A Note to Our Front Page Contributors

We are a Georgia political blog, not a national political blog.

Just keep that in mind. Occasional deviations for good cause are fine. Regular deviations are not.

And it’s not just me. The readers have repeatedly expressed the same in both the comments and in emails.

1. Bill Simon says:

But, isn’t Georgia the center of the free world? Where’s your sense of patronage to this great and wonderful state?

Everything that happens in the world affects SOMEONE in Georgia.

2. Doug Deal says:

Just as the bi-partisan slant of front page non Georgia related posts gets back in balance with the return of Bull Moose, Erick suddenly cracks down. Who would have thought.

3. Victor, a quick clarification: The Brain Train group hopes that the feds will put up 80 percent for the construction costs, as has been done in other states. The spokesperson for the Brain Train corrected me on my post at Fresh Loaf and said that as of right now, there is only funding in place for the Atlanta-Lovejoy line (which would eventually lead to Macon).

The Brain Train, from what the group told me, is still in the early stages.

4. Chris says:

I want to know what everyone’s thoughts are on Mikheil Saakashvili state of emergency, and the leftists call for him to resign.

5. Chris says:

The Brain Train, from what the group told me, is still in the early stages.

Now there is an abortion I can get behind.

6. JRM2016 says:

Just a quick question—we have GEORGIA Presidential Primaries on Feb. 5. So are front page posters allowed to post on that subject (a la Bull Moose’s “Mitt Phoney”)?

7. juliobarrios says:

I think there are plenty of other national political blogs to discuss Presidential politics. I don’t know why people feel the need to force the issue or connect it to Georgia in an indirect way.

8. Rogue109 says:

“With GA more in play as a possible BLUE state in ?08, then where do you draw the line, Master Erick?”

With you, SpaceyG.

9. StevePerkins says:

Ehh, I dunno… I like the current variety, and don’t think that Peach Pundit is straying TOO far from a Georgia-centric focus. In all frankness, the main reason that any people make it an issue is because Spacey is the main “offender”… and she’s further to the left than most front-page posters. No one says a peep when one of the more right-wingers talks about Mitt or Rudy or “Fred!!!”… or conservative happenings at the national level.

Besides, how many redundant posts can one blog redundantly hold about the freaking GREAT Plan?!? That’s one topic I’d love to see a Ron Paul ban on…

10. Chris says:

Sorry Steve,

GREAT Plan/GlennTax is going to be a major fundemental change to how Georgia Government works. Not talking about that would be like RedState not talking about the 2008 Presidential Election.

11. Donkey Kong says:

When we have legislators like Glenn Richardson who actually has the courage to propose sweeping reform, why does his legislation need to be this bad? It’s just not a good idea to further centralize taxpayer money.

Whether you like the plan or not, love the fact that Speaker Richardson and Rep. Ehrhart have the courage to propose the widespread reform that is necessary to improve our state. I just wish the plan wasn’t so bad.

12. rugby_fan says:

I didn’t know we were in a state of emergency but I sure am glad we are out of it.

And I thought Sonny was in charge of Georgia, not some fellow named Saakashvili.

This, frankly, is disturbing to me.

How can Peach Pundit miss the swearing in of Paul Broun (if it even happened), and now a wave of opposition protests, a state of emergency, and what appears to be a total change in leadership!

Wasn’t this blog supposed to be dedicated to the freshest of political pickins from Georgia?

13. StevePerkins says:

Chris –

I’m not saying that the Speaker’s proposal isn’t an important issue. What I AM saying, is that it’s silly to see 3 or 4 different posts about it each any every day. Over 90% of the posts contribute NO new angle or news whatsoever… they’re just the front-page posters taking turns saying, “Okay, now it’s MY turn to mention it and ask for comments.” I haven’t heard one single original new thought on the issue in over a month, either from front-page posters or in the comments. In that regard, it’s certainly fair to say that the current coverage level is overkill… if you have nothing new to say at all, then stop rehashing the same dead horses every day.

14. Actually, Sonny wasn’t sworn in the second time so this guy Mikhail shows up and ala Alexander Haig says “I’m in charge here.” Of course that necessitated the state of emergency from which we’ve now emerged.

We still don’t have enough water though…

15. Chris says:

Buzz.

I blame the Putin Administration and those annoying Azerbajanies down river for Georgia’s water-woes.

Time for an Aqua-Revolution!