest you all go out and buy a copy NOW! I had to go to 4 stores as they were all sold out.

3. GOPeach says:

I have an old campaign mailer from a campaign when Phil Gingrey was running against Cecil Staton.

Phil Gingrey bashed Cecil Staton for being a BAPTIST MINISTER!!!!

Now I see he has signed on with the ” Minister Bashing Bunch”.

Do it to us once, shame on you… Do it to us twice, Shame on…..

Let’s look at the Campaign Disclosures to see how much $$$$ Romney dropped into the GA BOYS…

4. debbie0040 says:

I can assure the reason most bash Huckabee is because of his RECORD. Him being a minister has nothing to do with it.

Obviously you think Hukcabee should not undergo the same scrutnity as the other candidates because of his record.

Say it with me, Huckabee’s record does matter. Huckabee’s record does matter…

5. Rick Day says:

My 3nd favorite Bible verse seems appropriate here:

Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.

of course, my 2nd favorite: Malachi 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

and Numero Uno on the Infallable Word ‘O God ™ countdown (and one I wish most politicians would REALLY take to heart):
    Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Peace out, y’all.

6. Carpe Forem says:

All this muscle for Romney and all Ron Paul has is Ike Hall and his misfit band of grassroot organizers.
    Well, Whitehead had the muscle in district 10 and Broun’s misfits were able to pull off the upset. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if the people vote for the status quo or for real change.

7. ConservativeCaucus says:

Nice team. Bummer on not being able to tell the truth. I beg you, watch this Clintonesque answer not to what the meaning of “is” is, but what the definition of “saw” means. The video is a piece about the back and forth b/w Huckabee and Romney, but you have got to see Romney’s answer… I bet President Clinton bit his lip and said to Romney, “I feel your pain.”

8. debbie0040 says:

CC, Maurice, your candidate, Huckabee, has flipped flopped on immigration. Just last year he was supportive of the Bush Senate Immigration Bill .

Huckabe has been caught lying about his record. Pretty hypocritical of you gusy to blast Romney when your candidate has done the same.

Under fire from conservatives, the former Arkansas governor misrepresents his tax hikes, and cuts.

Huckabee

9. John Konop says:

I was watching the Morning Joe and they claim the rumor is out if Thompson does badly in Iowa he may pull out and endorse McCain. In 1999 Thompson did endorse McCain over Bush.

10. debbie0040 says:

I heard the same rumor, but I have the feeling Thompson will do well in Iowa and still be in the race for Super Tuesday.

If he pulls out, I will go with either Mitt or Rudy,not McCain and definitely not Huckabee.

11. debbie0040 says:

Huckabee not credible on illegal immigration

One must wonder which Mike Huckabee Minuteman Project co-founder James Gilchrist has endorsed (“Illegals foes reject nod to Huckabee,” Nation, Thursday). Is it the Mr. Huckabee who said that opposition to amnesty for illegal aliens was “driven by racism or nativism” and pushed for in-state tuition for illegal aliens as governor of Arkansas?

Is it the Mr. Huckabee who wrote in his book this year that strict enforcement of our immigration laws would be “sheer folly”? Or is it the Mr. Huckabee who described Arizona’s legislation requiring proof of citizenship to vote and demonstration of eligibility to access public benefits as “inflammatory race-baiting demagoguery”?

Or is it the candidate Huckabee with the Clintonian “anything-for-a-vote,” sudden, poll-driven, new-and-improved position on the organized crime of illegal immigration, illegal employment and our unsecured borders?

D.A. KING

President

Dustin Inman Society

Marietta Ga.

12. Carpe Forem says:

-Never voted for a tax increase
    -Never voted for an unbalanced budget
    -Wants the border secured and no amnesty to illegal emigration
    -Commited to home and charter schooling as an alternative o government education
    -Wants Roe v. Wade reversed and the issue returned to the States
    -Wants to shrink the size of the Federal Government
    -Wants to reduce Federal spending
    -One of only three congressmen to support Reagan from the beginning
    -Supports privacy and personal Liberty
    -Smaller government, Lower taxes, Less spending, More Freedom.

Now this sounds like a real conservative, I wish he was running for President.

He is … Ron Paul

13. debbie0040 says:

At leats Rudy is a fiscal conservative and has changed his position on immigration just like Huckabee has. Rudy is also tough on crime and has not pardoned murderers and rapists…

Rudy is also not trying to hide his record behind religion..

14. ConservativeCaucus says:

good post Carpe Forem.

