Clever Commenters Are The Online Stars

Yeah, it’s YOU commenteers. You’re #1. From the NYTimes:

On Gawker, the media gossip Web site, editors select the best comments of the week and conduct commenter executions, in which users judged to be unclever are stripped of their commenting privileges.

Sometimes, would-be Rocket Men pop up in strange places. The real-life identity of one of Gawker

1. Doug Deal says:

Chris,

I think it is benefitial for people like Federalist to post here. When you read such comments, people can make up their own mind as to what they think about his issues by the behavior of the messenger. Overly zealous proponents of an issue do nothing but create supporters on the other side.

As for GHT, you still read what he writes? The amount of energy it takes to read and parse what he writes is not worth the return on investment.

Unless someone does something like posting spam in order to be disruptive, reveals private personal information about another, makes violent threats, or uses offensive language, there should be a lot of lee-way. All of us should be mature enough to filter out comments that we do not want to read.

2. ChuckEaton says:

There are many posters on the Democrat side that sincerely give me a good laugh at times. Chrisishardcore immediatley comes to my mind and yes SpaceyG can make me chuckle occasionally, but I don’t think Federalist is very funny or clever.

I think his posts can be very personal and derogatory and hope nobody was LOL-ing when he made the comments about Karen Handel that Chris previously linked.

3. Mike-El says:

The best comments are from the people who realize this blog/message board stuff isn’t worth having a stroke over and don’t hesitate to poke fun at themselves. Sometimes the hardest thing here at PP is trying to figure out who’s working a “gimmick” and who’s for real.

That said, my favorites: Grift, Demon, Rugby, Ick and my local homefolks, JMac and Nicki.

4. Federalist says:

that comment I made about karen handel is absolutely true…and I stand by it still. All I have ever stated on this site is that people should figure out that conservative and liberals (because most of the morons on this site believe in only one or the other) are not right on every issue. I attack conservative more because social conservatism is totally idiotic…it adheres to no other ideology than religion… and I think it is apparent that our founders felt we should not only be free to exercise religion, but to be free from it’s tyranny as well. Just look at such examples, Farris described himself when trying to attack me. Doug deal did the same because he still has not made anything out of himself,…so he tries to look smart on line. I have never attacked real conservatism…which I am sure most of you have never heard of. Too many of the self-proclaimed cons. on this blog site ralph reed and jerry falwell rather than barry goldwater or eisenhower. Too many people site their own fantasy history rather than underlying causes of various events in human history. The founders sought not only the freedom of religion, but freedom from religion. if you do not believe me, do your research…I have spent 50 years doing it…I suggest you get off the box (computer) and start going to the library if you do not believe me. When I make radical comments, it is only in seek of shaming the stalwarts. If you have never thought twice…well, neither did nazi german officers. People like farris and deal, have just watched american politics go by like a sitcom, rather than actual laws and policies that affect american life. The would rather see certain people “win immunity” or “win” than the rights things be done. America has a morality that even I believe, and it is far from the morality that modern “cons’ervatism” and evangelism have promoted. It existed well before these radical religious zealots like falwell and ralph reed did. it was created before your southern baptist church and is cited from philosophers with a keen observation of human existence, rather than a proclamation that they are a prophet. Which is more important and relevant? economics and benefits for all,…not your religion. it is interesting that my sign-in was mentioned as a nuisance…obviously there are fewer americans here than i thought.

5. Icarus says:

“obviously there are fewer americans here than i thought.”

OMG, are Chris and Doug undocumented Mexicans?

6. Chris says:

/me looks in his wallet.

OMG, I can’t find my GreenCard.

*knock* *knock*

Thats probably ICE now……

7. Federalist says:

Chris,
    That is the beauty of “blogging.” It is anonymous. Do the research. If you are a real journalist, which you certainly are not…and that is why you are a blogger, you would have figured it out. Certainly you have read enough of my life to figure out who I am.
    I have a question for you though:
    Why would you insist on infringing upoin another’s freedom of speech?

8. Doug Deal says:

Time to increment my counter on how many times I have been mentioned in long winded, single paragraphed, paranoid, innaccurate, and hastily written comments.

0 1

Thanks Fed, I am honored and blessed, but if these politics were a sitcom, I would have changed the channel long ago. So, since you are the knower of all truth, what church is it that I am working to benefit? When have I ever, in all my history, invoked a religous purpose for anything I have opposed or supported? (I suspect you have me confused with someone else.)

9. drjay says:

occasional name calling and mocking is fun and sometimes appropriate but it generally comes across as mean spirited the way federalist tends to pile on and hecomes across as quite bitter much of the time…demonbeck and icarus are generally very amusing to read–they have made me laugh out loud from time to time…

10. GodHatesTrash says:

Thanks SpaceGirl for the kind words. And for getting me over here to PeachPundit.

And thanks to Erick for taking the First Amendment as seriously as most GOP kkklowns take their misinterpretation of the Second.

