1. Karen Arms thinks that telling people that all Republicans are greedy, racists, gay-haters will bring the Democrats back to power in Georgia.

Somebody needs to tell her to get a new strategy ’cause they Democrats have been using her’s for forty years now.

2. MSBassSinger says:

I watched the YouTube rendition of this lady. Apparently, she arrived here recently from some parallel universe, or she is as ignorant of history as most liberals.

The influx of jobs and investment from the union-riddled North during the 60s and 70s raised the income of Southerners, not naive and wasteful government programs that didn’t work. The programs that she lauds were the direct cause of keeping minorities in poverty and dependent on government. It is not a leap in reasoning to see how the Democrat party wanted to trick minorities into dependency on them so they could recreate the 20th century equivalent of the plantation.

She fails to credit native Southerners for a huge 180 from racism during the 60s and 70s. It was our good sense as Southerners and the consistent teachings in our churches that changed so many people’s minds about minorities. If you remember, the same segregtion laws that were enforced in the South began to be implemented in places like Boston, and the outcry was nigh onto violent. Then suddenly, once it affected them, the laws became unpopular. We in the South found a way to change things, but Northerners didn’t fare so well.

She forgets that the civil rights laws were passed only because Republicans voted for them, and it was Democrats who created Jim Crow laws and Democrats that wanted to keep segregation. She forgets that John Kennedy resisted these civil rights laws that Johnson later championed and sought Republican support because he didn’t have enough Democrat support.

This woman is clearly a naive Marxist-influenced Democrat who will have the narrow, small-minded appeal of a Howard Dean. The more Georgia Democrats who, like her, are honest about their ultraliberal views, the better chance we’ll get more conservatives and fewer Democrats and RINOs in Georgia.

3. jsm says:

What a pile of crap. She has a nice little catch phrase about the Dems “investing in people.” How have those “investments” (Medicare, Social Security, unemployment insurance, etc.) turned out? Would you make the same “investment” with your money? You already have. Whose money has our government “invested,” anyway?

Conservatives invest in people by letting them keep the money they earn and exercise freedom in how they spend it, thus boosting an economy which offers them more opportunities.

According to her logic, President Bush ought to be on her list of favorite presidents for “investing in people.” Remember the medicare prescription plan, for instance? Let’s see how that “investment” turns out in the long run.

Her name-calling sounds just as ludicrous as that of Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan. She will engender the same credibility they have with the American people as well. Her language toward the end is classless for a political speech, and she demonstrates bitterness, which appeals to no one outside the far left fringe.

I’ll be watching for this butt-kicking she’s supposed to deliver.

4. cheapseats says:

This woman absolutely NAILED it! 3 cheers!

Avoiding the labels “Democrat” and “Republican” and using, instead, the labels “Liberal” and “Conservative” would have been the only improvement because, as others are so quick to point out, Southern Democrats in the 50’s and 60’s were actually the mirror image of Republicans today. True, so true, that the Republicans were much more responsible for advancing the civil rights movement than were the Southern Dems of that era.

Times have most certainly changed!

But liberals do tend to spend most of their time on the common good and conservatives tend to focus on their own wallets. I don’t think you can argue that. Have some of the liberals attempts failed to produce what they wanted? Sure.

But, the conservatives don’t even make an attempt so, where’s your idea for helping EVERYONE – not just your own pockets?

Good on her and shame on those who try to bash her!

5. CobbGOPer says:

“But liberals do tend to spend most of their time on the common good…”

To the detriment of individual liberty. If you believe the things this woman says are correct, you would be better off moving to Britain, where socialism is embraced. I’m sure you’ll love it there, I hear the yobs and chavs are really nice people who will hold your beer for you while they stomp your head in, because no one but the government is allowed to own a firearm for protection.

6. GodHatesTrash says:

“Greedy, race-baiting, xenophobic sorry asses…”

A long-winded way to say “Georgia Republicans.”

But I like it!

Thanks Space!

7. GodHatesTrash says:

Jmac, like Ms. Arms said, these silly rednecks would still be living in caves, shacks and lean-tos if it weren’t for the largesse of the Feds and us do-gooder Yankees.

Maybe the water shortage wouldn’t be so bad though – they’d still have “outdoor plumbin'”.

8. jsm says:

“Social Security all but eliminated elderly poverty, unemployment insurance like Cobra enables out-of-work individuals to have a modicum of health coverage and Medicare offers reasonable health coverage to senior citizens.”

I’ve got some really nice beachfront property in Arizona I want to sell you. You’ll really like it.

9. jsm says:

Keep ignoring the bankrupting of Social Security and I WON’T be able to take you up on that “eliminated elderly poverty” crock.

10. TPSoCal says:

Wow, she’s a hateful little witch. If she is representative of the Ga dem party, I will proudly call myself a Republican!

11. GodHatesTrash says:

I always am tickled by posts like TPSoCal’s.

Dude, proudly call yourself a Repuke – you are, after all, the typical idiot attracted to that party.

12. lawstudent says:

I hope she realizes that speeches like hers are what makes most young people ( I did stress most) uninterested in politics. Most speeches and debates are either mindless drivel or a cross between cursing like a sailor and a playground name-calling contest.

13. TPSoCal says:

Wow, GHT, didn’t realize you were paying attention. I’m honored. Based on your posts, I will take you calling me an idiot high praise. I would be concerned if you liked me. I have been called worse by your ilk. I have worked in Hollywood for the past 12 years and I am used to pompous libs.

14. GOPeach says:

Debbie-

What’s the FRUITCAKE Lady doing with black goth finger nails??? LOL!

Oh and about the Bri-Dem Woman… Gag me with a Union Jack! She is a socialist no doubt. 🙂

15. GodHatesTrash says:

Being that you’re a mens room attendant in Hollywood, TPSoCal, I bet you meet all kinds.

And I bet you’re great at your job, what with your wide stance and all.

“Can I help you with your zipper, sir?”

16. TPSoCal says:

That’s actually a very clever comeback. It made me laugh. However, if your going to link me to a Republican sex scandal, I would prefer David Vitter’s scandal to Larry Craig’s.

Thanks.

17. GodHatesTrash says:

Well, the good Senator Vitter supposedly likes the ladies enough to pay for them, but he likes them to diaper him too… freaky-deaky, but hey, he’s from Loseriana. Google “Vitter and diaper”