Ron Paul is indeed a conservative on the role of government and has had a principled career. Regarding domestic politics, it would be hard to find a better voting record on these issues.

Although he doesn’t have my vote, he certainly has my respect.

15. GOPeach says:

It’s shake down time.

No matter how anyone feels about Gov. Mike Huckabee’s “record”, you have to admire a person who has gone from an ” unknown” to the front cover of Newsweek magazine, top 3 in Iowa and South Carolina, spending the least amount of money and getting the very most media coverage.

If we would all just take a minute and look at what ANY Republican President would be up against with a democrat Congress – Which candidate has the very most experience with that?

Which republican candidate has had EXECUTIVE experience with a democrat LEGISLATURE???

Now let’s all imagine a White House with NO Coffee or Tea????? Are you kidding me???
    What do these people drink???? Koolaid?

16. John Konop says:

I think McCain and Huckabee are working together. If you notice they never take shots at each other. And both of them would help the other one as a VP candidate. Huckabee gains on foreign policy and McCain gains with support from social conservatives.

17. GOPeach says:

John-

Mike Huckabee’s wife is Janet McCAIN Huckabee.

I see there could be something to that ALSO!!!!

That would be amazing!!! I would love to see that too.

18. GOPeach says:

Gov. Huckabee has always said he would not mind being the Vice President.

That is why he would make a great President or VP.

He just wants to lead where the door opens. No ego.

19. joe4cobb says:

Huckabee is a “one hit wonder”. The only reason why he’s doing well now is because he’s a new face. People were tired of Mitt, McCain and Rudy and Huckabee was there. Granted, he may still win but what in the world does he bring to the ticket as a VP? Maybe he brings some regional stability to the ticket but other than that he brings nothing.

20. debbie0040 says:

It gets more and more interesting:

Another Gingrich ally signs up with Giuliani
    Friday, December 21, 2007, 12:47 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Rudy Giuliani campaign has released the names of three more Georgians who have pledged their support to the Republican presidential candidate.

State Sen. John Wiles of Cobb County? Not a surprise. Former state GOP chairman Chuck Clay? He was seen on the Marietta square with Giuliani earlier this month.

Then there

21. debbie0040 says:

Jackson if you want to be sexually assaulted, go join the North Carolina Football team or be Santa Claus at the mall… 🙂

22. GOPeach says:

Jace –

You are the dirty one.

I was thinking of a conference call not anything “dirty”…. C’mon….. get your mind out of the gutter.

23. GOPeach says:
  24. GOPeach says:

LOL!!
    Hahahahahahahaha

I just got an-email from a College Republican at UGA who is a HUGE Huckabee supporter –

He is making T-shirts for the Sugar Bowl that say-

HUCK YOU! 🙂

Lord have mercy…. What next???!!!!!

25. debbie0040 says:

I know a lot of pro life people that support Rudy because he can beat Hillary.

You are way off base calling all Rudy supporters moderate.

Face the fact that Huckabee can not win and he would be a laughingstock in November…

I would support Rudy before I would support the Huckster…

Huckabee would probably commute Obama’s sentence if he were ever caught and sentenced.

26. debbie0040 says:

Peach, you stepped over the line making fun of people like John Wiles and Chuck Clay for supporting Rudy. That was uncalled for.

They may end up having the last laugh.

Have you thought about what you will do when Huckabee’s bubble burst?

27. John Konop says:

Debbie

I do not support Obama, but using his name like he is a terrorist is flat out racist! Obama is a Christian and not a Muslim. If he was white I am sure you of not made the slip up!

You are the same way with illegal immigration. The issue to me is about the exploitation of people. It seems clear it is about you not feeling comfortable with people of a different color! People like you have hurt the immigration movement because people can see it is about race with people like you not about immigration

28. GOPeach says:

No Debbie… I am not way off base calling Rudy supporters ” Moderates” …

Don’t know that I have ever quoted myself – 🙂

You see the trouble with the RUDY AWAKENINGS is that THEY are a ONE ISSUE ( tunnel vision) bunch!

” Who ever can beat Hillary” ….. Gag me with the Twin Towers and a Navy Blue Dress!!!!

HillaRudy is a COMBO!!! They are the same!

I will NEVER EVER vote RUDY!!! I may as well vote Hillary!!!! There is NO difference!!!! None whatseoever!!!!

All the Rudy supporters are MODERATES!!!!
    Do you hear me???? modeRATeS! Mod-Rats!
    or Mob Rats!!!!

