Today’s the Day

I get sworn in at 6 p.m. tonight. We’ll see how ugly things get in the vote for President and Pro Tempore.

A deal has been cut, though it’s not widely known. But I suspect that Miriam Paris now has nine votes locked in for sure with two more I’m pretty sure about.

1. Icarus says:

Who knew Bill had enemies?

Especially with that calm demeanor and diplomatic approach to problem solving.

Happy Birthday gents, and happy swearing, Erick. I’ll second Rugby’s motion and hope it actually happens.

Is this the ceremony where they give you your Muslim name, or does that occur later?

2. Icarus says:

Oh God,

It’s after 6:00pm. Erick should have been sworn in by now. But I’ve looked all over Peach Pundit, and not a word confirming it happened. He’s probably in some room making small talk with Paul Broun as we speak…

3. rugby_fan says:

This is just terrible Icarus.

I feel ill.

I truly do, I don’t think I can go out into the world.

Its just that, more than anyone else, the children are the ones who are hurt.

Once again, I am thinking about the children.

4. Icarus says:

Seriously folks,

This is just how it started with Paul Broun. We were all sitting around, watching PeachPundit, anxiously awaiting opening our swearing in gifts, Singing our swearing-in carols, just trying to find out where and when we could watch Paul Broun get sworn in.

Then – Nothing.

And More Nothing.

Still Nothing.

Could someone please, please tell me where and when I can see Erick Erickson get sworn in for the Macon City Council.

IT’S FOR THE CHILDREN!

5. rugby_fan says:

See the thing that upsets me the most is that Paul Broun doesn’t have front page access, Erick, does.

Erick also has one of those highfalutin iPhones.

He should be able to post from anywhere and say “look here I am being sworn in”, but he is not!

This is disturbing beyond words.

6. Icarus says:

Doug,

I’m at a complete loss.

You know, when the democrats ran this state. People got sworn in. Hell, they even swore in Newt Gingrich. I’m sure in retrospect, they might like this new strategy.

But now, Republicans are (allegedly) running things, (or Alleged Republicans are running things), and we can’t get Paul Broun or RedState/PeachPundit’s own Erick Erickson sworn in.

Maybe things will change when Cynthia McKinney is elected president. I wonder if she can get herself sworn in…

7. rugby_fan says:

I mean if the horror that is not getting sworn in can reach as high as the Macon City Council, I mean, mt god, the Presidency would be no problem to subvert.

I may not even vote this year, I am that concerned about the President-Elect not being sworn in.

8. rugby_fan says:

And by this year I mean next year.

What truly frightens me, and I believe this may happen, all of congress won’t get sworn in next year, and then “they” will require all Supreme Court Justices to be sworn in, but what’s that, they won’t be sworn in either!

9. Icarus says:

It’s total anarchy, Rugby.

We’re talking “dogs and cats, living together”, kind of stuff.

Who will be in office to look after the children?