But I have to run now, off to a meeting – it will take me 3 minutes to drive across town here in VT…

Perhaps I’ll walk, and enjoy the lovely early Fall afternoon…

11. Chris says:

Actually Fed, I know who you are. I was more curious if you had the guts to admit who you are after wishing the Secretary of State got cancer.

As to your question of “Why would you insist on infringing upon another

12. Federalist says:

Farris,
    You know who I am, then you guess I am someone…that is the same “tortured logic” that your ideology has tried to impose on america for what…13 years now. I am not a lawyer. I am not disagreeing with handel, though I do. I wish cancer upon her because of who she is and what she represents. Georgia went from a relatively brilliant legal mind (Cox) to a college drop out. This is not an elitist attack, but Handel was installed as SOS. Georgia has no consideration of accomplishment and distinction. Handel does not run the SOS office,…she is just a face for it. I have met with her, and the guy who put her in office (sonny). They wanted me to put up money because martin and taylor couldnt win. they didn’t, but that is not the point. the gop has installed untalented and incomptent figures in ga’s gov’t. I am not paranoid. I refure to use grammar on blogs, because it is not real literature, and is undeserving of it. If i get kicked off, so be it. i just get on this site because retirement is kind of boring and I enjoy reading how idiotic the gop voter actually is.

13. Doug Deal says:

Chris,

The Georgia Bar Association, which is part of the Supreme Court of Georgia, licenses lawyers. The SOS “Handels” pretty much all other licenses except, I think, for Medical licenses.

14. Doug Deal says:

rugby,

List of things Federalist “refures” to use in his comments:

* Paragraphs
    * Spell Check
    * Logic
    * Reason
    * Facts
    * Grammar

The list grows.

15. Federalist says:

Things doug deal refuses to use in his entries:

common sense.
    objectivism.
    common sense.

I can do that too doug. I made a misspelling, big deal… this is not real literature and is undeserving of such consideration.

16. dingleberry says:

Federalist,

You had better beef up on your grammer now…because in HELL, Satan is an English teacher. He will critique all of your grammer. If you mispell something in HELL, you don’t have to bring the teacher an apple. The teacher will place an apple in your anus.

Plus, you have to share a one bedroom apartment with GodHatesTrash and Rugby_Fan. Not to mention the fact that the coffee is cold.

HELL sucks, Federalist. I hope you know what you’re doing.

17. Demonbeck says:

dingleberry,

You spelled “grammar” incorrectly.

See you in hell.

– Satan

P.S. Bring an apple

18. GodHatesTrash says:

I certainly understand Federalist’s unwillingness to use his name on this blog.

Let’s face it – you Georgia GOPers are just a lynchmob waiting to happen.

While one on one, none of you could do the slightest damage to me physically, I wouldn’t want to have to shoot a whole passel of you off my front porch.

19. Federalist says:

You have a good point god. what do you think they would do if they found out that I have some african-american friends? I can not risk their safety either.

20. rugby_fan says:

“Plus, you have to share a one bedroom apartment with GodHatesTrash and Rugby_Fan”.

Don’t forget I will never stop talking about the powers of David Boon and John Eales with my new flat mates.

21. dingleberry says:

Demonbeck,

You are NOT going to HELL. I spelled GRAMMAR wrong deliberately, to see if I could catch some hell-bound folk off guard. Good catch. I’ll see you in heaven. As for the rest of you…send me an IM from your one bedroom apartment in HELL.

22. GodHatesTrash says:

Federalist, it doesn’t take much for these yahoos to get their panties in a knot. But they are less dangerous since they opened all of those $3.99 all-you-can-eat places in all the strip malls – a fat redneck is a happy redneck.

23. Federalist says:

I thought cheap malt-liquor, an issue of guns and ammo, and a camoflauge cap made those people happy. I am sure any combination of the things mentioned in the past few posts will satisfy that breed.

24. joe says:

rugby and dumb sh*t (GHT),

I am a redneck, I am inebriateted, I am content.

Not one of the three has anything to to do with the others.

25. DoubleDawg3 says:

Getting back to the original topic…geez, you people get sidetracked easily…I personally like the posts/comments made by ChrisIsHardCore.

Even though I’m very conservative in my own ideology, I respect that Chris actually puts some time & thought into his posts and comments. I usually disagree with his points, but at least he comes up with solid material — you know, instead of debating who uses spell check and who is or is not a redneck.

26. ugavi says:

Demonbeck is one of the best.

I also disagree with Hardcore on most issues, but at least he puts forth some good arguments.

I respect the posters who argue the issues, and despise the posters who feel the need to resort to personal attacks.

27. Holly says:

Jason Pye. Not a master of the one-liner, but definitely someone with points worth reading. Griftdrift and Doug Deal, too.

I enjoy the humor of Demonbeck, rugby_fan, and Icarus. Rusty also has awesomely funny moments.

28. jm says:

I like the fact that occasionally you get real politicos like Kingston to post.

Then everybody piles on them like its a free for all at WWE.