Makes me want to sick Uncle Ted on those Rats!

29. GOPeach says:

Debbie….

Have you ever thought what will happen when Mike Huckabee wins and you have made it you job to SLAM EVERYTHING about him….

Are you going to vote democrat just to save face????

30. GOPeach says:

*your job….

You crossed the line a month ago! You have sailed over the waterfall… In fact you have made me and others want to FIGHT for MIKE HUCKABEE!!! I was for Ron Paul before you started bashing Mike Huckabee. I am glad to be supporting him now!

I will stick to my guns. ( literally) 🙂

31. GOPeach says:

Hillary would beat Rudy like a yard dog.

Rudy – a Catholic married 3 times!
    Hillary – a Methodist married once to womanizer.

Seeee???? Scary huh?

32. debbie0040 says:

John why don’t you get a life and get over your loss to Tom? I meant Osama not Obama. It was a mistake. I was answering Peach’s comments about the t’shirt.

Opposing illegal immigration is not racist. I am not racist and I will not sit still for your typical wild accusations.

I am sooo glad you got trounced by Tom Price. I shudder to think of you in D.C.

33. debbie0040 says:

Rice Rejects Huckabee Criticism

Dec 21 11:43 AM US/Eastern
    38 Comments

Rice: ‘Ludicrous’ To Call Foreign Policy Arrogant and Unilateral

WASHINGTON (AP) – In a brief foray into politics, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Friday denounced comments by a leading Republican presidential candidate that the Bush administration’s foreign policy is arrogant and unilateral.
    “The idea that somehow this is a go-it-alone policy is just simply ludicrous,” she said at a State Department news conference. “One would only have to be not observing the facts, let me say that, to say that this is now a go-it-alone foreign policy.”

Her remarks came in response to a question about criticism from former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who has surged in the polls to become a front-runner in the upcoming Iowa caucuses for the GOP presidential nomination. Huckabee recently said the administration’s foreign policy was characterized by a “bunker mentality.”

34. Bill Simon says:

Well, the most important thing about this list for Romney is that they spelled Ric Mayfield’s first name correctly.

If they hadn’t a-done that, Ric would have likely resigned. 🙂

35. debbie0040 says:

John, I am not going to respond to you anymore. You distort facts and personally attack someone because they don’t see eye to eye with you.

It is clear that you are still very bitter over your humilating loss to Tom Price.

If memory serves me correctly, you even supported the Democrat after you lost.

You said experts said that if you had faced Tom in the General Election, it would have been close.
    What experts were you referring to? Perhaps, Larry, Curly and Moe?

It is not racist to oppose ILLEGAL immigration. People like you that support it try to silence those that oppose by calling them racists and that is not true.

Any moron can see that I was responding to Peach’s comments about the t shirt. Many have made the same slip…

36. debbie0040 says:

Peach, you said you would not support Rudy if he were the nominee. What if Rudy supporters felt the same way about Huckabee?

There are Reed supporters that are in Rudy’s and Mitt’s camp. To say they are moderates is ridiculous.

You don’t see supporters of other candidates bashing those that support Huckabee.

Conservative Caucus is a huge Huckabee supporter and I have never once seen him bash supporters of other candidates. The same can be said for Maurice…

37. ConservativeCaucus says:

Debbie is right on that. If Huckabee is the nominee, we will need the supporters of the other candidates in order to defeat Hillbama. After typing that… I like that: Hillbama. Sorry to digress.

We all clearly have opinions about who is the best leader and who makes the best candidate for November, but we do need to come together after February. I have said to myself, “I won’t vote for _________ if he gets the nomination” at times – but that was an overreaction on my part.

We need all of the different parts of the conservative coalition to come together when it is all said and done. The fiscal conservatives will be horrified to get nationalized health care if they desert a Huckabee candidacy. Social conservatives will be horrified to see the drastic changes in our social policy if they desert a Giuliani or Romney candidacy. Small government and foreign policy conservatives will be shocked to have Hillbama leading our country as well.

I think it is fair to duke it out here, but once our nominee is chosen, let’s work together and beat Hillbama, the threat to all of the things that we hold dear.

38. Tea Party says:

Tea Party Predicts:

Hillary and Obama are unelectable, neither will get nominated… Edwards will get the nomination, but his accent will hurt him.

Fred is gone, McCain will take a nomination. Huckabee/Mitt are not what they represent to the voters. They should go away.

