1. tedsimmons says:

I’m not a fan of local TV news. But I’ll take ch11’s coverage of this. The “citizen journalist” had one point only: Ron Paul’s peeps were there. Noteworthy, and perhaps 11 should have mentioned it. But 11’s coverage was timely and issue-oriented, unlike the “citizen”‘s, which was one-note, snarky and obviously partisan. The latter disqualifies it as journalism. That said, it was somewhat fun to watch. But 11 deserves credit for covering it at all– were the other locals there? Did they put it in the a-section of their 6pm news?

2. StevePerkins says:

I love Ron Paul… but if I were asked to put together an ANTI-Paul video clip, I would recycle the same footage used here. I would focus on the man accosting the elderly Rudy supporter:

PAUL MAN: “So what you’re saying is that because I’m being rude, you wouldn’t vote for Paul even if you determined he was the strongest candidate?”

RUDY WOMAN: “What I’m saying is that if your guy WAS the strongest candidate, you wouldn’t be acting rude like this.”

PAUL GUY: (pause, as he realizes he just got his ass kicked) “But the MEE-DEE-UH ignores us! We HAVE to act like children get get attention! Waaaaaaaa!!!”

Look. If the “r3volution” is an armed revolt, then start shooting people. Otherwise, if it’s a revolution of IDEAS, then the goal has to be winning over hearts and minds to your way of thinking. Any knowledge of basic psychology… hell, any Dale Carnegie book for that matter… will tell you that jumping up in people’s faces and screaming about what idiots they are will only accomplish the exact opposite of what you need to accomplish.

3. debbie0040 says:

There was much rudeness on the part of the Paul people. Those videos just show a small portion and the video was taken by the Paul people.

People should be yelling Rudy, after all it was a Rudy event.

You don’t see other campaigns exhibit that rudeness and lack of respect the Paul supporters exhibit.

Some people that attended were undecided and just came to hear what Rudy had to say. They may not have decided to vote for Rudy but I would suspect that they decided that there was no way they would support Paul.

4. StevePerkins says:

I think it’s fine for supporters of other candidates to stand off to the side, holding signs, and showing that their level of support is higher than that of the candidate who’s actually appearing. I just wouldn’t heckle DURING the candidate’s speech, or get directly in his supporters’ faces to accost them.

5. debbie0040 says:

One thing that has not been reported was the hooker that asked Rudy if he was going to crack down on prostitution nationwide like he did in New York. That was funny…

6. debbie0040 says:

Steve, you are correct. That would have been fine, but that is not what happened. The Paul people there reminded me of peace protesters or Michael Moore clones.

7. debbie0040 says:

You don’t resort to being rude and disrespectful at other candidates events.

The news exposure they got from the Rudy event was not favorible and the only thing accomplished was making people mad and turning voters off of Paul…

Is that the message Paul wants coming out about his supporters?

8. Carpe Forem says:

The only people that were turned off was the Rudy supporters or supporters that have made up their minds already (or at least have made up their minds not to support paul). The target is people who have never heard of him and undecideds. Yes, I’ll admit that some do get carried away, but my experience is, there will be a net gain in support.

Just like I said on another blog, the message matters. Bring attention to yourself with a bad message, support goes down. However, bring attention to yourself with a good message, support goes up.

I do believe that if Ron Paul starts getting the coverage he deserves and has earned, his supporters will see no need for this kind of tactic.

9. GodHatesTrash says:

Damn, there are some ugly GOPers in Marietta.

Looks like Rudi and Ron are fighting over the votes of Deliverance cast rejects…

10. GOPeach says:

Well…

I see Rudy hovered over at Brumby Rocker – The store owned by Ottis Brumby who is also the owner of the Marietta Daily Journal.

Ottis lives next door to Chuck Clay. Ottis, Bill Kinney ( MDJ looooooong time political writer) and Roy Barnes are all cousins!!!!!

I am seeing a pattern here. 🙂

11. Rick Day says:

I still get the chuckles from the feigned “but it so.. rude to rudy” commentary.

I can only imagine the British whining the same thing at Yorktown.

Who wants to be polite when the future of the country is at stake?

12. debbie0040 says:

Rome, I missed the flasher. Did she have bouffant hairdo and a low cut blouse fastened with what looked like safety pins and a short, short skirt?

I can not imagine any one paying her for sex… I would hope men that have money to pay for a hooker would have more taste than that.

Rick, don’t you get it? They were not just rude to Rudy. They were rude to the people that came to hear Rudy speak.
    They disrupted the event and deliberately tried to ruin it.

13. IndyInjun says:

Old Vic Gold, author of Invasion of the Party Snatchers, How the Neocons and Holy Rollers Destroyed the GOP, got it right. The folks controlling OUR PARTY are squatters and they are not taking kindly to our reclaiming of what is ours.

Get used to it. We are not going away.

The old timers Gold, Noonan, Buckley, and Buchanan have seen the writing on the wall that says the GOP must die and be reborn.

We really do not want to kill the GOP in 2008. Seriously,we don’t. We want the good folks left in the GOP to join us in reformulating the Reagan coalition of Socons, Fiscons, Indies, Constitution lovers, and some Libertarians.

However, the neocon poison of the Bush adminstration must be purged . We won’t stand for it anymore and we won’t tolerate neocons like Rudy any more, either.

14. GOPeach says:

Indy-

I like this idea a lot!

Socons, Fiscons, Indies, Constitution lovers, and some Pro-Life Libertarians ( like Ron Paul) … could ban together to stand down the

E-STAB -lishment. They have stabbed us too long. I am soooooo flipping tired of the “leaders” running out in front waving their hands saying –
    Come folllow me!

Gag me with a flair gun!