1. Andre Walker says:

Spacey, the consolation for you is that the Georgia Gang is moving to 8:30a.m. on Jan. 6th. Not sure what that’ll do to their ratings, but I think it’s a giant leap off the Empire State Building to expect people to tune in to a Georgia political news show at that hour on Sunday mornings; especially for a show that has literally put me to sleep on several ocassions.

2. StevePerkins says:

Spacey… I generally like your posts, and I regularly defend you against the “off-topic Nazis”. However, your constant discussion and regurgitation of the Georgia Gang show is making you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY lame. Shut… UP! (I say this from a place of love)

3. Dave says:

Thanks for the update on the time change. When I’m back in Georgia I try to never miss the show. I’d have been pissed if I had tuned in at the wrong time.

4. NonPartisanGA says:

SpaceyG,

I must take exception to the recycled news from WSB-TV about folks upset about First Baptist Atlanta cutting down trees on their property. Since WSB-TV has recycled the story about 6 times – my issue is more with them and I’ve told them so.

We can have a huge outcry about property rights in Georgia when there are threats to expand eminent domain, but somehow because these trees are on land belonging to a church, the church does not have the same property rights as anyone else, or they somehow have some higher obligation to provide green space than anyone else.

It reminds me of those folks who bought a home because of the great view of the woods in the adjacent lot that they did not own and complained when something was built there.

Of course it is convenient to have a double standard for a church and condemn them when no one condemns commercial or residential developers for clear-cutting much larger tracts of land.

I won’t tell you you can’t cut down trees in your yard and you folks should not tell the church what to do with THEIR property either.

Here’s a suggestion folks – if you like the trees next door buy the land!

5. SpaceyG says:

Steve hon, let your fingers do the scrolling, unless they are otherwise occupied. In that case, you’re not likely reading this blog at the same time. Least I sure hope not.

6. SpaceyG says:

Didn’t realize Death Star Two had been all over the church-hates-God’s-trees story. I could watch more local news, but it’s just really really hard to get past all the road-kill reports at the top of the hour before they move on to anything of importance.

7. Rick Day says:

What I want to know is something important, like despite additional donations I have made, the thermometer seems stuck on $1010.

Is this ‘sandbagging’ or are not all donations ‘really counted’?

8. rugby_fan says:

Spacey:

Funny how those topics were pretty much exclusively talked about in the winners and losers section and occupied at most 5% of the show.

But you make it sound like that was the focus of today’s episode.

And even if you don’t like the AJC, newspapers still are responsible for agenda setting in the media and that power isn’t going anywhere.

Amazing how you missed the truly outrageous moment of the show in your moment of feigned outrage–Dick Williams calling Obama “Osama” and saying it was a mistake he “just can’t get over that”.