We really need a Ron Paul/ Dennis K. ticket, not gonna happen…

It will be “The Edwards V. McCain election”

We’ll see, huh?

39. joe says:

“We need all of the different parts of the conservative coalition to come together when it is all said and done. ”

All of the different parts of the conservative coalition already support Ron Paul. You want the elements of the liberal wing of the GOP to unite.

40. debbie0040 says:

Conservative Caucus, Amen!!! I couldn’t agree more.

I may have issues with some of our GOP candidates, but the truth is they are all better than the Hildebeast.

The next President will appoint one or two Supreme Court Justices. I would rather Fred, Rudy, McCain, Huckabee, Romney or Paul appoint them than Hillary.

41. John Konop says:

Debbie

Your post demonstrate how will say anything knowing it is not true to make your point. As with your Obama racist line you are trying to use the same distortion tactic to say I endorsed Steve Sinton.

The truth is I am an independent now I have made no secret of my distaste of this blind following of a party or candidates like a groupie in a rock band.

As far as immigration, you know I was outspoken about this issue before racist like you found it as a way to attack people of a different race. You do not want to solve the immigration problem; this issue just gives you another outlet to spew your hate!

I will pray for you to be able to see the truth and accept people beyond race.

42. John Konop says:

If you or Rush had any class you would find this way over the line of decency! For you to attack Huckabee on ethics and know this story while supporting Rudy demonstrates your value system.

Giuliani Defends, Employs Priest Accused of Molesting Teens

WOW!! CAN ANYONE DEFEND RUDY?

ABC-Presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani hired a Catholic priest to work in his consulting firm months after the priest was accused of sexually molesting two former students and an altar boy and told by the church to stop performing his priestly duties.

The priest, Monsignor Alan Placa, a longtime friend of Giuliani and the priest who officiated at his second wedding to Donna Hanover, continues to work at Giuliani Partners in New York, to the outrage of some of his accusers and victims

43. GOPeach says:

Debbie-

Please explain to me….

HOW a TRUE PRO-LIFE VOTER can support a candidate who supports PRO-DEATH.

The ONLY way is if they put $$$$$$$$ before Babies.

They are Fiscal FIRST and Social Second.

We CONSERVATIVES call that MODERATE –
    To but the almighty dollar before the LIFE of a BABY is lower than a snakes belly.

The Ralph Reed supporters who are now with RUDY are a HUGE disappointment to the PRO-LIFE BASE….

There are priorities. What are yours????

To vote for Rudy is to NOT be Pro-Life!!!

44. GOPeach says:
  45. debbie0040 says:

The Cooler has obtained documents that show Mike Huckabee received $378,000 in consulting fees during 2006, while he was still governor of Arkansas.

Most noteworthy, $35,000 came from Novo Nordisk, one of the world’s largest embryonic stem cell researchers. It seems that when money is at stake Huckabee may be able to look past his supposedly fervent opposition to this procedure

He also received speaking fees and honoraria from churches while Governor.

It is certainly calls into question whether or not it is appropriate for a Governor to be taking a consulting fee from interest groups, as Huckabee did, when issues surrounding that interest group could come across his desk.

46. debbie0040 says:

[email protected]” wrote:
    From: “[email protected]
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [kingdom-alert-update] #300 (12-22-07)
    Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:34:11 -0500
    HUCK-STER’S AND THE GULLIBILITY OF MODERN CHRISTIANS

Why are people so easily misled? Why do corrupt preachers and politicians have such an easy time deceiving people? How many times will Christians fall for the same lies? All a person has to do is mention “Jesus” and use a few religious phrases, and the simple-minded are ready to give him (or her) their full devotion. Of course, this has always been a problem; but things are obviously waxing progressively worse in these last days:

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Saul was loved by the people on the basis of his outward appearance (1 Samuel 16:7). The Lord condemned such reckless judgment:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The Apostle Paul also had to deal with the shallowness of many saints. Some despised his appearance:

2 Corinthians 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the SIMPLE.

Hillary Clinton (in a Democratic debate) claimed that she was glad to have a “prayer chain” (people praying for her). I do not think her language was accidental. Men like Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are experts at this religious language. They can quote Biblical phrases in such a manner that thousands are led to believe that the Lord Jesus actually endorsed the modern Welfare State!

But many Republicans refuse to be outdone by the Bible quoting Democrats. For example, George Bush is not a greenhorn when it comes to using religious language. In one State of the Union address, he exclaimed:

“There’s power, wonder-working power, in the goodness and idealism and faith of the American people.”

