Ron Paul auto-call

There was an auto-call from Carol Paul, wife of Ron Paul, on my voicemail. I don’t if the call was specific to Georgia or not.

Here is the text of the message:

Hi. This is Carol Paul. My husband, Republican Congressman Ron Paul, is running for President. Let me tell you a little about Ron.

Ron and I were married fifty years ago. Ron served in the Air Force during the Vietnam era, after he graduated from Duke Medical School. We have five children, eighteen grandchildren and one great grandson.

Ron specialized in providing healthcare for women and children. He has delivered thousands of babies.

Ron wants to bring conservative values to the Presidency.

Thanks for listening.

You can listen to it here.

1. Doug Deal says:

I wasn’t planning on voting for Paul, but if I was and I ever received a robo-call, that would assure that I wouldn’t.

Do politicians really want to compete with the only class of people that keep them out of the last spot on the most respected occupation list(telemarketers)?

2. Ms_midtown says:

That call is skimpy on content. I listen to talk radio over the web from other states. Ron Paul does have very good radio ads. One ad in Nevada says he would stop taxing tips. Talk about knowing his target. I hope we get Ron Paul ads locally soon, the content will say a lot about who he sees as his core support.

3. ajtdonahue says:

I received the same call in Maple Valley, WA today and thought it was awesome. Carol Paul would be a great first lady. She wrote an article called, “The American Dream”. It is posted on Dr. Paul’s website: http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Worth reading.

Take Care.

4. Paladin8 says:

It must have been expensive for Dr. Paul to place those calls considering his campaign is headquartered on Jupiter.

5. GOPeach says:

Ron Paul on HOMESCHOOLING —

My commitment to ensuring home schooling remains a practical alternative for American families is unmatched by any Presidential candidate.

Returning control of education to parents is the centerpiece of my education agenda. As President I will advance tax credits through the Family Education Freedom Act, which reduces taxes to make it easier for parents to home school by allowing them to devote more of their own funds to their children’s education.

I am committed to guaranteeing parity for home school diplomas and advancing equal scholarship consideration for students entering college from a home school environment.

We must have permanency in the Department of Defense Home School Tier 1 Pilot Program, providing recruitment status parity for home school graduates. I will use my authority to prevent the Department of Education from regulating home school activities.

I will veto any legislation that creates national standards or national testing for home school parents or students. I also believe that, as long as No Child Left Behind remains law, it must include the protections for home schoolers included in sec. 9506 (enshrining home schoolers

6. Bill Simon says:

So, here’s a legal question I have:

If Ron Paul (or any candidate) sends out an auto-call to, say, Homeowner A.

Homeowner A calls the Ron Paul campaign and talks to a volunteer about Ron Paul. Homeowner A and the volunteer trade phone calls and information through a series of calls, and callbacks via voicemail over a time span of 3 days.

In the end, Homeowner A leaves a voicemail message at the Ron Paul campaign that states “Ron Paul is a complete moron.”

Does the Ron Paul campaign have a right to file a police incident report against Homeowner A, accusing Homeowner A of harassment at that point?

This is a serious question, actually. Lawyers are free to chime in.

7. GOPeach says:

Conversation is not harrasment- Name calling is.

That is something we all learn on the playground in first grade. We should have to ask lawyers these questions.

Right?

8. GOPeach says:

* We should NOT have to ask lawyers these questions…..

I think Homeowner A can call the campaign phone and say whatever they want as long as it is not the residence of Ron Paul. That is when it gets to be a harassment issue.

9. StevePerkins says:

(DISCLAIMER: This is layperson conversation, and NOT legal advice)

I should have the right to call YOU right now, having never spoken to each other before, and call you a moron. I shouldn’t have the right to do so repeatedly, and at 3:00 in the morning every time… nor should I have the right to make threats against you. However, obviously you shouldn’t need a long list of prior communication/dealings before you’re “entitled” to tell someone you think they’re a moron.

I think that 99% of people’s fears and frustrations with trial lawyers are based more on presumptions and fantasy rather than reality.