23 months for Vick

I will redeem myself!” he says.

Let’s make this today’s open thread.

Update:From the ESPN article:

By 8 a.m. Monday, about 50 people were in line outside the courthouse waiting for the doors to open. About two dozen animal rights activists stood across the street holding posters showing injured pit bulls and the messages, “Report Dogfighters” and “Dogs Deserve Justice.”

“We want to make sure the focus on the animals in this case isn’t lost,” said Dan Shannon, spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Julia Novak arrived with her small beagle, Frankie, who wore a sandwich board with the message on one side: “Dogfighters use dogs like me for bait.”

Emphasis added. Uhhhh…what?

1. debbie0040 says:

Dog fighters use small, docile dogs or cats to give the pit bulls taste of blood or fighting. These defenseless animals are tossed in a pen with a killer pitbull to help train them to fight.. That is one thing that makes it so deplorable!!!

2. heroV says:

I’m off to lunch on a burger that probably came from a cow that was killed by electrocution, just like Vick’s dogs.

3. EAVDad says:

Vick deserves the punishment he’s getting, but lets be honest…he’s lost a lot: Over $20 million plus countless millions in future revenue; his freedom for about two years; his reputation; his friends (who really weren’t friends); his career…I hope that once Vick is release he gets an opportunity for a second chance. Whether he takes that chance is up to him. He’ll have a lot of time to think about it. What a shame…

4. Bill Simon says:

Looks like Jeff Emanuel has taken over from Spacey on the task of posting threads completely irrelevant to Georgia politics.

Let’s see if Rogue has the balls to lambast Jeff as much as he does Spacey when an irrelevant post is made.

5. EAVDad says:

Actually, Bill, I think this post is pretty relevant. Perhaps not to politics, but it’s one of the biggest stories in the nation today and it’s a very “Georgia-centric” storyline. I think the complaint about Spacey was that she was posting so much that was national (which I have no problem with, but that’s another topic).

6. debbie0040 says:

Dog fighting bills that had been presented in previous sessions but were not acted upon probably will be voted on this term because of the Vick story. That makes it Georgia politics 🙂

7. Donkey Kong says:

Vick messed up. He was wrong. He deserves punishment. But by the way some people react an unaware bystander would think Vick actually murdered people.

8. StevePerkins says:

Oh give me a break… two dozen posts about BCS crap with other states’ COLLEGE teams, and not one peep. A post about Georgia PRO football (involving a level of national political notoriety that Lake Lanier can only wish for), and half the comments are about how off-topic it is. You’ve got to be kidding me.