WHAT SEPARATION OF POWERS?

It seems Judge Hilton Fuller forgot to read his constitution. He is telling a state agency and the legislature that they must appropriate funds because he says so. Quick somebody explain to this man the consitutional separation of powers. He gets to interpret the law NOT appropriate the tax funds.

Read the article from the Fulton Daily Report:

LINK

Just two quotes from the article:

House Speaker Glenn Richardson

1. souldrift says:

We no longer honor the separation at the Federal level, why bother honoring it here?

Yes, I’m referring to the Executive bulldozing the Congress, both Republican and Democratic.

2. eehrhart says:

We should honor it here because it is the right thing to do.
    Do you really want one individual to have the spending authority for your tax dollars?

3. jm says:

If we are going to have a death penalty then we have to ensure that the person executed is responsible and that the penalty is not “unusual” given the crime. I think it would have been far cheaper and more fair to Mr. Nichols to actually try this case with an out of state jury, but a more reasonable defense team. I don’t think the fact that he has a defense team capable of stalling the bejeebus out of the process is helping him.

Now, as a teacher, I would have loved to order you all to give me more money the day my boss said we didn’t have the funds because you guys cut my funding and I woulda loved to order you to give me a bigger classroom because you put more kids in my classroom than can possibly be safe for a science lab.

Yeah, one man doesn’t have the power to order the legislature for stuff, but you have to realize that when you hit those yeahs and nays you make us really want to yell.

4. dorian says:

The worst part about the publicity over this case is the impression it leaves in the minds of the general public, the press, and especially the legislature that Judges are all this spend easy. No, the responsibility for this fiasco rests squarely on the shoulders of one man, Judge Fuller. I mean, c’mon, making the county turn over every jury box ever pulled in Fulton County. He has given the defense a blank check up to this point confusing “best possible defense” with “best defense possible”.

5. The Comma Guy says:

Great point dorian. Some would suggest that Nichols is getting a better funded and more favorable court than OJ Simpson had.

6. emma g says:

Eric Johnson is out of his mind if he thinks that Johnnie Cochran worked for $175/hour. Find me a private criminal defense lawyer in Georgia who’ll work for that rate.

It’s too bad that Johnson can’t be consistant about retroactive application of laws-
    contending that this law on lawyers for death cases that passed in 07 should apply to cases that started 2 years ago vs his insistance that the law that would have give Genarlow Wilson a break cannot be retroactively applied.