Paul announces Regional Director.

I don’t know Matt Chancey but he’s now a Regional Director for Ron Paul:

As the primary season nears, we’re pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Chancey as regional coordinator for Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.

Matt has experience both running political campaigns and working with advocacy groups such as the Conservative Caucus, Gun Owners of America, and the Right to Work Committee. Matt came to Washington in 1995 in the wake of the GOP’s sweeping congressional victories with the expressed goal of abolishing unconstitutional federal programs-he had assumed that the Republicans were serious about cutting spending and diminishing the size of government. He soon discovered that, in his words, “Ron Paul stood virtually alone for the Constitution and the principles that built our country.”

1. Ali A. Akbar says:

You don’t know him…. and? Paul’s campaign is almost over. I don’t think a “regional” director in a campaign dominated with one too many ideas at the local level matter to Peach readers or the fact that Buzz doesn’t get buzzed (no offense bud)

2. debbie0040 says:

Maybe the new regional director can teach the Paul supporters manners.

They were rude and disruptive yesterday at the the Giuiani event

3. IndyInjun says:

Funny is the whining and even funnier that Giuliani cannot garner enough supporters to turn out for him to greatly outnumber anyone else, especially ‘nonexistent’ internet phantoms.

The indies, constitutionalists, fiscal conservatives, and libertarian wings of the GOP are coming back home and the squatters are discomfited.

4. Carpe Forem says:

Virginia GOP Retreat Straw Poll Results:

Ron Paul 182 (38%)

Fred Thompson 112 (23%)

Mike Huckabee 51 (11%)

Rudy Guiliani 45 (9%)

Mitt Romney 43 (9%)

John McCain 23 (5%)

Duncan Hunter 19 (4%)

Tom Tancredo 4 (

5. debbie0040 says:

Thanks, Buzz. There were several Fred heads and Huckabee people in attendance.

I go to all events for the GOP candidates that are free and on weekends. I even went to the Huckabee event in Gwinnett.

I am going to support the GOP nominee no matter who it is.

I still support Fred but Rudy is my second choice.

Make no mistake, Rudy was received like a rock star at the Marietta Square. People even bought their pets to meet Rudy.

The Paul just made people angry. This is the South and rudeness is not tolerated. There were people that were undecided in attendance and they were really turned off of Paul.

6. Cracker says:

By Jon Gillooly
    Marietta Daily Journal Staff Writer

MARIETTA – Republican presidential front-runner Rudy Giuliani received a warm welcome from several hundred residents during his first campaign visit to Marietta’s historic Square Sunday afternoon.

7. debbie0040 says:

They kept shouting and you could not hear Rudy.

They kept getting in front of people trying to see Rudy. They got into shouting matches and started talking about the 9-11 conspiracies , etc.

8. debbie0040 says:

Others perspectives on Paul supporters from news reports:

But even conservative Marietta was no safe zone for Giuliani.

He talked to supporters at several gift shops, but his plans to visit voters in the town square were foiled by a boisterous contingent of supporters of longshot GOP candidate Ron Paul, a former Libertarian whose upstart campaign has surprised political pundits.

The dozens of Paul backers heckled Giuliani as he walked the town’s streets, and also took aim at the media gaggle following him from store to store. “The story’s over here,” they chanted.
    RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!”

9. debbie0040 says:

I am not switching but am appalled at the behavior and lack of respect of Paul supporters yesterday.

Any normal person would be.

10. StevePerkins says:

Yeah, I’m going to have to actually agree with you debbie… that’s a shame.

I remember when I in high school during the 1992 election, Bill Clinton came to a rally in Albany. That was a pretty big deal, since national politicians seldom came down to the southwest Georgia sticks… so my brother and I went, even though we didn’t know much of anything about Bill Clinton or what he stood for.

As Bill started talking, a couple of women 10-20 ft. away from me started shrieking like hyenas about abortion and “baby-killers”… literally drooling and foaming at the mouth, until security hauled them off.

