1. drjay says:

“I have announced my candidacy for the
    U.S. Senate soon.”

and i know my website has a couple of typos i never fixed–but this is seriously the 1st line of text in mrs. martinez’ website–and she is some kind of teacher, educator person apparently…

2. candlerpark says:

I hope you are joking about Puerto Rico, Dr Jay. . . You do know that Puerto Ricans are American Citizens just as Atlantans are, dont you?

Puerto Ricans have been citizens since 1917 . . . . Even if they do speak Spanish.

But I’m sure you knew that.

3. juliobarrios says:

Me think she great teacher. She I no vote for Vernon Jones I vote for Maggie soon. She understand Constitution more then Vernon. Maggie be a Democrat.

4. Loren says:

It doesn’t matter whether Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. or not. Senators don’t have to be native-born. They merely must have been citizens for at least nine years prior to taking office.

5. Donkey Kong says:

“The water crisis in Georgia is one of my
    main concerns right now. We must move
    forward to preserve this precious liquid.”

“precious liquid??” LOL.

Her writing is atrocious. Can’t she find somebody who knows how to write?? Heck, pay me $100 and I’ll rewrite everything on her site.

6. “I can no longer sit back and allow Republican infiltration, Republican indoctrination, Republican subversion, and the international Republican conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily liquids.”

7. drjay says:

if that is the case w/ her agency she will be considered to have resigned her seat once she qualifies for the election–but a lot of times if you are running on a different level of gov’t you are o.k. (meaning if she were running for state senate, or ltguv or some such she could not stay on that board but since she is running for a federal office she is o.k. on that count)

8. ChuckEaton says:

RualDem-

It’s even worse than you think, she simply just “cut and pasted” the Dem Party’s national platform onto her site – basically inserting “I” where the Party had “we” on their website. I’m gathering she doesn’t get into too many philosophical debates on the issues.

I also love the fact that she’s having so many campaign events in Puerto Rico.