Our holy hymn reads that there is wonder working power in the BLOOD OF THE LAMB. Therefore, Bush’s exclamation was not only a well-planned, psychological manipulation (e.g. Edward Bernays), it was also blasphemous! Likely, what Bush really meant was that there is a “wonder working” freedom to do whatever one wishes as President due to the goodness and GULLIBILITY of the American people – especially many Christians. Along this line, David Kuo (“Tempting Faith”), a Bush insider (former second-in-command of the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives), stated that Christians were being used and manipulated by Republican political leaders who privately despise them:

“National Christian leaders received hugs and smiles in person and then were dismissed behind their backs and described as ‘ridiculous,’ ‘out of control,’ and just plain ‘goofy.”

The real “wonder” is not that leaders in American politics use religion; the incredible thing is that it actually works! No matter how many times people have had their faces rubbed in the mud, they are soon back and ready for more deception. Even God wonders about such things!:

Jeremiah 5:30 A WONDERFUL and horrible thing is committed in the land;
    31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and MY PEOPLE LOVE TO HAVE IT SO: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

What then, is the answer? Christians must choose to obey the Bible! We are warned not to be gullible in judgment:

Proverbs 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to judge FRUIT, not LEAVES!:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

What is the difference between fruit and leaves? Fruit takes more TIME to arrive! Therefore, we must not judge anything based on appearances alone. We must not believe politicians or televangelists, simply because they have a big smile, use positive, religious language, and speak to people as if they are little children. We must judge people by their history, by their record, by what they have actually done (fruit) – NOT what they promise during election time!

For example, can you guess which politician said the following words?:

“We will fight the Atheistic Movement.”

“This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief.”

“My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.”

“What we have to fight for. . .is the freedom and independence. . .so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.”

“I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time.”

“We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.”

These are quotes from Adolf Hitler! He was an expert at using Christian language to beguile the simple-minded. Joseph Goebbels, the infamous Nazi leader, noted in his diary in 1939 that Hitler was deeply “anti-Christian.” In fact, the Nazis revived paganism, and despised Christianity as a weakness. But, like many today, they knew how to use Christian language to beguile the simple-minded sheep to gain power.

There were some men who were not fooled by Hitler. They looked beyond the emotional hype. They ignored the bewitching promises that appealed to the emotions and fears of the religious masses. They judged righteous judgment! Yet, sadly, they were mocked and despised. Hitler taught his supporters to laugh loudly, humiliate and mock all opposition.

Let us wake up as Christians and expose all frauds and liars! Many deceivers are counting on either your passivity, or your continued stupidity. Let us judge men by their true record; and let us read between the smiles, the tears, the one-liners, and the religious language and symbolism! It is time for Christians to say, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!”

*****************************************

47. ConservativeCaucus says:

Debbie,

Do I understand your pastor friend correctly? If we elect Mike Huckabee, he could be the next Hitler?!?!?!?

I am dumbfounded. This is nothing but an ad-hominem, dirty, personal attack. I am extremely disappointed that you have gone this route.

48. SugarHillDad says:

John K, I am not a big fan of debbie’s on and on writings but if you are going to battle her on who she supports at least fight fair. Debbie supports Fred Thompson. Her backup may be Rudy but as I read her it is because he is the only other candidate that she feels is not lying to her. I myself feel similar. When thw race began I would have told you that you were crazy as GOPeach if you thought I would support Rudy. I am not happy about it but I can not find a 2nd choice better than Rudy. All is major flaws are well known. Everyone makes mistakes and all the rest of the Republican field is even more flawed than he (minus Fred Thompson.) Thompson has been a complete disappointment on the campaign trail and his GA structure is similarly weak. It scares me to think that the Republican field could be this bad. My only saving grace is the Dem field is also poor. Again my whole point is stay on topic.

49. John Konop says:

SugarHillDad,

I agree with most of what you wrote. I have not endorsed Huckabee and as I have said I see things I like and dislike about all the candidates. I was only pointing out how Debbie vilifies a candidate she does not like with pure hypocrisy while spewing hate.

50. John, when someone spends more time at thrashing someone else, there’s a problem. It is obvious that her candidate(s) are weak and are not communicating their vision to the public. Or perhaps, the public isn’t buying their vision. So what else is left to do? Nuke em until you wear them down.

The problem with that mentality is it is old school politics. Yeah someone will bite, but who is the winner and who is the loser? And most importantly, what does it say about the character, which ultimately is the only thing one has complete control over, of the candidate or the operative? Not a whole lot.

