McKinney Paul’s political heir?

The Political Insider writes that Cynthia McKinney thinks she can woo Ron Paul supporters to her campaign should Paul not win the GOP nomination. Clearly there are anti-war folks supporting Paul but just how many Paul supporters would flock to McKinney in the General?

1. Rogue109 says:

Plenty of voters would flock to her from that mysterious “51st state” that she has discovered recently that the other candidates aren’t even aware of.

2. Ali A. Akbar says:

[When] Paul does not win the nomination. Cynthia McKinney in very few ways represent what Paul is running on.

Frankly, Cynthia is no longer Peach-state-related, but National Psycho Ward related. The type of people we are ashamed of…

3. StevePerkins says:

Other than a non-interventionist foreign policy, is there a single issue on which Ron Paul and Cythnia McKinney would have common ground? Even Paul’s stance on Iraq calls for withdrawal “as soon as practical”, which the generals estimate would take two years or more. McKinney’s position, as I understand it, is more extreme and calls for immediate withdrawal no matter what.

I hope that McKinney blows the Paul trumpet as loud as she can, so everyone sees what happens. I’m sick and tired of the RedState nonsense about how Paul supporters are “liberals in disguise” who only care about Iraq. If there were really any truth to that, then why would they be rallying around Paul… rather than Kucinnich or any of the other left-wing Democrats with comparable ideas on Iraq? Paul supporters are Paul supporters because they favor SMALL GOVERNMENT and non-interventionist foreign policy. There aren’t any left-wing candidates for us to gravitate toward, because those two ideas are the antithesis of liberalism.

4. Inside_Man says:

Any comparison between Dr. Paul and McKinney is ludicrous. Dr. Paul has more integrity in his little finger than the rest of the Congress combined. Maybe she should try and woo some of the disillusioned Fred!heads instead, I hear they are numerous.

5. I hope I didn’t imply I thought Paul supporters would become McKinney supporters….I don’t think that.

I was merely interested to hear what Paul supporters thought of McKinney’s comments.

6. Carpe Forem says:

I don’t know of any.

Just like I’ve stated here before, the Ron Paul supporters I know are voting for Ron Paul in February… and November… no matter what.

7. IndyInjun says:

The more likely outcome is that a fleeing multitude from Ms. McKinney’s party will support Ron Paul.

She continues to delude herself into thinking that latching onto a Republican, as she always grabbed Bush at the State of the Unions, might bring her good luck.

About the only similarity is that she and Dr. Paul eschew ID cards…..

8. BubbaRich says:

StevePerkins:

You missed the one thing that Ron Paul, Cynthia McKinney, and their supporters have in common: they all live in a different world. I don’t know if it’s a NICE world, since both Paul supporters and McKinney supporters seem angry most of the time. Maybe NASA could explore it.

9. StevePerkins says:

Yup, you sure got me pegged. Smell the fury.

Oh, and NASA’s welcome to stop by… sometime next decade if and when Orion gives them the ability to go back in space again.

10. Rick Day says:

Steve: They share views on the failure of the drug war and specifically the war against casual marijuana smokers and medical use.

Notice more and more candidates are reaching out to those constituents who agree.

Andisheh: Yes. You are.