More On Gena Abraham – Chief Rock Overturner

It takes a woman… to do what should have been done by men (and women) long ago. Hon, the DOT’s new Lady-In-Charge, Ms. Abraham, is shining light on places ain’t seen daylight since our grand-diddys’ time. Creatures great and small are squirming at the Gold Dome now! From Dick Petty’s InsiderAdvantage Georgia:

She (Abraham) said the department

1. Rogue109 says:

SpaceyG: Hon, it doesn’t take a woman; it takes a competent professional. Why are you always the first to point out someone’s gender or racial makeup?

2. Rogue109 says:

Wow, Bill, as long as we aren’t painting with broad brushes (grin). I guess Mercer’s time has finally arrived!

3. jillchambers says:

I applaude “chicks in charge”

Of course, as the MARTA police Chief once told me: “It takes a girl with a gun to get the job done.”

Looks like Gena is a big gun!!!!

4. AubieTurtle says:

Wow, Jill Chambers endorses Hillary Clinton. I never thought I’d see that happen. “Chicks in charge” indeed. πŸ˜‰

5. Rogue109 says:

Jill: Maybe, as an elected official, you should applaude the best person for the job instead of such trite statements as “chicks in charge.”

Your close-minded comments aside, I look forward to a clean-up at GDOT!

6. Praise the Lords, the Shirts to Skirts movement is bearing massive fruit for xmas…

Dr Abraham’s influence is even causing a religious conversion of sorts with none other than my long, lost, Cousin Sonny.

He’s talking of transparency as a virtue. Now if i could find a good, engineering woman to help me replace the on/off switch on my Dirt Devil Jaguar Upright, i could get back to my Man’s work…

Jill, Please keep us posted on the clear language for open records laws effort and State Credit Card Fraud investigation, both of which your noble efforts helped shine light on…

Do you know how to crack the case on a Dirt Devil Jaguar? Erick? Rogue? Spacey? Bill? JRM? anyone?

7. whitemalevoters says:

The only thing white male voters are looking forward to is hearing Rogue109 picking on someone who isn’t a woman.

First SpaceyG, now Jill Chambers.

It seems as though anyone who doesn’t think women should be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen makes Rogue109s black list.

8. Rogue109 says:

Whitemalevoters: Who here is saying that “guys are better” for certain jobs? If you can point that out, I’ll be happy to get on their case, too!

And you can take your “barefoot and pregnant” comment and shove it! You know darn well that is not the case. If thinking that sexism is good and that we should all be judged on our gender is appropriate, then you can get on my black list, too! I view everyone equally…evidently you, SpaceyG and Rep. Chambers do not and are closed-minded. That is a real shame.

9. Bill Simon says:

Jill Chambers is the “Gena Abraham” of MARTOC and MARTA. She is doing a fine job in rooting-out their garbage systems of waste and institutional corruption.

10. jillchambers says:

Wonder why Rouge seems so threatened by strong women? Maybe it’s the stilletto heels…

Seriously, what is wrong with cheering an agent of change in state government who happens to be female? Just because I wear a skirt does not mean I hide behind it and I don’t think Gena will either.

and, no, I am not endorsing Hillary!

11. whitemalevoters says:

Jill Chambers!

How dare you?

Don’t you know that if you are addressing Rogue109, you must start your sentence with “Excuse me sir, I know I’m just a girl but…”

Rogue109 is the biggest sexist to post on this site.

12. Rogue109 says:

“Seriously, what is wrong with cheering an agent of change in state government who happens to be female?”

Because you and SpaceyG were cheering her not because she happens to be a female, but because she IS a female! Geez! Whitemalevoters can spew rhetoric all he (or she) wants, but I’m just sitting back wondering why everyone is wetting their pants because of this person’s gender!

Make no mistake: I think the work she is doing is super! If she cleans up GDOT, that is fantastic! But why does her gender have to be brought up? I thought we were all supposed to be judged upon our actions!

Whilemalevoters can say I’m a sexist, but the fact is that I am NOT the one who has to resort to gender identification to help support a person’s position. I am the one who is first to say that Ms. Abraham is doing a boffo job without having to refer to her gender!

Ditto SpaceyG’s post a few days ago about the Jena 6. She had to go on and on about how the editors of the publication that she linked to were Black. Frankly, who gives a rip? Just link their story and make your point. What does their race have to do with anything?

It truly is amazing that I merely question NOT what someone has done but WHY their gender or race is an issue and all heck breaks lose and I’m accused of being sexist! The idiocy of that allegation is truly humorous, much like those who think ones gender or race should hold them down or lift them up. I look towards ones accomplishments, not towards one physical characteristics, as the barometer of success. Pity others are not as enlightened…and that Rep. Chambers cannot identify that as the proper position with which to take.

13. Rogue109 says:

Oh, you know, on second thought: I’ll just give up on this one. Gena is clearly, as SpaceyG and Rep. Chambers think, the better person for the GDOT position BECAUSE she is a woman.

On a side note, kudos to Maria Britt who was promoted last month to Brigadier General and commander of the 48th BDE of the Georgia National Guard.

14. whitemalevoters says:

Rogue109,

If it were up to you, women wouldn’t even have the right vote or be in the military, much less hold political office or run the Guard.

We guess you feel threatened by women. After all, this is a man’s world. Right Rogue?

Not in SpaceyG

15. Bill Simon says:

And, in answer to Jill Chambers and Spacey, it is not the “woman” part of Gena Abraham that prepared her for this role, but the academic training from (I repeat myself) any OTHER school besides UGA.

Jill didn’t graduate from UGA, thus she has a brain that can recognize corruption when she sees it. Thus her ability to root-out the crap in MARTA.

The embedded corruption in Georgia government is due the fact that the majority of the elected leaders and their appointees over the past all obtained their higher education (sic) from the University of Georgia.

16. whitemalevoters says:

What’s “rediculous” is how you spell the word “ridiculous”.

So…you attended General Britt’s pinning ceremony, huh? Were you picketing?

I had to work that day. Some of us have to be real men and work to support our families. We don’t have all day to sit around hating women.

17. whitemalevoters says:

Have we gotten under your skin you sexist pig?

The FACT of the matter is you sit around all day stewing in your hatred toward women, only to come on here and degrade SpaceyG and Jill Chambers and Martha Zoller.

What’s the matter Rogue? Did the wife leave you? Did you not put her in her place?

Get off your redneck alcoholic butt, get a job, contribute to society once in a while and maybe we’ll welcome you back into our fold.

18. Rogue109 says:

Martha Zoeller?!? Because I said the way she twists her pen on GG was annoying, that makes me a sexist? Okey dokey, then. It just kills you that I want to view women based on their accomplishments and not their gender, doesn’t it?

Of the two of us, you certainly seem the more irrational and, frankly, angry. Maybe it’s you who has the problem!

I think I’ve made my points about how sexism is wrong well enough so I’m done with this thread. If you want the last word, please go ahead. Happy Holidays!

19. whitemalevoters says:

Rogue,

Call down, brother. Learn to take a joke. We’ve just been kidding all along. We thought that was obvious. Happy Holidays? What, are you one of those anti-Christmas secular progressives?

Merry Christmas, you Jesus-hating sexist. πŸ˜‰

20. Bill Simon says:

Rogue,

Whitemalevoters is not worth your time to debate with. He/she/it comes on here under at least 5 different sign-ons. GOPeach is one of the others as I recall.