That was a pretty impressionable point in my young life, when I hadn’t really started putting together an opinion of where I stood on the abortion issue. My brother and I went home that evening with the impression of pro-choice leaders as being reasonable people, and pro-lifers being foaming-at-the-mouth nutjobs. My views have softened a lot since then, but it still seems plain to me that you do yourself more harm than good through heckling. I’m a Paul guy, but it does bother me that many other Paul folks are so belligerent.

11. Carpe Forem says:

Several hundred residents are around the square on any given day around 4:00pm. I guess Gillooly (maybe a cousin) is including all the business owners, employees and patrons that stepped outside to get a glipse or shake his hand, but I can assure you there were not several hundred supporters there. Ask debbie, she was there and seems to be a person of honesty and integrity.

12. GOPeach…Santa was in Glover Park, but the Paul supporters were on the corner blocking access. It would’ve been an interesting photo had Giuliani opted to head over there as he originally intended.

13. debbie0040 says:

I would say there were 50- 70 supporters. People started running and crowded around him like a rock star when they saw him. Even people just there in the park.

The event was planned at the last minute like late , late Friday night so it was a good crowd for the last minute.

14. debbie0040 says:

I will be honest, it is hard to determine turnout. We were all supposed to meet in the center of the park but the Paul supporters changed that.

People were in the park and across the street at the Brumby House and on the sidewalks.

I think it is stretching it quite a bit to say there were 200 supporters there.

15. debbie0040 says:

Steve Perkins, I know some Paul supporters and they act nothing like the ones in the park.

Those Paul supporters in the park had a negative impact on Paul’s campaign. They acted like a bunch of peace protestors. They did not represent Paul well.

16. John Konop says:

Romegaguy.

GoPeach would kill you on a debate about facts on issues. Why not tell us what issue you have a problem with via GoPeach? Immigration? Spending? Trade? Education? Try dealing with facts not what you feel?

17. John Konop says:

Debbie,

Why would you vote for Rudy?

Rudy Hires Child Predator?

TH-None of the priests were ever prosecuted or even identified because statutes of limitations had expired long before the district attorney

18. Rick Day says:

I got the lulz from this.

This is the best thing to happen in GA politics since I sat in the office of a *certain* rep, while he defied the anti-smoking ban in the LOB, while we discussed regulation of cannabis-by-god-sativa.

I (cough) would never mention a name. My lips are sealed. (it was tobacco, OK??)

Anyway..

Those at Brand Giuliani ™ witnessed the last gasp of the old school we-do-things-this-way, and a emergence of a new in-your-face-ya-blue-hair way of communication.

Yes, the aggressive angry blogger is manifesting from an angry typist into a energized political activist like a brass monkey sparking up the third rail.

It takes a voter ™

Ya’ll establishment ™ types best start looking over your shoulder at the next generation of leaders that are creeping up the ladders and begin to accommodate, instead of dismiss. Or in a few years they will be talking about you all, the way you talk about Jimmy Carter, heh.

Southern Manners? hmph. Tell it to the SUV on my tail on 575 with Cobb plates, granny.

19. debbie0040 says:

John, do you deliberately try to mislead or do you have a reading disorder? I never said that Paul had as many supporters as Rudy.

Yes I would vote for Rudy if he were the nominee.

20. John Konop says:

Debbbie

More on Rudy!

NW-In March 2005, a suicide bomber linked to Al Qaeda set off a massive explosion at a British school in Doha, the capital of Qatar. The attack came on the second anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq and stunned officials in the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom. Until then, Qatar, homebase for the U.S. Central Command, had been relatively immune from acts of terror. Not long afterward, the country

21. debbie0040 says:

I was at the rally and you are WRONG that Paul had more supporters t han Rudy.

Paul supporters were louder and behaved like thugs. There was maybe 20. I counted.

Rudy supporters were scattered because of the Paul supporters rudeness.

22. GOPeach says:

I’m sorry… I shouldn’t say anything…. but The Speaker …. he looked like a little puppy dog tagging behind Rudy at the Marietta Square….. grinning like he was part of the Mob or something.

It shouldn’t surprise us… lawyers are for lawyers.