Prayers for Speaker Murphy

I got this on a tip line, but couldn’t verify the credibility of the information until now. I’m told that Speaker Murphy has taken a turn downhill.

[UPDATE:] And now I see this.

1. Rogue109 says:

I’m glad Andre felt it appropriate in this sad time to post links to his previous posts about Speaker Murphy in order to validate his claims of admiration. Very appropriate, guy. Geez.

2. whitemalevoters says:

We’re glad Rogue109 felt it appropriate in this sad time to pick on someone without female genitalia in order to validate his previous claim that he is not a sexist. Very appropriate, guy. Geez.

3. Chris says:

Since then, the House has been ruled by suburban GOP Speaker Glenn Richardson (R-Hiram), a lawyer with some of Murphy’s traits.

4. whitemalevoters says:

What makes you think that we are members of the Democratic Party, Bill? We are die-hard Republican activists!

5. TPSoCal says:

WMV,

I don’t know what GOP’ers you have encountered, but no one I know would ever celebrate a political rivals death. I think your post was a little mean spirited. Don’t you think we should elevate the tone in politics? Why can’t we discuss politics and policy without the vitriol. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas!

6. Rick Day says:

UPDATE

Amazing: Your prayers didn’t work. In the words of a famous country doctor:

“He’s dead, Jim”.

Please promise me you will not pray for my health when the liver finally goes.

7. Shakin the bush boss says:

My prayers go out to Mary, Mike, and the Murphy family. They took care of Speaker Murphy the last 4 years during a period of time when he was mostly incapacitated. He could understand what you were saying but could not speak. He was very frustrated during this time that he had been left in this condition.

I think that history will judge Tom Murphy very well when you look at his impact, especially on Atlanta (MARTA, GWCC). Many of his rural cronies didn’t want to do a thing for Atlanta but he understood that Atlanta was the engine that drove Georgia.

Rest in Peace Mr. Speaker

8. gatormathis says:

The ole man was a “sport” to say the least.

A lot of good folks have passed on this year, add another one to the list.

Such is the world.

9. jsm says:

Please promise me you will not pray for my health when the liver finally goes.

I promise.
    —————–

My condolences to the Speaker’s family. May he spend eternity in a better place.

10. eehrhart says:

Rest in Peace Mr. Speaker

Now you can enjoy the baseball and fishing from your seat in Heaven. I wish you could have spent more of your retirement doing those things which you truly loved.

Thanks for the (painful) lessons and the friendship in later years.