2007 Atlanta/Buckhead Young Republican Christmas Party

It’s going to happen on Friday, December 7th at 7pm.

One Buckhead Loop
17th Floor
3491 Buckhead Loop
Atlanta, GA 30326
(Next Door to Toys-R-Us)

Cost: $15/Members and $20/Guests

$15/Guests with new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots charity. And look, they’re right next door to Toys-R-Us, so no excuses!

1. Mike Hauncho says:

That is a great event with a bunch of good looking ladies. I will be there and will be taking full advantage of the open bar.

2. CFash says:

I hope everyone reading this will try and stop by and join in the party with us. This is a fun evening where we put politics aside and enjoy and evening with good people. Plus there is an open bar so what could be better.

3. Dawgfan says:

I have been to the event many times over the years, but not recently. One question at what point are you no longer a “young” Republican?

4. CFash says:

Officially you graduate on to the Senior Party at age 41 but if you know how to have a good time we will let you stick around for a few more years. You do not need to be a Young Republican to attend the party.

5. GodHatesTrash says:

More importantly, Andre, will their be any military recruiters there to take advantage of this gathering of young patriots?

LOL

6. IndyInjun says:

Maybe a “waterboard- til-you- decide-its-Torture” competition should be held…….wait…..that is near the beer keg.

7. juliobarrios says:

If it’s a suspected terrorist that could wreck harm on my family or my fellow americans I say torture em. At least we’re not cutting their heads off on television. Besides it’s nothing worse than anyone who went through a fraternity had to do during hell week.

The 50 lashes with a wet noodle torture technique doesn’t usually get much valuable information.

8. shep1975 says:

Well, a former Marine who served in Iraq is hosting the party at his condo. Major Brad Carver who went in with the first invasion force will be there amoung others who have served in this war (and given the upper age limits of the YRs, the first Gulf War as well).

Plus, toys are being collected for a charity sponsored by the Marines.

You also don’t have to be a soldier to serve (or even pay the ultimate sacrific in Iraq). Jim Mollen, a true friend of the YRs and many other Republicans (including me) was killed in Iraq in 2004 serving the US State Department.

Sorry Trash, wrong again. Red Staters win again.

9. Romegaguy says:

Just make sure they bring the water in from some other state for any waterboarding. Lakes Lanier and Allatoona cant take the hit

10. IndyInjun says:

Chris:

Just bring in Khalid Sheik Mohammad and hang him by his heels. he should be good for about 2 gallons.

11. GOPlady says:

This is always a great event. It’s about socializing and celebrating the season. Last year, I brought a Dem and she had a blst. Politics are not the point of the night. Good times with good people are! We hope everyone can stop by and suppost a great cause – Toys for Tots! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

12. GOPeach says:

I want Bill to lead us in singing Christmas Carols …-These are my requests:

“Happy Birthday Jesus”, ” Go Tell It On The Mountain”, ” For Unto Us A Child Is Born”, ” O Holy Night”, ” Silent Night”, and ” Hark The Harold Angels Sing”!

13. IndyInjun says:

Beerboard some young Republicans for me, but get them a designated driver…….Ben Harbin says so.

14. GodHatesTrash says:

Sounds like with the waterboarding, beer-boarding, and, of course, the chickenhawking and warblogging, sounds like you young GOPers are gonna have a gay old time!

GOP – Gay Old Party?

15. GOPeach says:

Trash….

You are sounding like the Grinch, Baby-
    You come on to the Christmas Party now …
    You can sit beside me and Andre and drink coffee.

Hell — I ‘ll even pay your way in and bring and extra Christmas toy for you to take home.

16. Brad Carver says:

This is always a great party. Lots of fun to be had by all. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and, yes, Andre, you’re certainly welcome to come. When we hosted Mike Jacobs at our Buckhead Young Republican event, Jason Cecil, Georgia Young Dems Chairman came and chronicled his experience on his blog page. Thanks to Cameron Fash and Edmund McAfee for organizing and Shawn Hanley for hosting.

17. GOPeach says:

Well Andre…

I felt real bad not knowing you ran for office. I am proud of you and I wanted to give you a hug!!! You may be a democrat but… well….. so is my son. πŸ™‚

You can jack up your coffee all you want – just no smoking! I hate cigarettes!!!

18. Andre Walker says:

GOPeach,

A.) I don’t smoke because…well, it would be stupid for me to smoke while being asthmatic. Plus, I’m not a big fan of people who smoke, especially women. One of the most repulsive things to me is a female smoker.

B.) Who exactly is Otis Marks?

C.) Yeah, that’s me about 5 years ago when I was much skinnier than I am now, could see a whole lot better, and wasn’t worrying about losing my hair (I check the back of my head most everyday now to see if that bald spot I felt is getting any worse).

I’m 24 and losing my hair. Man, that sucks.

19. GOPeach says:

That’s wonderful Andre … that you do not smoke.

I think you are very cute. You remind me of my son-in law. I have the most beautiful grandchildren because of his rich deep skin tones and good teeth!

Now about your hair… I suggest you take a lot of B-Vitamins… you are under too much stress Andre- you are too young.

I look forward meeting you. Just so you know…
    this is what I look like ( just a little older) –

http://www.bobbydarin.net/images/worst.jpg πŸ™‚

20. jsm says:

GOP – Gay Old Party?

From Merriam-Webster:

gay
    Pronunciation: \?g?\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French gai, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German g?hi quick, sudden
    Date: 14th century
    1 a: happily excited : merry b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

21. jsm says:

GOP – Gay Old Party?

From Merriam-Webster:

gay
    Pronunciation: \?g?\
    Function: adjective
    Date: 14th century

22. GOPeach says:

What is everyone wearing tonight?

I rarely get out to political events … but a YR Christmas Party in Buckhead is not too far and since I practically know everyone here (sorta),
    I feel somewhat like I would be among friends.

Is it like jeans or business or cocktail?
    I am thinking cocktail…. even thought I do not drink them… I should say ” after 5″….So I was thinking of bringing my democrat son…. I would
    like to if anyone can convert him to vote republican! He sorta grew up republican and he saw too many “high brow – Country club” types and decided to go with the ‘common man types.

This makes me think … I should wear jeans to show him we are laid back and cool… but I would not want to be underdressed.

Any suggestions????

23. GodHatesTrash says:

GOPeach, jsm – how about instead of GOP use QOP?

Truth in advertising.

Have fun tonite guys – make sure there’s a condom machine in the men’s room…

24. GOPeach says:

I don’t believe it!

I missed the party due to unexpected guests! The kids came home from college and brought friends over…. I did not have the heart to just leave.

They wanted to hang out and watch ELF! We are watching it now … next the GRINCH!

I hope you are all having fun. Andre- it you made it … I am sorry I missed seeing you. Can I take a rain check?