1. Icarus says:

I want to make sure everyone who questioned Matt Towery’s credentials last week knows this, (And thanks Matt, for boldly placing it before your “analysis”):

Note: Matt Towery was a former National Bicentennial Debate Champion who began his career as a debate and speech coach to congressional and US Senate candidates in the early 1980s)

2. Holly says:

Sorry, Spacey. I tried to watch the wacky webcasts, but I couldn’t make it through the first one. QUIT LOOKING DOWN, DARN IT! It’s distracting me from actually listening.

Matt clearly needs a teleprompter.

3. GAWire says:

“Douche-y” is the word I think you’re looking for, Spacey. Did I just make a violation? Oh well, it’s worth it. Just stating facts.

When is everyone going to understand that Towery’s analysis isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on? Oh wait, everyone does know this.

Oh IIIIII geeeeeettttt ittttt, Spacey … you’re being sarcastic by referencing legitimate topics to Towery’s analysis. Good one.

4. Icarus says:

Wire,

Don’t mess with the National Bicentennial Debate Champion. He might go all fillabuster on you.

5. SpaceyG says:

Dude deals in raw data, GAWire. Something to be said for that. Of course the least one bloweth around a lot of hot air over the facts, the better we might all grasp ’em. Then again, I like a little windbaggedness with my raw political data. Same as I like my raw oysters doused in cocktail sauce. Wouldn’t be the same just plain and unadorned.

6. Doug Deal says:

SpaceyG,

There are a lot of people who do not like embedded video. It crashes half the computers I work with (I am a programmer, so I use up to 6 different computers a day, depending on where I am or what I am doing). I will not go to a number of sites which employ too much embedded garbage.

If someone wants to view a video, how about posting a screen cap and letting them click on it, instead of forcing everyone, no matter the speed of their connection, the RAM in their computer, the firewalls they may be behind, or the speed of their processor turn their web experience into a crappy one?

7. SpaceyG says:

Doug… your crappy experience with embedded garbage might be another person’s idea of a good time. People who create video should make the product shareable, or embedabble. Or why bother putting it out there? You can either choose to embed or not. Most people at the embeddable level are probably dealing with a more sophisticated level of computer useage (and user) than you seem to be.

8. GAWire says:

Spacey, you clearly aren’t a researcher, so I’ll let the ‘raw data’ comment slide. Towery’s data is about as accurate as the oysters you’re dousing in cocktail sauce (btw, the only way to eat raw oysters is with a dot of horsraddish, drenched in butter sauce and maybe a little cocktail spread on the cracker – or suck ’em out of the shell – kind of like sucking crawfish heads, but I digress). I deal in raw data too, Spacey, and just because he talks about ‘data’ doesn’t mean that data is accurate. Case in point: Towery’s ‘data’ told him that Ralph Reed was leading by 10 points in the middle of the afternoon on last year’s primaries. We all saw how accurate that was. His ‘data’ is manipulated (i.e., messaged) and mined, in order to mold his results. He might be dealing in ‘raw data’ but that doesn’t mean it is valid.

9. SpaceyG says:

What are you trying to say here GAWire, that Ralph Reed is stylin’ Towery’s hair? Wink wink, nudge nudge. Come to think about it, they’re both pretty heavy on the hair products, eh? Maybe they were gathering data in Jack Abramoff’s office? BTF outta me where they get the stuff from. I’m no researcher. I’m a journalist, hon. We’re always doing interpretive dance to the sounds of raw data clanging. While eating all the free oysters anyone will provide us. Journalists being notorious free food and drink types…

10. GAWire says:

So, Spacey, are you saying journalists don’t have the slightest clue about the things they write?

Most logical thing I’ve heard all day …

11. SpaceyG says:

I always thought that “interpreting” things meant you actually DO have a clue, GAWire. Beats just nodding off into space — like Dingleberry there.

12. John Konop says:

Is Rudy the next Bill?

Politico-On the campaign trail this year, Rudy Giuliani has cast himself in the model of Ronald Reagan.

But one of his senior aides, in a 2004 book, offered another parallel: William Jefferson Clinton.

John P. Avlon