Bill Gillespie

I think I’ve mentioned it before, but just in case I haven’t, Democrat Bill Gillespie of Tybee Island is going to run against Jack Kingston. He’ll announce officially at 2p.m. this Sunday at his home on Tybee Island. If I go down there for it, he better let me stay the weekend. I want some more time on the beach.

1. Holly says:

Brian’s right. Check out the candidate contributions to recent races. . . it’s downright scary.

2. Romegaguy says:

I understand that Rep Kingston is giving an in-kind contribution to the event…. A couple tons of pork

3. atlantaman says:

Just to get this whole Kingston pork argument straight: you’re saying that if Georgians pay billions of tax dollars into the Federal treasury and all the other states are lining up at the trough, that Kingston should not fight to get some of the Georgia taxpayer money spent back in Georgia?

From my perspective as long as there is not some overall cap on the spending, which as a Conservative I would support, then our Congressmen should fight to get tax dollars back in GA – and no I do not see a contradiction in that statement.

Yes a tax cut and corresponding spending cuts would be best, but if not then get as much of our money as you can.

4. Shakin the bush boss says:

When you need something its not pork. Its only pork if the other guy is getting it for his folks…and you aren’t.

Shakin the Bush Boss

5. dingleberry says:

Jack Kingston is Georgia’s Porker-in-Chief. That won’t change unless the Demonbeck conservatives out there wake up and realize that Jack and his ilk are bankrupting this country.

6. keyth77 says:

Bill Gillespie is the first true threat that Kingston has faced since his election back in 1992. Gillespie is running on a platform of job creation, agriculture, education, better care of military vets & their families & accountability that will resonate with voters who feel they are being left out of the loop. I used to live in Echols County & I know that most of the people down there live below the poverty line who feel kingston just isn’t listening to their concerns.