Charlie Rangel’s MOATH (Mother of All Tax-Hikes), by District

I found this on the Club for Growth blog. It’s actually from the Heritage Foundation. You can see an estimate of what Charlie Rangel’s MOATH will cost your congressional district.

GA-1, Rep. Jack Kingston (R)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,788
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $200
Jobs lost in 2012: 1,951

GA-2, Rep. Sanford Bishop (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,438
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $162
Jobs lost in 2012: 1,753

GA-3, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,461
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $160
Jobs lost in 2012: 1,791

GA-4, Rep. Hank Johnson (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $2,135
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $247
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,306

GA-5, Rep. John Lewis (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,915
GDP loss (in million) in 2012: $304
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,304

GA-6, Rep. Tom Price (R)
Average income loss per household in 2010: $3,540
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $436
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,783

GA-7, Rep. John Linder (R)
Average income loss per household in 20012: $3,003
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $335
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,877

GA-8, Rep. Jim Marshall (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $2,479
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $282
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,585

GA-9, Rep. Nathan Deal (R)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,919
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $227
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,302

GA-10, Rep. Paul Broun (R)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $2,055
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $242
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,535

GA-11, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,781
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $190
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,132

GA-12, Rep. John Barrow (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,544
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $164
Jobs lost in 2012: 1,944

GA-13, Rep. David Scott (D)
Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,925
GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $222
Jobs lost in 2012: 2,559

State Totals:
Average income loss per household in 2012: $2,076
GDP loss in 2012: $3,172,000,000
Jobs lost in 2012: 29,822

1. Jace,

Rangel doesn’t care about any of that because his bill would benefit his donors.

To use the read more function make sure “Use the visual editor when writing” is not selected in your profile, then type “< ! - - more - - >” at the place where you want to split the post (remove the spaces in between each character).

It took me forever to figure out how to use that function. 😉

2. I Am Jacks Post says:

GA-1, Rep. Jack Kingston (R)
    Average income loss per household in 2012: $1,788
    GDP loss (in millions) in 2012: $200
    Jobs lost in 2012: 1,951

Interestingly, that’s about the same amount that Kingston’s approps votes cost every family each year.

3. Jmac says:

There are two fundamental flaws with those figures.

1. It makes an assumption on job loss which is difficult to verify, particularly based on the fact that it includes a very large tax reduction for middle-class and lower-class families who typically spend more regularly in the marketplace. More families with more cash has the real potential to let the economy grow and offset the increases on the upper-end of the spectrum.

2. The average income loss is completely misleading as it lumps in the increases for wealthier families with the reductions for lower-class and middle-class families. Wealthier families, by virtue of being wealthier, will disproportionately affect the ‘average income loss’ statistic.

I can see a fair argument against the tax based on the GDP and jobs lost, though as I noted it’s up for debate, but the latter one is completely (and deliberately) misleading to the discussion.

4. ToddH says:

Jmac,

Ssshh! Don’t you know that tax cuts are only for the super rich and not for the middle class. I mean, they won’t even let us have health care.

Rangel’s plan is revenue neutral, but Supply Side Jesus doesn’t like that so Uncle Miltie’s Will Be Done! So Sayeth Saint Roark!

5. John Konop says:

Republican National Committe
    It is a serious assault on Free Speech when the RNC and other GOP Factions seek to bar the speech of an official candidate for President in the race for the Republican nomination. Ron Paul is under attack by FOX News and various analysts who actually believe he should be removed from debates and the party itself.

The Republican Party and the RNC are afraid that a real candidate would jeopardize their hijacking of conservative issues. It is clear that a real candidate like Ron Paul would reinstate adherence to the Constitutional intent of government

6. Hey, FOX banned me from the Florida Presidential Forum, AFA banned me from the Value Voters debate, and you didn’t see me whining about it. 😉

If they choose to ban a candidate, any candidate, then they do it at their own peril. In may case it won’t make a hill of beans but in the Paul case they will just have to live with the consequences.

7. BubbaRich says:

John:

In a recent thread, somebody asked what it was that Ron Paul supporters did that made other people always think they were crazy. Thanks for providing an example. This statement:

“Ron Paul is the FRONT RUNNER in this race[…]”

should give you another crazy Ron Paul supporter merit badge.

Ron Paul is contending as well as several of the minor candidates in national polls, worse in early-primary states. I’ve had mixed feelings about this issue over the years, but the political party has the right to choose who can participate in debates and primaries, as Stephen Colbert just re-affirmed. Ron Paul is opposing the Republican Party on several issues.

I’d expect to hear more grousing from Democrats about “rejecting viable candidates” than from Republicans, since having Ron Paul fighting the Republican Party will make it easier to elect President Hillary. You’re really a Clinton operative in disguise, aren’t you?

8. John Konop says:

Bubba Rich

Ron Paul has raised 4.5mm in one day a record! In New Hampshire he is polling as well better than other candidates invited to the debate.

As I said I do not 100% agree with Ron Paul on issues but I do believe in free speech.

This petition I did not write it is being sent around the internet. Yet anyone who supports not letting Ron Paul debate does not support freedom of speech! And any Republican who wants Ron Paul out of the Party does not respect the conservative roots of Barry Goldwater.

Any American who respects out Constitution would sign the petition bottom line!

9. John Konop says:

Kendrail

I have not decided who I am supporting in 08.

I am for free speech unlike some of you. I think it was Steve who pointed out the more the GOP insiders play games with Ron Paul the more it pushes people his way!

BUZZ,

As far as the thread RON PAUL is DR NO! Do you no why they call him that? I will give you hint it has to do with the topic on the thread. It has to do with the reason we are 9 trillion in the RED! It has to do with why we are talking about a tax increase. DO YOU NEED ANYMORE HINTS?

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND IT MIGHT CONNECT WITH YOU!

10. jm says:

I take the original article with a big grain of salt, as it came from the Heritage Foundation. Same thing with Kos’ Blog, etc. I just don’t trust any of those guys when they make projections like this. I’ve calculated how much I will lose from Rangel’s bill: $0, I don’t have those kinds of investments, and most people don’t. I will actually be saved from a huge tax bill if we hit the AMT. The average income lost number do not tell me how big of an impact (number of people ) it will affect. But clearly, I’m a pretty typical American, so I think the impact of this is going to be small.

As far as Konop’s post: I agree with you that Ron Paul is important, and I wish more people would hear what he has to say. But this wasn’t the place to say that. In my opinion, if the election were only held on the Internet, we’d end up with Paul vs Kucinich on the final ballot. But we all know the role traditional media has here, so I predict it will be Romney vs Clinton. Republicans can’t risk a NY rematch.

11. John Konop says:

I did find it ironic that in a post about complaining about taxes, you have people not wanting the guy (Ron Paul) who is best known for not voting for tax hikes and cutting spending is being pushed out of the GOP by insiders.

My question to GOP insiders do you think because Thompson is trailing Ron Paul and Huckabee is tied in the polls should they be left out of the debate as fringe candidates?

FOX-Romney led all Republicans with 33 percent, followed by former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani with 22 percent and Arizona Sen. John McCain with 13 percent. U.S. Rep. Ron Paul and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee each had 7 percent, with former Tennessee senator Fred Thompson at 5 percent.

12. NonPartisanGA says:

Ron Paul’s candidacy reminds me of Pat Paulsen’s. Was Ron with Dennis Kucinich when he saw that UFO?