The religious angle keeps popping up,,,, one verse says do not be weary in doing good cause in due time you’ll reap your reward… Of course this is a loose paraphrase, but as the secular would say, what goes around comes around.

I would much rather support a candidate that stays on message. That is the campaign that dictates the agenda.

51. GOPeach says:

Debbie-

When someone is a SPEAKER or a MINISTER by VOCATION – They are allowed to accept honorariums ANYTIME!!!

Ask Rev. Al Sharpton !!!! THE LEFT have been at this for a loooooooooooooooooong time!!!

This is not new…. You have much to learn, Dear.

52. GOPeach says:

Clearly NO candidates fails to walk on water.

It will come down to which one will govern like YOU WOULD!

Instead of … “WWJD”…. ( as the last time I checked, Jesus is NOT a registered voter)….

It should be WWID? What would I DO?

53. ConservativeCaucus says:

lol GOP Girl. Thanks for the break from the vitriol.

JKonop, is there a reason you addressed the post to me at 3:02pm?

54. ConservativeCaucus says:

Maybe I am wrong about the guy, but Romney seems like everything that is wrong with politics.

He attacks McCain for failing

55. GOPeach says:

Robert Novak’s column criticizing Mike Huckabee for calling the Club for Growth the Club for Greed is typical of the power establishment of the GOP which has been in control for too long. This establishment has won tactical elections over the years, but has consistently lost the strategic battle for the direction of the country as we have slipped further into cultural despair. Conservative citizens should step back and assess how the GOP power structure has done. Do you want to stay with the current game plan, the current pooh-bahs, the current message?

This country is suffering from the meaninglessness of the rationalism of the Enlightenment. We were built initially on a combination of the Renaissance and the Reformation, but 20th century forces have conducted a quiet revolution of the Enlightenment. The Judeo-Christian consensus no longer exists. The little pockets of meaning we have left in the heartland are being prosecuted into meaninglessness by the ACLU, i.e. stripping any ability for a community to express devotion to Christ or any other religious symbol.

As we lost the Judeo-Christian consensus, it was replaced with what 20th century theologian Francis Schaeffer called the secular philosophy of personal peace and affluence. This philosophy has been aligned politically with religious voters for several years because its devotion to freedom and economic growth prefers limited government. But in the process of trying to limit government, this philosophy has stripped the very foundation of meaning this country had for its first 150 years or so–real community, real meaning, foundational belief in something other than rationality.

Personal peace and affluence is the philosophy represented by the GOP power structure, the Club for Growth, CNBC, Donald Trump, and apparently Robert Novak. The problem is, it’s not a stable governing philosophy. People will not suffer the results of this philosophy over the long-term. As a Harvard Business School graduate and corporate professional, I have intimately witnessed the pernicious nature of this philosophy. I am no Leftist, so you knee-jerk free-marketers need to take a deep breath and actually hear my words rather than writing me off as a Leftist. I’m a die-hard free-market economist, trained by Chicago and MIT PhDs. I’m a die-hard fan of business and capitalism. But even Ludwig von Mises in The Anti-Capitalist Mentality revealed a disdain for people who busy themselves for nothing but pursuing wealth and possessions. It is detestable. Donald Trump’s marketing acumen and business success are to be commended, but his philosophy, his raisson d’etre is horrrific. Admit it. I have lived and worked for too long among people who live by the philosophy of personal peace and affluence to keep naively trumpeting them as theoretically valuable to society. Step out of the theoretical world! Sure capitalism is the best system known to man for allocating resources. Business people who drive supply curve shifts to the right via systemic improvements in the production potential curves are valuable. We agree. But the moral philsophy of the people operating within this capitalist system today can be destructive to society.

Huckabee’s point is that we don’t exist on this earth for economic growth. I’m a huge fan of growth, but the Club for Growth as a statement of primary purpose for our society is a statement of meaninglessness. Properly understood, growth is just a byproduct of a solid society devoted to the Judeo-Christian consensus. Growth was never pursued as the end goal of our lives until the mid-20th century in this country. Growth should not be the end goal. People are correct to reject that philosophy. The problem is, their only alternative currently is to go Left and vote for Democrats for a better sounding philosophy. But Marxism, viewing the world through a materialistic lens, is just as meaningless as personal peace and affluence, and it generates more poverty and toil than capitalism.

