1. ToddH says:

I live near Waycross so I saw the report on the Jacksonville CBS affiliate and I have to say that after living down in southeast Georgia most of my life I’m not really surprised. I’ve heard worse and seen worse myself. I remember applying for a job at PCC Airfoils in Douglas, GA and was getting the walking tour and the supervisor that was my tour guide, an older white man, patted this young Latino employee and told me that he was their “resident wetback,” with the young Latino standing right there. That is minor stuff to other things I’ve heard and seen.

2. Mike Hauncho says:

Not to say that it didn’t happen but if a sign says “OUT OF ORDER” is that racial discrimination? Do people of different races read that differently?

3. ToddH says:

chris,

Conservatives can’t read. I watched the debate on defense appropriations on CSPAN yesterday and watched as a stream of Republicans accused Democrats of sticking pork in the bill in the form of money for golf lessons, saying why did troops in the field need money for golf lessons and that is was another hypocrisy of the Democratics on earmarks. They really thought they had an issue, that is until the Democrat who inserted that money in the bill came to the floor, Jim Clyburn, to explain that the money was going to putting golf courses on military bases for servicemembers families.

Not a peep after that.

4. GodHatesTrash says:

If us Yankees knew you were going to fight over flush toilets, we never would have gave them to you.

Seriously though, can you morons be any stupider?

You’re a national disgrace, an international embarrassment.

5. Mark Rountree says:

Oscar the Grouch: you write: “If us Yankees”… and “we never would have gave them to you.”

Wow.

Extremism in the defense of the English language is not a vice.

Apparently, being uneducated and intolerant might just be a universal problem.

6. As an occasional contractor on work sites all over this country, the practice of deciding who can and who can’t use a toilet is not just in Georgia and is not just relegated to race.

Anywho, it is not right and if her story is true, which it may well be, then GP has really screwed the pooch and should pay the price of a stupid policy.

7. GOPeach says:

When I was pregnant, I used to have to wee wee
    quite often … so I would go to a store and ask
    to use the potty-

Many cashiers would say I could not use the
    Ladies room, So I would ask to use the Boys
    room. NOPE! They would say, hands folded
    across their fat bellies… bigger than mine
    and I was 8-9 mos. pregnant.

So one day — I peed in the floor!
    I am serious! Pregnant ladies GOTTA GO!!

The next time I went to THAT store…
    the fat little man threw the key at me! LOL!!

Sooo if they don’t let you go – Piss in the floor.
    Let them figure out if it is Black piss or White piss!

8. jm says:

Racists were easier to figure out when they wore their stupid white hats. A lot of the young guys that wore those hats 40 years ago are the same guys; just older, and without hats.

9. GOPeach says:

Mark –

My grandfather who lived his who life on Mt. Vernon Rd in Dunwoody, used to say, ” Southern people may not read but they sure can write.”