1. GOPeach says:

Hummmmm –

“For chrissake, if anyone is more utterly irrelevant to contemporary Georgia women it would be Nancy Schaefer.” …

WHAT? Are you kidding me? Now THAT is funny!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I know you are from South Carolina, Space-
    and maybe you have not seen the way GA votes for too long… but I can promise you the majority of women voters are PRO-LIFE !

This is why we have a PRO-LIFE Governor,
    a PRO-LIFE majority in the Senate and the
    House….

SENATOR SCHAEFER represents Georgia –
    Senator Clinton represents New York.

H-U-G-E difference!

We LOVE our little PEACHY BABIES here!

2. Mark Rountree says:

I just think you’re off here Grayson. The Georgia Gang is not intended to be an always-on-the-edge-of-news program. It’s to review and put news into perspective; in my mind it’s in a similar function to what magazines did vs. newspapers 20 years ago.

I don’t think their goal is to compete with the internet web sites, and never has been. It’s to judge what’s striking commentators as relevant.

I have heard for many years, however, that at least one commentator on the show does lobbying work (for Dekalb County/Vernon Jones, for example), then does commentary on items directly or indirectly affecting that client without identifying their business relationship.

Can anyone (truly) confirm if that is accurate, or heard the same thing?

3. juliobarrios says:

I’ve heard the same thing about two of the commentators. Both of them allegedly are paid / do consulting work for various candidates / companies / utilities and then carry their water for them on the show without disclosing the relationship.

Spacey-

It’s a little ironic how much you consider the show to be irrelevant and yet obsess over it at the same time.

4. rugby_fan says:

GOPeach:

I couldn’t pass this one up.

Only a quarter of women are pro life.

Most women, like the rest of America, are in the middle.

That said, more women are pro choice than pro life.

And Spacey, whats the point of your GG hatred?

Let it go.

“New media” has been around for how many years and you can safely say its how things will be done forever while ignoring the fact that “old media” isn’t going anywhere.

And I guess we can easily say a show with one hundred years combined experience (I am guessing my number is low) covering Georgia politics knows nothing compared to you and me, am I correct?

5. IndyInjun says:

Maybe the GG has a point.

Erick’s FRED!!!! is DOWN 5% in NH, while RON PAUL is UP 5%.

Did the earth over in Macon tremble a bit?

6. atlantaman says:

A common mistake most die-hard liberals make: “If I believe in something then the majority of everyone else must also believe it.” It’s the fundamental tenent for their entire philosophy in determining which sympathetic social cause is more worthy of wealth redistribution.

I got news for you, the contemporary Georgia woman has a lot more in common with Schaefer than Orock, Drenner or Benefield. Unless you define contemporary as liberal.

Where is your evidence – mine is the voting booth and the fact Mark Taylor, Jim Martin and Gail Buckner all lost.

7. juliobarrios says:

I think the problem is that you’re confusing the contemporary Georgia woman with the contemporary Decatur, Georgia woman – the two could not be more different.

You really should get outside of Dekalb and Fulton more, believe it or not there are 157 other counties in Georgia.

8. Jmac says:

… believe it or not there are 157 other counties in Georgia.

As an aside, a fun way to pass the time on a long trip is to try and name all of ’em. You’ll need a legal pad and a pen, and it helps to be a dork too, but it ain’t that easy.

9. Holly says:

Since I’m a woman, I guess I’m allowed to have an opinion on this thread?

I think the Georgia Gang is still fairly relevant. Okay, so they sit around and gab a good deal, but they are seasoned politicians and / or reporters who have spent a lot of time in Georgia, getting to see how the state reacts over long periods of time, which would give them insight to trends and changes. So I think they still have their place.

And now my aside, to go along with the previous aside: I was driving on I-95 last night and saw a tag from Irwin County for the first time ever.

10. Rogue109 says:

“I love this blog. Where else could so many people with zero female body parts weigh in on issues that are important to those with

11. Amber says:

SpaceyG, don’t you pay no mind to all these ultra-solemn haters. This post was hilarious and I don’t know what kind of bug is up their collective ass.

Jmac, did you have to memorize all the counties in Georgia History too? We did, in 8th grade, and we had to label them all on a map. Doubt I could do it now, though.

12. In the loop says:

I am not the one who pissed off the Georgia Gang.

That would be Jason Winders, the ABH executive editor, who wrote a blog post last week calling them irrelevent.

He should have added “thin-skinned.”

13. GOPeach says:

Rugby- sweetheart …

You sited a link from 2003 CBS poll in NYC.
    We are taking about G E O R G I A ! Ya follow?

Now … You just let PEACH take a poll- I betcha
    I get another read.

Spacey

When I was pregnant with my boys – they had different body parts than me…. I was well aware of the difference. I felt totally different when I was pregnant with my girls.

juliobarrios –

You are so right …
    BIG dif from DeKalb and Cherokee Co.
    or Fulton and Paulding …

Most Georgia Girls can have babies, go to
    college, have great jobs and great kids!

14. jm says:

GOPeach: I think you outlined the difference between GA and NY women right there:

Most Georgia Girls can have babies, go to
    college, have great jobs and great kids!

In NY, they tend to wait til after high school to have their babies.

15. GOPeach says:

JM-

It’s because the girls in the NY high schools abort their babies before graduation… They get condoms from the school nurse hoping they won’t break or slip off while they are having sex…. Sadly – we all know THAT doesn’t

No sex- no babies. It’s really not too hard to calculate.

Seriously-

Studies show that it is the presence of a father in a home that reduces teen pregnancy. Girls are not out looking for love from a man if they have the love of their father.

I encourage all single mothers to find someone to be as a father to their daughters – a grandfather, an uncle, a friend, a minister, a coach. a teacher… etc this is key!