Fred in Georgia

The Thompson campaign announced today that Senator Chip Rogers will be Fred’s Executive Director and Communications Director in Georgia. Steve Croy will be the Finance Chair. Joel McElhannon will serve as the Regional Political Director.

Full disclosure: I’ve endorsed Fred.

1. GodHatesTrash says:

Fred has the endorsement of the brilliant Len “Three Commandments” Westmoreland as well.

It’s good to see Fred’s lining up all the Georgia GOP intellyjentseeuh behind him.

2. dingleberry says:

I think GodHatesTrash is referring to LYNN Westmoreland, that congressman dude who embarrased his state on cable television.

3. debbie0040 says:

Lynn Westmoreland will be the next Governor.

Sen. Chip Rogers is one of the most popular State Senators and one that gets things done.

Godhatestrash, I am curious about one thing. Did your momma drop you on your head when you were baby? I bet you idolize Michael Moore. You write just like him.

Fred has lined up a great team in Georgia. I hope Newt signs on with him a one of his policy advisors. Newt has had some of the best ideas out there.

4. IndyInjun says:

WOW! Rudy McRompsobee for President…..

Cannon fodder for the enraged Indies who will decide the 2008 election.

Why are y’all wasting your time with the status quo candidates of a totally corrupt party, soon to be a permanent minority party, eventually even in Georgia?

5. CHelf says:

I sure hope he studies up on GA issues before coming to GA. He cannot seem to get out of the mud over getting stuck on important questions in FL. And Fred, please avoid college football speeches. You already pissed off a few UT fans along with some Gamecock fans. While you will still win in TN, you don’t start telling other teams to please beat the Ol’ Ball Coach.

6. debbie0040 says:

Yep I was wrong on that race. I hope I am not on the Gov’s race.

I don’t have a problem with Fred making jokes about college football as long as it is not about Alabama 🙂 Roll Tide!!

Indy, you think the Hildebeast will win the Whitehouse? You can’t be serious. I guess she can give hubby a job of hiring and overseeing the interns…:)

7. RobertC says:

We’ve been over that camper. Its pretty clear it was the other way around on that one. Besides, this is about more than one man or player. Its about fred thompson. And it looks he’s gotten over the rough start and early bad staff moves and got himself a first class operation going now. Go fred!

8. debbie0040 says:

Rugby, as far as the bet how about double or nothing? I bet you and Chelf that Alabama will play for a national championship in football before Georgia will.

I am not saying that Alabama will win Saturday, I am just saying that they will play in the NC game before Georgia will. I think that the two teams are evenly matched and the team that brings their A game to the stadium will win.

9. joe says:

debbie,

That’s not a very fair bet. I went to Rice, and I would take the same bet against Georgia.

10. rugby_fan says:

It could be 45 years before either plays, we would both be dead (more than likely) by then and if we weren’t, surely we would have forgotten about such wagers.

How about a bet on who has the better record at the end of the year?

Or on how badly FSU beats UF and ‘Bama?

11. debbie0040 says:

Joe, that is a good one.
    Rice’s former Offensive Coordinator , Major Applewhite, is an assistant coach at Alabama now.

Now Rugby, I like the Seminoles as long as they are not playing Alabama or LSU.

I remember pacing the floor and praying the last time they won a NC. I also shudder everytime they attempt to kick a field goal to win the game against Miami. Alabama has FS old defensive coach, Kevin Steele.

I am a gator hater so I hope ANYBODY beats Florida.

As far as the FSU-Alabama game, no bets. I am actually going to the game. I hope to consume enough “Bama Bombs” so I won’t care if Alabama gets beat.

12. CHelf says:

Debbie,

I bet Bama is either on probation and/or yet another head coach before they win another NC. It’s in Bama’s nature to do one and/or the other.

As for FredHeads owning GA, it will take much more than GA to overcome either Mitt or Rudy. The deck is stacked against Fred with delegate counts. By Feb 6th this thing could all be over.

13. GodHatesTrash says:

Fred’s homespun drivel will charm the idiot vote, which comprises the majority of the Georgia GOP.

(Debbie is the typical Georgia GOPer, and she loves Fred. She proves my point.)

14. SpaceyG says:

Yeah GHT, that’s moreorless Newt’s #1 weakness as a potential candidate; he’s so busy schemin’ and dreamin’ that he forgets all about that critical “homespun drivel” component necessary for any southern-oriented Republican campaign. No wonder he’s wisely decided to remain in a more Roveian-like mode.

15. Shakin the bush boss says:

Repeat of Post on Other Subject Line:

Erick:

Speaking of GOP folks in GA, thought you might want to know that Karl Rove will be in Atlanta in November to be the closing speaker for the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) Convention being held in Georgia. The event is not open to the public, however members of the GA General Assy will be invited. I understand that this will be one of Rove

16. debbie0040 says:

Chelf, Nick Saban is not one to put up with booster interference. You need to fully investigate that probation. Alabama was not allowed to question Tennessee Coach Phil Fulmer about accusations he made. He said he had a tape recording that proved accusations but was never required to produce it. There was a civil suit filed and about this and the plaintiffs won. Fulmer avoided going to SEC Media Days in Birmingham to avoid this supoena in the civil suit. You don’t get due process with the NCAA.

Alabama will not be the next SEC school put on probation. Saban contract term is so that Alabama can’t afford to fire him and another team can not afford to buy his contract out. Saban will be at Alabama for a while.

You will not hear me saying anything negative at all about Rudy or Mitt. I like them both but just prefer Fred because I think he has the best shot at winning.

GHT, You spout typical liberal elitist dribble. You constantly talk about how conservatives voters are stupid to explain why your liberal ideas keep losing at the ballot box. I will match my IQ against yours any day of the week.

17. CHelf says:

Sorry, Debbie. Blame Fulmer all you want. Bama broke the rules and got caught. “Blame Fulmer” is something straight out of a Hillary playbook. The NCAA had all the evidence they needed. That only explains one probation as well. Doesn’t explain why the NCAA is more or less camped out over there. As for Saban being there for a while, we heard that about Shula as well. And the coach before that…and before that.

18. debbie0040 says:

Shula nor the previous coaches had the very expensive buy out clause that Saban has.

Alabama is not the only team that broke the rules. I remember something about Tee Martin and Western Union payments. There are other schools as well. The NCAA targeted Alabama and turned a blind eye to other schools.

19. IndyInjun says:

Telling is that the only way a thread on FT can get to 30 replies is for it to go off-topic on college football.

Debbie – FT has even less of a chance than did Ralph Reed.

20. CHelf says:

Debbie,

Don’t tell anyone but Fred is a UT fan although you wouldn’t know it last Saturday as he wore blue per Urban Meyer’s request. Do other Bammers know you’re rooting for a UT fan for President?

There Indy. Did I bring it back into the fold?

21. GodHatesTrash says:

Debbie, it only makes good common sense that idiots will vote for idiots. Do you have another theory, idjit?

22. debbie0040 says:

I guess that is a good explanation of why you supported Kerry in 2004 and why you support the Dems in 2008