Shocked!

So I get off work tonight at about 11:50 pm (I’ll explain later) and there’s all these text messages, phone message and email congratulating me. Then I come to PP and there’s (count ’em) three post congratulating me. Thanks everyone. I’m really shocked they picked my question.

1. GodHatesTrash says:

I’d be more shocked if you actually enlisted and went over to serve in that fiasco.

Shouldn’t you be fighting them over there as opposed to making videos over here about fighting them over there?

2. GodHatesTrash says:

You know, Buzz, think of all the great blogging and press you’d get if you enlisted. I can see it now…

Nov 30, 2007 CNN-Atlanta GA

Youtube debate questioner Buzz Brockway, who urged the GOP candidates to establish a long-term US military presence in Iraq, enlisted in the United States Marine Corps today. After basic training, Brockway hopes to be assigned to a front-line unit in embattled Anwar province.

“Hey, I’ve supported the War on Tare since the very beginning”, said Brockway. “All my vehicles have “Support the Troops” ribbons, and recently I sent several text messages to our soldiers all around the world. I blog for the war practically daily, and the video I made took a good three or four minutes out of my busy schedule, it was the least I could do to support my President and the troops.”

“But I felt I could do more, so I enlisted in the Marines.”

Cyberspace, especially RedState.com, is filling up with positive comments about Brockway’s decision.

Erick Erickson, the man behind RedState, says
    “we couldn’t be prouder of our boy Buzz. I’d sign up myself ‘ceptin’ I got other things to do, and besides I got this thing on my butt. Send us your mailing address, buddy, we’ll have us a cookie drive. We got your back.”

3. SpaceyG says:

Buzz, I was in the Press Room in St. Pete watching the debate live there. Of course as a member of the Press in the filled-to-capacity Big Ass Press room/ballroom, you’re supposed to be quiet and dignified and not react to anything much at all.

When your video popped up on the screen I was so so surprised and amazed that I blurted out like some 10-year old kid throught the whole hall, “Hey it’s Buzz!!!”

I got shushed by lots of MSM types for my delighted effort.

You go, Lawrenceville Dude, you go. Glad you weren’t eating vegetable products in your video.

4. IndyInjun says:

Hey, give Buzz a break. The way it sounds this morning, it looks like he was one of the few REPUBLICAN questioners selected!

5. jsm says:

February 1, 2009 Burlington, VT – This morning, as Vermonters were eating their granola and perfecting their air to fakies and five-o grinds, a missile destroyed one third of the state. Almost simultaneously, the Jihad Militia infantry of Al-Qaida North America moved into the state from the north.

“I don’t understand it,” said one known only as ‘God Hates Trash’, “President Hillary has been talking nice to them, and we’ve offered to have jihad sensitivity training in the schools. I think someone needs a hug.”

President Hillary is expected to visit the region once Al-Qaida NA has established a formal government in Montpelier. “We hope diplomatic efforts will encourage our terrorist friends to give back Vermont or at least be a little nicer to us,” said Hillary’s spokesperson. AP

6. Rogue109 says:

I’m glad:

1. Buzz’s question was picked.

2. SpaceyG got to remind us again she was in the spin room. I need hourly reminders on this from her and she always comes through.

7. GodHatesTrash says:

Pretty far-fetched funny fantasy there, jsm – almost as far-fetched as my fantasy of one of you chickenhawk war-bloggers actually enlisting.

8. Rogue109 says:

Bill: I could only be so lucky as to have a direct channel into the mind of SpaceyG: God’s gift to….everyone!

9. GodHatesTrash says:

Space, have you ever met the wife of one of your many detractors here?

My bet these guys are 1) long-time divorced (thankfully) or 2) the missus has two black eyes and looks like someone’s been using her as a punching bag and a Welcome mat…

The GOP – men who hate women, and the women who love them…

10. shep1975 says:

I tried to enlight. I was rejected.

By the way Trash, how was your tour of duty in Bosnia? Or did you go to Haiti? I know when Clinton called, you were the first to answer!

11. GodHatesTrash says:

Try again, shep. The bottom of the barrel is getting closer.

And, my service to the United States during the period of the Bosnian conflict is classified.

GOPeach – you are probably right – maybe all Larry Craig was doing was squatting to pee…

12. GodHatesTrash says:

Rugby – sounds like some remedial reading coursework should be on your agenda – I never said that.

Tell you what – get your mom to read my posts to you again, just slower this time.

13. GodHatesTrash says:

Anybody keeping score today?

Right now I have it GodHatesTrash 41, RedStaters, 0. And it’s not even halftime…

14. rugby_fan says:

Ah yes, my mistake, you didn’t say every man, just around, I am guessing, 60% of this site. Still worth of banishment.

Well explain this then…

Suppose God hates trash.

God is omni-benevolent, he is the absence of all evil.

How could he then be capable of hating anything?

15. GOPeach says:

Hey Fan-

You need to read your little Bible Baby –

Proverbs 6 tells of 7 things God hates!

16 There are six things the LORD hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes,
    a lying tongue,
    hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
    feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19 a false witness who pours out lies
    and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

So it goes like this.. ( Think of Body Parts!)

1. Haughty EYES
    2. Lying TONGUE
    3. HANDS that shed innocent blood ( like abortionists)
    4. HEART that devises wicked things
    5. FEET that run to evil
    6. False witness
    7. A man who stirs up discord and strife

Soooooooo maybe you can study up a little.

16. rugby_fan says:

Ah but GOPeach, God is the infinite source of goodness, he is the absence of evil.

And besides, he loves all his creation and we are all his creation, so there is by nature, nothing that God could hate.

17. GOPeach says:

You are the one who threadjacked Hun.

You are the one talking about GOD!!!!!
    Funny how you try to flip things around…
    You’re just mad because I told you the Truth-
    He is not Santa Claus…. He is the JUDGE of
    the living and the dead.

Your theology needs a little tweaking.

18. dorian says:

She named herself after that nutjob preacher who protests the funerals of the vets. he has a website “godhatesfags”, so she named herself “godhatestrash”. Her persona is a liberal reflection of Phelps. It’s an act, in other words.

19. GodHatesTrash says:

Uh-oh GOPeach.

Looks like your backtalk to rugby has got you in some trouble. You’re probably next on the banishment list.

Look, bottomline, you women need to mind your manners here.

Speak nicely and deferentially to the nice conservative men here, or don’t speak at all. Start your posts with “excuse me sir, I know I’m just a girl, but…”

And don’t you dare speak out of turn.

20. TPSoCal says:

Oh don’t banish GHT. As much as I disagree with GHT, and I could not disagree more, GHT does crack me up. GHT adds a little spice and reminds us what we’re up against.

21. IndyInjun says:

Rugby,

Not ALL men here are GOPers.

Also, the hearts Buzz won are in BEIJING.

They must be overjoyed that here in Georgia the redstate GOP apologists want to give them even MORE TIME and more monetary domination to move toward checkmate on the global stage.

22. GodHatesTrash says:

Good point, TP – and when you think about how stupid Buzz’s question was, it makes you wonder how moronic the questions from other actual GOPers must have been…

23. IndyInjun says:

TP,

Good. You agree with my 11/29 post at the 9:31 mark.

Buzz’s question was only stupid for omitting how he wants to pay for it this side of adding to Beijing’s stranglehold on US interest rates.