Peach Pundit, We Have A Problem

I’ve been gone this week. I haven’t really had a chance to spend time at Peach Pundit because I’ve been busy with my day job.

What I’ve apparently missed is one commenter wishing cancer on Karen Handel, another commenter calling a sitting member of the US Congress a vulgar name, and another dropping lots of expletives.

We’re a pretty free ranging, laid back bunch here at Peach Pundit, but the inter-comment dialogue has gotten way the heck out of line. We’re going to be implementing some bannings around here for a few major abusers who should know better and we’re going to ask everyone to remember to be respectful.

Everyone can have a strongly worded heated conversation, but we need to bring some civility back here. I’m asking the front page posters to help out in this endeavor as we try to restore some semblance of manners around the place.

1. Icarus says:

I blame last night’s South Park episode featuring Eric Cartman with Tourette’s Syndrome. That and the fact that George Bush hates children.

2. Erick says:

My bad Grift, I wanted to upgrade you and you said to hold off. I thought I had done it anyway.

I’m happy to bump you up to the front page.

3. Icarus says:

Rugby, I’ll let you in on a secret.

I know.

I can’t tell you when it will be, but I found it on a Ron Paul website. It’s very hush hush. There are certain people they don’t want to know about these things.

4. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

You cannot have any more “massive dumps” this week. Sonny Perdue has instituted a ban on multiple flushes.

ALSO, with regards to your (cough!-cough!) “day job,” really now, classifying your time spent on the Apple Website or on hold to figure out come bug in your iPhone should not be considered as part of a “day job.”

5. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

ALSO, with regards to your (cough!-cough!) “day job,” really now, classifying your time spent on the Apple Website or on hold to figure out some bug in your iPhone should not be considered as part of a “day job.”

6. SpaceyG says:

“Yes, Master Erick. Dobby loves Master. Dobby will continue to guard the hen house here, Master. Dobby will work only for benefit of good on Peach Pundit, Master. Never for stupid sitting Congresspersons. Dobby going to bash head into wall now, Master. Dobby needs to punish self real good now. Dobby done bad, Master.”

BANG, CRASH, KAPOW

7. GodHatesTrash says:

Evidently, PeachPundit is a site where you can call a “spade” a “spade”, but you can’t call a chickenhawk congressman a chickenhawk.

While we’re on the subject of warbloggers (someone who blogs for war but has never fought in one), anybody seen Senator Douglas recently? Give him my (extremely low) regards…

8. Donkey Kong says:

Woo hoo! The lawlessness has been reigned in. Our dear leader has returned.

Your absence was heavily noted in that Pye was able to post about Vernon Jones without the mention of Snuggles. Very disappointing……

9. Donkey Kong says:

Can you create some kind of code that automatically translates “Vernon Jones” into “Snuggles?”

If so, while you’re at it, please create some kind of code that translates GOPeach-speech into English.

10. I thought this kind of stuff only went on above Griffin. Did we learn any new words? Do what you must but be careful, Adam was the last resident censor and we all know what happened to him.