Huckabee is attempting to knock growth, or any other symbol of the current GOP establishment off the flagpole and replace it with true meaning, something worthy of life, something that gives a nation a reason to exist. Growth is not that reason. Low taxes is not that reason. Less regulation is not that reason. These are all good things, but they are not a priori reasons for existence. The Democratic a priori case sounds much more meaningful than that. That’s his only point. Reagan was the last GOP leader who was able to make that point in a popular enough way to lead the nation. Perhaps Huckabee will be able to as well.

56. GOPeach says:
  57. debbie0040 says:

That email I posted was not from my Pastor. I have never met him . I am on his email list and found the email to be interesting so I posted it. It appears Huckabee does not have all the Baptist support.

The other link I posted was quite good. Here are some tidbits from it.

“Mitt Romney took a bit of a hit among Right to Lifers due to stock in Novo Nordisk held in a blind trust. Novo Nordisk is involved with embryonic stem cell research. It seems Huckabee received a total of $35,000 in honoraria from the same firm through 12 Stops, created for the distribution of one of his books. Some info here. But that amounts to only a small amount of almost $400,000 in compensation he’s said to have received while still Governor of Arkansas.

The word on Huckabee is that he likes his money. I’m not sure people realize just how much, given the poor preacher image and all. He appears to have made several times his salary as Governor from outside business interests.

A full list of monies provided Huckabee through 12 Stop, his book promotion deal, here.

12 Stops

58. debbie0040 says:

I can see why you Huckabee supporters have a problem with the information being passed around…
    Huckabee stays on message by distorting his record… Clinton stayed on record as well.

You can bash me all you for supporting Fred then Rudy then Romney them McCain. They all have a better chance of winning in November than Huckabee has.

I am not the only one bashing Huckabee. Just look at all the conservative groups and columnists that have as well. You can’t kill all the messengers…

59. No offense Debbie, but if these candidates cannot move the polls now, with all the millions they’ve spent, what makes you think these sluggish campaigns are going to move the electorate in November?

60. debbie0040 says:

Maurice, I have a problem with hypocrisy. Huckabee said, “And unlike Senator Thompson, I never took money to lobby from an abortion rights group, and then tried to say I’d forgotten about it and it was just a lawyer representing a client. Lawyers have a right to say no to representing a client when the client is in the abortion business.”

While it is true that Nova isn’t an abortion rights group, Huckabee CHOSE to speak to a group that uses human embryos for research. He could have chosen to say NO as he admonished Thompson to do, but he didn’t. He took the money and it wasn’t even a direct part of his job as it was in Thompson’s case. It was in regards to his book. Huckabee took money from a company that does research on human embryos so that he could peddle his book.

I have a problem- with a sitting Governor using his position to make that much money. Imagine what he would do as President…What if Gov. Perdue made that much money in consulting fees? Do you really think Gov. Huckabee would have been paid that much if he were not Governor?

Pointing out someone’s record is not spreading hate. If it is, then are are many conservative groups spreading hate and many conservative columnists spreading hate. As time goes by, Huckabee reminds me more and more of Bill Clinton. The next thing I expect to hear coming from the Huckabee camp is something about a “vast right wing conspiracy”…

61. debbie0040 says:

Huckabee had a double digit lead over Romney in Iowa until the ads started hitting and Huckabee’s true record started hitting the news reports.

It won’t last….

62. Of course the trash ads will work, to a degree, but who is continuing to lead?

I’m enjoying this as much as anything. Who knows if it will continue to trend. I still maintain he is the only candidate that has been able to sustain his position and grow. It is absolutely undeniable.

People see what is happening and are beginning to establish themselves with the candidate of their choice. Huckabee is a hard charger but doesn’t stoop to the old school paint your face and prowl at night politics. He takes it straight to the people, and they like it.

63. JonHodges says:

Debbie,
    I agree with you about Huckabee 100%. I think he has deceived the evangelical voters, he is a Christian Statist, When you pick a fight with Rush Limbaugh, because Rush has questioned your record, you are finished. Rush took the gunpwder out of the Huckaboom.
    My prediction is that Huck loses his lead in Iowa.

I do however have to take issue with one of your comments:

“I like Ron Paul and I also like Duncan Hunter. They are both the most conservative ones. The problem is that they can not win in November.”

It is time that we begin as a Party and as a country to not fall to the Party machine and vote as candidates are portrayed to us. We have been told over and over again that Dr. Paul is not electable, if you keep hearing it you will believe it. We should be casting our votes for the best candidate, not electability. Dr. Paul certainly is electable, and as you have stated he is one of the most conservative. Please consider voting for the best candidate, and not allowing the media or the party to determine electability.

