Any of you guys know someone big at the Atlanta Airport?

Here’s the thing, this is my second time to stop at the Burger King in Concourse D.

Two weeks ago, I stood there for about five minutes with three other people behind me, thinking that the lady at the register must be doing something very important. Then she looked up and said

1. GodHatesTrash says:

Those airports are dangerous places for you GOPers.

Be sure and wear a condom and practice safe sex.

2. Erick Erickson:
    World Famous Blogger
    Globe Trotter
    City Councilperson Elect
    Photographer
    Nordic Chef
    Airport Fast Food Restaurant Critic
    FDA Inspector

But you’re on to something. E-Coli ate my mitral valve, five years ago this weekend, which pre-empted a few M.I.s. It could have been worse and you could be eating hospital food for about two months. Now that’s a food outfit i can critique. the simple reason hospital food is so questionably disagreeable is that all the food tastes steam together and become one, under their domed-plate cover, just like at the gold dome.

If you get short of breath tonight, drop me an email and i’ll rush you to the hospital of your choice and blog about it on the way. I drove myself, it’s quicker…

3. ondichliberty88 says:

You know how food in Airports is more expensive than elsewhere. I guess it’s no more safer than cheap food. That BK sounded atrocious. That’s City of Atlanta for you. They thought they were getting a normal mall-like food court, but got fast food from Hell.

4. Chris says:

Atlanta Health Dept. isn’t going to shut that BK down. Its probably owned or managed by a relative of someone on the City Council.

My recommendation is to talk to BK corporate and get them to yank the franchise.

5. Jason O says:

Always eat at Paschals when you are frequenting Hartsfield. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they will never let you down.

6. GodHatesTrash says:

“Someone big at the Atlanta airport”… Sounds like Larry Craig’s dream date.

Are you pimpin’ for the good Senator, Erick?

Maybe you could get your new buddy Clarence Thomas to get his friend Long Dong Silver to meet you in a mens room there for a Coke and a smile…

7. emily says:

Seriously Erick, you shouldn’t be eating that crap. More seriously, might want to check into Mayor Franklin’s children and ex-husband’s connections in that dept.

8. MGD, it should have been preceded. I had recently turned on the radio for the first time in 12 years and some regional radio talk show host had been pre-empted by guest host Erick Erickson. So i guess, preceding that mistake, i should have gone ahead and conceded that Erick was almost postdefacto the king of all media in mid-ga, whether he ate at Burger King or not. He usually leaves is outdoor lights on 24/7 but today they were off, i’m kinda worried…

thanks for askin.

9. NonPartisanGA says:

Below is on the behalf of Rafael Jauregui (AGM HMSHOST)-

Eric,

First I would like to apologize for your recent visit. I am Rafael J , Assistant GM for HMS Host. Could you please email me your phone number, so we can discuss the issues & concerns from your last visit?

Email address is [email protected]
    Phone #404-557-9682

10. NonPartisanGA says:

I apologize for this incident and I can assure you that this is not indicative of the type of service typically provided to our customers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. I have informed the General Manager of the company which operates Burger King of this incident and you should be contacted within five business days of his course of action to resolve this situation. Please contact me via e-mail or telephone (404-209-2063) if you are not notified by this company or if you were notified and not satisfied with their response. Thank you for patronizing the concessions at our airport and we hope to have you as a customer again.

Chilli Ewing

Department of Aviation

Concessions Compliance / Operations Manager

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

11. racng69 says:

Hey guys i found an awesome spot in the airport to eat!!! It’s called Phillips Seafood. And it’s on D concourse, Airtran side, i believe gate 9. I have ate here about 6 times in the last month. I travel through atlanta once a week for business. I think i have had everything on the menu, and i have no complaints about anything. Also the service is best than most five star restaurant on the streets. It’s truly an awesome experience. Check it out and let us know.

12. Sbarro’s on concourse “C”, I think, is pathetic. The customer service was less than what any reasonable person should expect, the pizza was cold, athough they were incredibily busy.

This has been my experience at most of the eateries in the airport.

In contrast, the customer service at the book store was terrific. The clerk was friendly, professional and even wrapped the book (Eat, Pray, Love- a gift) without so much as a sigh.

What most of these vendors don’t seem to understand (anywhere) is that your frontline service can make or break your business. Quality customer service experiences build your business more rapidly and will sustain you even in low producing cycles. With the massive expense to open these eateries you think they would understand something so basic as this.

13. racng69 says:

Maurice, It’s on B Concourse. I too have been there, they have good and bad days. Food is pretty good!! I still love Phillips Seafood though, went there just a few days ago and food was great and service was awesome. They are consistently good. Recommend them to everyone!