Fred is coming to Atlanta

October 18th there will be two events. A 12:30 p.m. lunch in Atlanta and a 6:30 p.m. reception in Powder Springs. There will be photo ops beginning 30 minutes before the events. Each event is $2,300 if you want a photo or $1,000 if you want just the reception.

Sadly, I’ll be out of town that day.

1. Adrian Doyle says:

Does he ever have events where he speaks to regular people or does he just go around raising money unless he’s in Iowa?

2. new-guy says:

No kidding. The man is afraid of people and his poor public persona. The only word i can use to describe Fred is “underwhelming”.

3. Holly says:

Actually, he’s in a debate today, which is on CNBC at 4 PM. I think MSNBC will rebroadcast this evening at some point.

4. Painterman says:

Fred had a meet & greet in Gwinnett, just before the Hanity concert in July, and it was free and open to the public. He did a great job working the crowd and spoke well of the needs of the country. I hope to see more of that tonight and I believe there is a free event being sought next week as well, if a location can be found. Remember though, money is the mothers milk of politics, so why act so suprised that a candidate goes around trying to raise money for their campaigne?

5. Adrian Doyle says:

I’m not. Money is important. But Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton seem to be able to do both very, very well. Better than Fred! in fact.

This suggests that if Fred! is going to be the savior of the GOP, he probably needs to raise money and do a little campaigning on the side.

6. Still Looking says:

It is sad statement about the GOP field when the most compelling quality of one of their top-tier candidates is he “looks” presidential. Then again, W has kind of proved that subsatnce doesn’t matter.

7. TrueConservative says:

Boy, Fumbling Fred is having trouble reading his script. Could it be becuse he really has nothing to say?????
    Rudy sure whipped that mormons butt…

8. debbie0040 says:

Rudy whipped Ron Paul’s butt as well with the where were you on 9-11 comment….

I think Fred is more animated in the debate than we have seen hima dn is doing well.

Voters want to feel safe. Fred has that tough, Southern, grandfatherly type charm and grit that makes you feel safe and that you can trust him.

9. Icarus says:

The debate was a solid single for Fred, but no home run. He started out very slow. Came across distant and not engaged. His words were textbook O.K. on his first question, but he didn’t connect with either the Michigan or national audience.

He got better as it went, and was at his best near the end. An O.K. first start, but at least today, he’s not the next ‘great communicator’.

Rudy is still the one the other candidates wish they could be. Also, he slipped in towards the end an unsolicited plug for school choice. Heads Up SoCons, he’s trying to find some common ground.

Huckabee was probably the best for the first half, but then completely imploded on unions, CEO wages, and voting for SCHIP expansion because it is politically expedient to do so.

He Who Shall Not Be Named was his usual fringe self, and said he would not support any of the other candidates if they receive the Republican nomination. Ergo, he’s not a Republican, and should not be allowed in any more Republican debates.

Hunter is an angry protectionist. Tancredo is an angry Xenophobe. Brownback has reached the zenith of his peter principle.

McCain is hard of hearing, but a hearing test is not given to be sworn in to the oval office. He wants to give each state veto power over energy independence, and that, among other things, is a problem for me. He did well over all tonight, however.

Romney was actually impressing me for once, then he said it was up to “the lawyers” if he could invade Iran, if necessary. Nope. Can’t go there.

So, until Fred proves otherwise, I’m probably going with Rudy.

10. Icarus says:

Sorry Holly, it’s something I accidentally started on Redstate, and it caught on quickly.

And if your most like Hunter, does that mean you have a unsubstantiated fear of eating at a RedChinese restaurant? (Beware of the Kung Pao, it’s part of a subversive communist plot).

11. Icarus says:

O.K., I took the quiz. I’m guessing it’s programmed by a Duncan Hunter supporter. No way, no how am I voting for a protectionist, nor am I voting for John McCain. At least not in the primary. At least it had Kucinich last. That’s about all it got right.

12. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

I thought you already maxed-out to Fred, and “sadly being out of town” wouldn’t mean you could attend and give him any more money if you were in town, could it?