1. Mark Rountree says:

Dick Williams does a good job keeping up with campaign and political issues. I appreciate that he, Phil, and Martha Zoller are independent enough to take a stick against fellow Republicans when they deserve it, not just attack along predictable partisan lines.

But, and I say this constructively, most political junkies, who are the core viewers of the show just don’t care much about items that are essentially non-political (analysis of Delta Airlines, who got promoted at Coca Cola, sports, news at the non-profits, etc).

I can get that news elsewhere. While I’m sure it might be interesting to some people, I don’t think those folks who really watch the show regularly.

It’s most interesting and successful as a political show, covering real politics, intrigue, and campaigns.

There is a television market for a Georgia show that does analysis of hard political news and campaign coverage: not just the “he said/she said” stuff found on public broadcasting, and not the investigative gotcha-news of the broadcasters–

A live or nearly-live show with real political and campaign analysis by similarly credible, reasonably well known media reporters, operatives, and lobbyists, etc.

2. GodHatesTrash says:

Hint – if someone thinks Martha Zollar is anything other than a carny flim-flammer, they are not ready for “sophisticated, more in-depth fare.”

3. Mark Rountree says:

Au contraire, Oscar the Grouch. Like her or not, Martha does a good job as a conservative being independent from the Party line.

But then, I don’t think we’d expect you to understand being independent of the Party line…

4. I used to be a regular, but now depend on James to let me know if I missed something of note.

I might be old-school myself, but I still consider Bill Shipp to be the Dean of Georgia Politics and Journalism. When he was a regular, I rarely missed a show. Alas, he’s now off and two of the regulars are professional lobbyists who spend much of their time shilling their causes.

5. Mark Rountree says:

Sid– I miss Tom Houck!

Characters like Tom, full throttle down the accelerator of life, just don’t convey over the internet. He is missed.

6. Don’t get it on Direct TV, but Phil Kent is one neat fellow. He never skips a beat and adds some humor and zip to the dirty game of politics. He also has written some pretty insightful books.

7. Nah, Its so early out, I’ve been messing around with some new software. I borrowed one of Cobb County’s graphics and slapped some text on it.

I’ve simply been organizing an effective team, raising money and watching whats going on our local government. From all indicators, next year is going to be an interesting one, again, in Bibb County. http://mauriceatkinson.com/contribute.aspx

8. SpaceyG says:

Best in-depth GA politics show is really Wilson Smith’s What Is Going On:

I’d only have a show if Tom Houck was a regular on it. He’s STILL very outspoken and well-connected and funny and informed. Moreso than most of the dino crowd that’s fer sure. He actually gets out of the house, hitting more parties and gatherings per week than a college student.

You can get a glimpse of Houck in this vid here. And of course he still holds court at Manuel’s most Tuesday nights:

9. Jmac says:

He also has written some pretty insightful books.

Wow.

Listen, I’ve known him for years, and I consider him a friend … but his books are anything but insightful.

10. Still Looking says:

t is the best we got

Williams works around his obvious hard right viewpoint to allow others to present opposing views. That

11. Mark Rountree says:

Still looking:

This has got to be the dumbest comment on Peach pundit this week: “Politics in Georgia is still about race 90% of the time.”

I think it says more about you than it does the state of Georgia.

And your bigoted comments about Phil Kent are beneath even replying to.

12. Still Looking says:

Connect the Dots Mark

I must be blind to see any racial element associated with Grady Hospital solvency, public education funding, Peach Care, voter identification, Genarlow Wilson, the Atlanta police department, the break-up of Fulton County, expanding MARTA or commuter rail or control of Hartsfield. Ask a County Commissioner or City Councilman from a local government where the black-white composition is nearly even if race is ever a factor in their deliberations. And heaven forbid that race might be found just below the surface of discussion when the General Assembly convenes. Just because we don

13. Rogue109 says:

So, the whole point of this entry from SpaceyG is to say that GG isn’t cutting edge. Wow. And, yet…it’s still on the air.

Oh, and of course this entry had to make fun of a conservative. How could I forget that!

14. GodHatesTrash says:

A story about Phil Kent’s old boss:

AP
    October 4, 2000
    Southeastern Legal Foundation Director Charged With Indecency

Oct. 4, 2000 | ATLANTA (AP) — The leader of a conservative legal foundation seeking to have President Clinton disbarred was charged with public indecency.

An undercover federal officer said he saw Matthew J. Glavin fondling himself on May 17 on a trail in the Chattahoochee National River Park in Gwinnett County, just east of Atlanta. The officer said Glavin also fondled him after the two started talking.

Glavin, 47, president and chief executive of the Atlanta-based Southeastern Legal Foundation, denied the charges. He was in U.S. District Court in connection with the case on Tuesday but did not enter a plea because his hearing was rescheduled.

The foundation, which Glavin has led since 1994, has fought to abolish Atlanta’s affirmative action program and sued to have Clinton disbarred for lying under oath in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case.

Sorta looks like Phil likes working for hypocrites…

15. Jmac, his last book talks about how 501(c)3 organizations have embedded themselves in the political landscape. Its quite interesting. In fact, the problem is even more pervasive than his book demonstrates. It seems almost anyone can have a 501(c)3 and abuse the tax code for their own purposes.

Phil is an awesome person and quite knowledgeable, witty and is quite effective.

16. Bill Simon says:

Still Looking,

The SE Legal Foundation has done many good things for all Georgians.

Don’t try to paint it as something akin to YOUR Left-Wing legal groups.

17. Mark Rountree says:

Dear Mr./Ms. Still Looking,

It must be sad to go through life with your world view that fixing Grady mismanagement and potential corruption is racial…that preventing Fulton County from pillaging taxpayers is racial…that allowing people in Fulton County to vote on whether to control their own communities is racial…that the Atlanta Police Dept is racist…it goes on.

You are one sad sack of liberal intolerance.

18. GodHatesTrash says:

Yes, Simple, they do all this wonderful stuff AND still have time to go the park –

well, at least to the mens room at the park…

19. Still Looking says:

Mark, snap out of it! You’re not thinking!

The problems aren’t racial, but the solutions require people of different views and race to reach a consensus. That isn’t easy to accomplish. Therefore race is involved in politics and policy and governance. This isn