64. JonHodges says:

I am wondering if God was with Huckabee when he took the money from the Embryonic Stem cell company. Or when he released the serial rapist who then raped and killed two more. Or when he commuted or pardoned over 1000 criminals over 1o years. Or when he raised taxes on the people of Arkansas.

Guy’s I am a Christian conservative, This guy is a threat to liberty. At least with McCain or Julie Annie you know what you are getting. Huckabee is trying to deceive the Evangelical world, and it sounds like he may be succeeding.

Read this if you have not done so. Ann Rips into Huckabee.
    LIBERALS SING

65. GOPeach says:

Look… let me be perfectly honest!

I fear Hillary getting elected because I think she could blow the chances for all women to ever hold that office again. If she gets in and blows it, the ” Good Ole Boys” will say…. “See what happens when you let a woman lead?”

I fear Obama getting elected because I think he could blow the chances for all blacks to ever hold that office again. If he gets in and blows it, the “Good Ole Boys” will say…. “Se what happens when you let a black lead?”

I just pray that Gov. Huckabee makes a fine president so people will say… ” WOW! We need more Ministers to Lead… like in the founding of our great nation!” Let it be so!

66. GOPeach says:

Somone tell where Huckabee supports ” constitutional protection for sodomy”!!!

Where is sodomy mentioned in the C0nstitution?

Whoever said this is a butt hole!

67. SFrazier says:

Please, Coulter has been on Romney’s payroll from day 1. Ralph Reed pulled her in. The GOP press shop has been bought by Romney, very disturbing.

68. SFrazier says:

Ohhhhhhhhh, debbie ought to listen to this guy..

Phill Dacosta/Letter to the Editor: Presidential race should be about values, not money
    Current rating:3.79518 by 83 users.

Published: 10/18/2007

I am a Christian. I am a conservative. I believe in the democratic process and believe that it is the moral imperative that devout Christians involve themselves in the political process to make our society more fair and just for all.

Like most Christian conservatives, I gather information from Christian commentators in the media to help me cast my vote. As a responsible Christian, I am required to put all their words into a passionate scrutiny to prevent the perversion of our faith into something self serving.

My passion for seeing Christian values advanced in the political realm is only matched by my disappointment in those who represent those values but then sell them out for status or, even worse, money.

It has become very obvious that Ann Coulter and Paul Weyrich have sold their influence over Christian voters to the highest bidder. They are trying to destroy every Republican candidate except for billionaire Mitt Romney, with the hope that he will somehow become our only choice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Romney, a Mormon, was pro-abortion, pro-gun control, and pro-gay marriage as governor of Taxachusetts.

American Christian voters will show these “Judas” Christian leaders that we are sophisticated enough to recognize when a Christian leader has sold his influence. We will not turn the presidential race into a plutocracy that makes it about how rich a candidate is, instead of the character and principles that the candidate will bring to the presidency.

69. GOPeach says:

SFraizer –

That is very interesting. It makes sense.

It seems that Ann Coulter is for sale now as are many other “pundits”….

This is a warning to all the Peach Pundits folks —
    be careful! You could be the next media whore… like Oprah!

Stay true to who you are! Use your BRAIN!

70. JonHodges says:

GOPeach/SFrazer,
    We are electing a president, not Pastor in Chief. I am all for electing Christians to office, but there are more consistent Christian men running for President this year than Huck. Paul just does not wear his faith on his sleeve to try and manipulate evangelical voters, which I find refreshing.

As to Ann Coulter, I am fairly sure she has blasted every candidate (including Romney) except Hunter.

I don’t think she is on the Romney payroll, I could be wrong, but that is unlikely. She has reservations about the whole field this year, and Huckabee is at the top of the list, since he has risen to tops in the polls. I think the pundits want a brokered convention, so the more they can distribute the vote out over 5 or 6 guys the better.

71. GOPeach says:

John-

We can say the same thing of ANYONE –

To Romney – we are not electing a Venture Capitalist in Chief.

To Fred we are not electing an Actor in Chief.

To Ron Paul – we are not electing a Doctor in Chief.

To Rudy – we are not electing a Lawyer in Chief.

72. Bill Simon says:

If I got paid enough, I think I could become a good media whore.

Of course, I’d have to move to D.C. then to live with the other media whores in the brothel.